• Most overrated band of all time.

They will always be the most overrated band of all time. Sorry nut job Beatle fans. They never have been, non will they ever be the greatest band of all time. Couldn't even play their instruments correctly. They were nothing more than a boy band until 1967. Their later music was nothing but cartoonyey.

• Good band, absolutely? But their lack of talent compared to other bands (and the title of greatest band ever) makes them overrated.

Yes, the Beatles revolutionized music, and took music onto a whole other level. They also had great song writing. But aside from that, what made the Beatles so great? And why do people considered them to be the best band of all time. They changed music and the way that all modern bands formed, but just because they were they first mass-marketed band with a huge fanbase does not mean that they were the best. Breaking it down by each individual instrument, there was nothing special about the Beatles. Guitar, Drums, and Bass are all average- slightly above average. The Who existed in the same era, but were way more musically talented, yet get much less recognition from the general populous. While they may have been the best band of their time, they would have been just another band in the 70's. If they were around a decade later, they would be completely overshadowed by some of the great 70s bands (Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Lynard Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Rush, AC-DV, Black Sabbath, Queen, etc.). I'm not trying to say that they aren't good/ they have a good harmony and have well written songs, but the mere fact that they weren't as skilled/ talented as many other bands should justify them not being considered he best band of all time.

• Yes, the Beatles are overrated.

The Beatles WERE a great band, no one's denying that. They were the first of their generation to bring about the type of music they did, and they did essentially revolutionize the music world, and that alone makes them a great band. However, that does not take away from the fact that they are an overrated band. Being overrated is entirely different to be GOOD. Like I said, go out and try to find someone who thinks the Beatles were a bad band, you'd have a hard time of it for sure. However, the vast majority of their music was in fact stagnant, or unchanging. They stuck to one type of music for the majority of their career and didn't change it up much. This type that they stuck to was a simplistic, pop-sounding style. Don't believe me? Take a look at some of their most popular songs. 'Love Me Do', 'Here Comes the Sun', even 'Hard Days Night'. All of these songs are extremely simplistic, repetitive, and lack originality. The Beatles consistently made easy and repetitive songs. And that speaks to the QUALITY of their music. So although they had a massive, MASSIVE fan base, the quality of their music did not match the sheer enormity of the fan base, and THAT is what makes them overrated.
    Another thing, the Beatles were good, but they were not the best musicians out there. You can't say that because 1) music taste is subjective so you can't really force anything to believe that they are the best band ever, or even that they were good and 2) comparing different bands back then would be like comparing apples to oranges. The Beatles were the first of their genre, and so obviously they were the best in that particular field! There was barely any competition! The only reason they got so famous was because their simplistic music appealed to the masses. It was the equivalent of today's pop artists. So one thing I don't get is why people hate on 'mainstream music' from today but go on to worship the Beatles, who were essentially the equivalent of 'mainstream' back then.
    All in all, the Bealtes are an overrated band.

• Yeah, the Beatles really are not that good

Not one person in the band was the best at what they did. Ringo is not the best drummer of all time, George Harrison was not the best bassist ever, Paul McCartney was not the best guitarist ever, and John Lennon is not the best vocalist ever. The only category they could possibly win is best song writing duo, And even then a lot of their songs are totally nonsensical (i.E. I am the Walrus). Their early songs are almost entirely made to sell themselves to a young, female audience. When they start branching out after they have achieved fame, they start doing so many drugs the lyrics do not make sense in the slightest what so ever.

Additionally, they preached messages and helped a movement they had no real relation to. This being the hippie movement, or counter-culture. John Lennon (yes I know this is solo career) wrote "Imagine" a song where he asks you to imagine a world without possessions. He had millions of dollars, drove a rolls royce and had excessive displays of his wealth everywhere. Not to mention he was a dead beat Dad to his first son Julian.

Overrated? That's an under statement

• Yes, they are.

Though they are not my favorite, they are overrated. But I guess everyone likes what they like. Guess it was cute guys playing guitar and drums and vocals that made women go crazy. THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED. THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED. THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED. THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED. AGREE?

• Overrated and annoying

I never liked the Beatles. Not to be "anti"; simply because I don't like their music. Yes, it's possible. No, I don't care who thinks I'm nuts or stupid for it.

Some of their music (e.G. "Yellow Submarine") is so awful to my ears it actually induces my anger.

They did not invent Rock n' Roll. They were not the first. Even if they were, so what? Being foundational is not the same as being good, nor should it command respect. There have been a great many awful things that inspired truly good things. But the inspiration is still awful.

This is about as rational as Beatles defenders can get:

http://noisey.Vice.Com/blog/shut-your-dumb-stupid-mouth-about-the-beatles-being-overrated

Case closed.

• Great band but ridiculously overrated

As much as the next guy, I'll turn up a good Beatles song if it comes on the radio. But it's just ridiculous how much they've been worshipped in the last 50 years like none of the bands that came after them even mattered. They had a very large, loud generation of baby boomers adoring them hyping them up and that is how they reached their current overrated status. 30 years ago, Elvis was held in the same high regard as the Beatles, but he rightfully fell from his perch. I wish the Beatles would do the same, but admittedly they were more talented and did the most to invent white person rock. So maybe they'll never go away. I get tired of all these retired people arguing about what Paul ate for breakfast the day John and George were recording an accordion part on some crappy b-side. Who cares? Music has moved on, let that crap go already.

• Boy Band of the 60s

So So musicians compared to The Faces, Kinks, Hendrix, Clapton ya get the idea. Was at the right place right time like alot of the things in life. Feel they kinda copied Buddy Holly's style and ran with it. Ringo basic drummer NO vocals, Paul decent vocals basic bass player. George and John basic compared to other talent of that time period. They were the New Kids on the Block-Bay City Rollers of the 60s but came to music at a time when music was changing so they rode the wave and the rest is history

• Definitely overrated no great talent with playing instruments or singing.

Having said that, they did come out with some good catchy tunes and certainly knew how to promote and sell themselves. They mostly just turned up at the right place and time and hit a spark with the public.

So definitely set their place in history, and pretty original, but when you break it down to fundamentals not the best. Average vocals, mediocre guitar. Some good tunes.

• Talented but definitely overrated.

It seems like the opposition has no substance to their argument. Just saying that "all artists" use the Beatles as inspiration is not enough. Many bands have been influenced more by more imaginative and creative works such as led zeppelin. The Beatles are a great band and I'll always attest to that but if you are arguing whether they are overrated or not is not even a question.

• The greatest band

The Beatles changed the musical landscape worldwide and earned the respect of musicians across genres. Tell me who among subsequent artists that are said to have further revolutionized music had that privilege? Nirvana? The Clash, Sex Pistols? Eminem? Not one. The Beatles are simply beyond comparison; no other band was every near their league

• The Beatles? Overrated? You've got to be kidding me!

I believe entirely that the Beatles were at the center of nearly every good rock and roll scene. Bob Dylan was inspired by the Beatles, the Byrds were inspired by the Beatles, the Rolling Stones were inspired by the Beatles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were inspired by the Beatles- Heck, nearly everyone I can think of was inspired in some way by the music of the Beatles. And who wouldn't be? When the witty lyrics of John Lennon are combined with the musicianship of George Harrison, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney. Who wouldn't want to spend a summer's evening, listening to I am the Walrus? Well, who then? Who??

• Definitely not Overated!!!!!

I'm a third year music business major now. I think I am entitled to more than my opinion. Although the beatles are not my favorite band, I do like them a lot and understand what they did. They were originally a band picked up in the first wave british invasion to be marketed as "Family Entertainment". However, they quickly gained success and drove away from that attitude. Because of the different influences of the time and the 60's, the Beatles began experimenting with music and production. When revolver came out, people were like "what the hell happened?" in a positive way! They were being well received because they took the pop out of rock and put in the idea that a band didn't have to be traditional, but rather experimental and emotional, in an obscure way. Plus, they didn't have any kind of formal musical training: couldn't read, and couldn't really put it down on staff paper either. The Beatles were so important. Important enough for them to be a core musical example in the basic and complex music theory classes I MUST take as a music major. So anybody who says they are overrated is ignorant and simply doesn't understand that impact, and simply bases their opinion on their own taste in music.

• Definitely not Overated!!!!!

• Objectively, they are not overrated

Determining how good a songwriter or musician or trying to rank bands is incredibly subjective. One person's opinion is not really relevant anyway. Collectively, people loved The Beatles throughout the band's existence and still do decades later, perhaps more than any pop group. Like every other band that ever "made it", they had the right product to offer at the right time. Their music has withstood the test of time. They are "rated" exactly where they should be.

• Objectively, they are not overrated

• The best ever.

The argument that they would only be an average band had they come around later is a flawed argument. Their arrival caused the invention of music equipment that all good concert bands got the benefit from. Had they come out today, their music wouldn't sound like their 60's music. That's like saying Babe Ruth would suck today because he wasn't in great shape. Had Babe come around today, he would have gotten the training benefits modern athletes have.

• Nonsense, overrated? Of course not.

I can't be bothered to go in to detail, but the Beatles were a pioneering rock band, not some manufactured boyband and the simple fact that they wrote their own songs as well as hits for others stands them aside from the crowd, let's not forget they wrote the Rolling Stones' first hit, and who finds them an overrated boyband? Nobody, that's who. Enough said.

• The Beatles Are Important.

Sure, you may not like them, sure you may prefer other artists or you may say that there were more talented musicians around. However, they are important to our music. They changed a lot of things and were true innovators. They influenced everyone and there really is no deneying that. They are not my favorite but they are important.

• So many great songs

I was born in 1970 and I wasn't a Beatles fan until the albums were released on iTines. I mean, I didn't hate them or anything, I just didn't get it - and I also thought they were overrated. When I really started listening, I discovered that a whole lot of songs I thought were from others were actually Lennon/McCartney compositions. The other day something hit me, though. How many Beatles songs did I know before I was a fan?

So I went through the entire discography and counted what I knew just up through high school, before I was really into music. By that time I knew (and liked) 63 of their songs...And again, I was not particularly a fan, nobody in my family liked them, and I didn't have close friends who played them - this is just from radio, etc. I knew some of them were by the Beatles then, but way more than half I thought were other bands.

Sure, there are other bands now that I know better - but they're my favorite bands, and there are none that have 63 songs that would have caught my attention in first listen. When I look at it honestly, no other group even comes close to the Beatles in terms of iconic songs - and at the end of the day it's the sons, not how well they are played, that make a band great.

My Mom thought she disliked the band until I gave her a CD of songs she had loved for years, but had no idea were the Beatles. Now she is amazed. I would be willing to bet a lot of the "overrated" crowd like a bunch of their stuff but don't know it's them.

I know I grew up when they were being played a lot, but still - I don't think any other group has so many songs that are so universally worth knowing.

Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:30:30.070
The comments in the The Beatles Are Overrated section are extremely ignorant and ludicrous!

As The All Music Guide says in their excellent Beatles biography "That it's difficult to summarize their career without restating cliches that have already been digested by tens of millions of rock fans, to start with the obvious,they were the greatest and most influential act of the rock era and introduced more innovations into popular music than any other rock band of the 20th century."

"Moreover they were among the few artists of *any* discipline that were simultaneously the best at what they did *and* the most popular at what they did." They also say as singers John Lennon and Paul McCartney were among the best and most expressive in rock. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-beatles-mn0000754032/biography

Also on an excellent site,The Evolution of Rock Bass Playing McCartney Style by bass player Dennis Alstrand,Stanley Clarke,Sting,Will Lee,Billy Sheehan,George Martin and John Lennon are quoted saying what a great,melodic and influential bass player Paul has always been. http://www.alstrand.com/evolution/evolution.html And Wilco's John Stirratt was asked in Bass Player which bass players have had the most impact on his playing and the first thing he said was, Paul McCartney is one of the greatest bass players of all time,if you listen to what he was tracking live in the studio it's unbelievable." "With his tone and musicality he was a huge influence,he covered all of his harmonic responsibilities really well but his baselines were absolutely melodic and inventive."

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/15716769/windy-city-wingman-john-stirratt-lays-roots-wilco

In this 2010 interview the blogger says that John Stirratt has an affinity for good melodies so it's not surprising that Paul McCartney is one of his musical icons and then he quotes him saying that he's always absolutely in awe of his playing,including Paul's Beatles years.

Http://audreeanne.Blogspot.Com/2010/02/interview-wilcos-john-stirratt-talk.Html

And in an online 1977 Eric Clapton interview,Eric Clapton In His Own Words he says that there was always this game between John and George,and he said partly because John was a pretty good guitar player himself http://www.superseventies.com/ssericclapton.html .He played live with John as a member of John's 1969 Plastic Ono Band. And there is a great online article by musician and song writer Peter Cross,The Beatles Are The Most Creative Band Of All Time and he says that many musicians besides him recognize Paul as one of the best bass guitar players ever.He too says that John and Paul are the greatest song composers and that to say that John and Paul are among 2 of the greatest singers in rock and roll is to state the obvious,and that John,Paul and George were all excellent guitarists and that George is underrated by people not educated about music but that Eric Clapton knew better,he also says that both John and Paul played great leads as well as innovative rhythm tracks. John Lennon co-wrote,sang and played guitar on one of David Bowie's first hits Fame in 1975 and David invited John to play guitar on his version of John's beautiful Beatles song Across The Universe.Brain May,Ozzy Osbourne,and Liam Gallagher and many more call The Beatles The Greatest Band Ever.' http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Beatles-are-the-Most-Creative-Band-of-All-Time&id=222245

Also on Music Radar Tom Petty,Joe Perry and Richie Sambora in What The Beatles Mean To Me all say how cool and great they thought The Beatles were when they first saw them on The Ed Sullivan Show in February 1964 when they were just teen boys,Richie was only 5.Tom Petty said he thought they were really really great.And Alan White from the group Yes is also interviewed.

Http://www.Musicradar.Com/news/guitars/tom-petty-what-the-beatles-mean-to-me-219800

http://www.Musicradar.Com/news/guitars/aerosmiths-joe-perry-what-the-beatles-mean-to-me-219308

http://www.Musicradar.Com/news/guitars/bon-jovis-richie-sambora-what-the-beatles-mean-to-me-219479

http://www.Musicradar.Com/news/guitars/alan-white-from-yes-what-the-beatles-mean-to-me-219747

Robin Zander of Cheap Trick said he's probably one of the biggest Beatles fans on the planet.Brad Whitford of Aerosmith said that a lot of that Beatles influence comes from Steven Tyler's collaboration with Mark Hudson both whom are absolute Beatles freaks and he said I guess the goal is to try and emulate probably some of the best music of the last 50 years which has to be The Beatles.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:32:33.527
The Beatles were *NEVER* a ''boy band''! As a poster Reverend Rock,who is a rock musician,reverend and a big Beatles fan said on a classic rock site years ago,that anyone who knows The Beatles history knows it's ludicrous to even *suggest* such a thing! And what a huge insult to their enormous talent as true singers,song writers and musicians! The Beatles were a *zillion* times more talented and cool than any stupid,uncool,untalented real boy band!

The Monkees are the first true boy band because they didn't even start off as a genuine band, they were all musical but they were originally hired as actors to play members of a TV pop rock band for their TV show, they didn't start off playing together like Paul at age 15,George age 14 and John age 16 playing guitars and singing,then playing a few years later for 8 hours a night in sleazy strip clubs( and The Beatles had sex with many young women groupies,many who were teen girls and strippers) like The Beatles did in Hamburg Germany(or anywhere) for 2 years in a row,taking speed pills to stay awake to do it,and working their a*ses off playing as a real rock n roll band,and then playing successfully in the Cavern club as a real rock n roll band for years by the time they made it big.

And The Beatles wrote and played a lot of great rock n roll and pop rock songs in their early days. John and Paul wrote the rock n roll song I Wanna Be Your Man write in front of Keith Richards and Mick Jagger in 1963 and they were both really impressed that they could just write a song just like that,and it inspired them to start writing their own songs and both bands became good friends from then on. And this song was one of The Rolling Stones first hits.

There is just no comparison to The Monkees etc. A guy so accurately said on a message board many years ago when some idiots called them a ''boy band'' that The Beatles were *never* a boy band,not even during their 1963-1965 period. And another guy said a few years after this on another forum,when some idiot said this,that he too once thought the early Beatles were a boy band like NYSNC,or The Back Street Boys,until he got out of 7th grade.

Every time some ignorant person unjustly calls them a boy band,I'm sure John Lennon's ashes must be turning with outrage.I'm sure he would go on to these sites and say I was *not* the founder and the leader of some f*king,stupid,uncool,untalented, boy band get that through your stupid f*cking heads!

And younger people don't know what type of music was out in 1963,even though I wasn't born yet,I know that The Beatles early songs like She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand were hard rock compared to the music out then.There was just Bobby Darin,The Four Seasons,Bobby Vinton and The Beach Boys surfing hits.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:33:49.140
Here is a very good educational you tube video by MeanMr Mayo who is a member of The Beatles fan site,Abbryd debunking this stupid,ridiculous,ludicrous myth that The Beatles were ever a boy band.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=PmVlDCm5NOU

242. The Beatles were NOT a "boy band"

www.Youtube.Com

Typical modern day nonsense.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:34:43.150
In this All Music Guide review of The Beatles 1963 second album,With The Beatles Stephen Thomas Erlewine says at the end of the very good review that still the heart of With The Beatles lies not in the covers but the originals where it was clear that even at this early stage The Beatles were rapidly maturing and changing turning into expert craftsman and musical innovators.

Http://www.Allmusic.Com/album/with-the-beatles-mw0000192941
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:36:08.467
Also in an excellent Beatles book Ticket To Ride by Denny Somach where so many other well known popular respected rock musicians and artists are interviewed about The Beatles praising them including Jimmy Page,Brian Wilson who says he's always loved The Beatles. And Brian Wilson called John & Paul the greatest song writers of the 20th century on a 1995 Nightline Beatles tribute show,(which had on music artists from every type of music,a young black jazz musician,a middle aged black opera singer,Steve Winwood,Meatloaf,and classical violinist Isak Perleman,who said he plays his children Bach,Beethoven Mozart and The Beatles)and he played With A Little Help From My Friends on the piano and he said he just loves this song. He also said that Sgt.Pepper is the greatest album he ever heard and The All Music Guide says in their Beach Boys biography,that Brian had a nervous breakdown after he heard it. Brian also said that when he first heard The Beatles brilliant 1965 folk rock album Rubber Soul he was blown away by it.He said all of the songs flowed together and it was pop music but folk rock at the same time and he couldn't believe they did this so great,this inspired him to make Pet Sounds.

John Lodge and Justin of The Moody Blues are interviewed in this book and Bill Wyman and Ron Wood says how The Rolling Stones became good friends with The Beatles in 1963 after John and Paul wrote 1 of their first hits,the Rock n Roll song,I Wanna Be You're Man.

Ron Wood was asked what his favorite Beatles songs and he said there are so many apart from the obvious like Strawberry Fields I Want To Hold Your Hand is one he said he used to like a lot ,and he said he really loved We Can Work It Out.He also says that The Beatles used to have a radio show every Friday where they played live and spoke and he would never miss an episode. He said in fact whoever has the rights to those shows should dig them up,because they are incredible.

Justin Hayward says that the album he always really loved ,and he said it was when they started experimenting with chord structures ,was A Hard Day's Night.He says they began to move away from the standard 3 chord thing and just went into more interesting structures .He said A Hard Day's Night was the album for him and their song If I Fell was the song.He said it started in a different key to how it ended up,and it's a beautifully worked out song and that there are some songs on that album that were very emotional and evocative. He said that for everybody just starting to write songs as he was,it was a real turn on and eye opener.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:37:17.980
From Me To You,and especially She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand were praised by some music critics even from the beginning,like William Mann of The London Times in December 1963 pointed out their interesting unusual chords and arrangements and London Times music critic Richard Buckle also in late 1963 called John and Paul the greatest composers since Beethoven after they wrote the music for a play Mods and Rockers.

Bob Dylan ,Roger McGuinn of The Byrds as early as 1963 and 1964 pointed out that even in early Beatles songs like She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand had unusual and interesting chords and they arranged them.Roger also has said that The Beatles unusually used folk rock chords in their rock n roll music and that they invented folk rock without even realizing it.

Here in this article about The Beatles chords,Bob Dylan is quoted saying what he thought in 1964 about The early Beatles music,he said that they were doing things nobody was doing and that their chords were outrageous,just outrageous and their harmonies made it all valid.

Http://www.Icce.Rug.Nl/~soundscapes/VOLUME03/Words_and_chords.Shtml

Here in Rolling Stone Magazine's 100 Greatest Song Writers Bob Dylan is number 1,Paul McCartney is number 2, and John Lennon is number 3, Bob Dylan is quoted about a car trip when he heard a lot of Beatles songs on the radio, he said they were doing things and that he knew they were pointing the direction where music had to go.

Http://www.Rollingstone.Com/music/lists/100-greatest-songwriters#john-lennon

Roger McGuinn has said that he started to play a 12 string guitar after he saw and heard George Harrison playing in in the A Hard Day's Night movie.Roger also said that The Beatles unusually wrote folk rock chords in their rock n roll music and he said that they invented folk rock without even realizing it.

And John and Paul wrote one of The Rolling Stones first hits the rock n roll song, I Wanna Be Your Man in late 1963 right in front of them. And Keith Richards and Mick Jagger were impressed and said wow,how can you write a song just like that and it inspired them to start writing their own songs.

John Lennon and Paul McCartney were such amazingly talented singer song writers that they were already writing hit songs for other artists as early as 1963 when their own song writing success was getting off the ground,besides The Rolling Stones,they also wrote hit songs in 1963 for Billy J.Kramer and The Dakatos,Celia Black,and Peter and Gordon etc.

Paul wrote his first song at age 14 and was playing guitar,John wrote heavy deep poetry but didn't start writing songs until he met Paul and was impressed that he wrote his own songs,and he too started to write his own songs at age 16,and they wrote together and never stopped from then on. Paul wrote the very pretty song I'll Follow The Sun at only 16.Even when The Beatles first came to America in February 1964 many people said how rare it was for *adult* rock n roll bands and solo artists to write their own songs,and Paul and John were already doing this as teenagers in the mid 1950's.

And even though I wasn't born yet in 1963 I know what type of music was popular on the radio,non rock n roll songs like Bobby Vinton,The Four Seasons,Bobby Darin and The Beach Boys surfing hits,The early Beatles songs like She Loves You, I Want To Hold Your Hand and I Saw Her Standing there etc were hard rock for 1963 and ahead of their time.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:38:11.860
The early Beatles lyrics were more simple but a lot of their early music was actually much more complex. Just one of many examples I always loved this very early John song written and recorded in 1962 Ask Me Why.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=9Ex-epsPWoc

I have always loved this great beautiful song written by John,with such typical beautiful melodies and harmonies John and Paul usually wrote,and John's usual beautiful singing voice.And this was amazingly recorded in 1962 on only two track tape! With such limited,primitive recording technology but it of course still sounds great.Except I hate mono it's limited sounding and only makes their already limited recording technology sound even more limited.I tried to find the stereo version of this song on youtube but I couldn't find it.

Here university of Pennsylvania graduate musicologist Alan W.Pollack who did an 11 year extensive analysis of every one of the 200 Beatles songs,analyzes Ask Me Why and explains that it's structurally complex.

Http://www.Icce.Rug.Nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/amw.Shtml

Here is Alan's whole Beatles song analysis series

http://www.Icce.Rug.Nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/awp-notes_on.Shtml
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:39:01.470
Award winning classical composer and music professor Dr.Glen Gass's Beatles course he's been teaching since 1982 and he's been teaching a course in rock music in general since then.

Http://courses.Music.Indiana.Edu/rock/beatles.Html

http://info.Music.Indiana.Edu/faculty/current/gass-glenn.Shtml
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:39:53.683
32 Year old Beatles and music scholar Arron Krerowicz plays many instruments & writes his own music too

http://www.Aaronkrerowicz.Com/faq.Html

FAQ - AARON KREROWICZ, Professional Beatles Scholar

www.Aaronkrerowicz.Com

You claim to be a “professional Beatles scholar”. What exactly does that mean? It means that I have no professional responsibilities other than analyzing, writing ...
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:40:43.400
University Of Berklee Multi-talented Musician,Guitar Teacher,First Female Guitar Teacher,And Now Music Professor Lauren Passarelli Has Loved The Beatles Since She Saw Them On The ED Sullivan Show When She Was 4 Years Old.

Https://www.Berklee.Edu/news/4635/meet-the-beatle

https://www.Berklee.Edu/people/lauren-passarelli
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:41:39.670
Bass Player & Berklee Music Professor Suzanne M.Clark Teaches Courses On The Beatles,Solo Beatles & Music Of John Lennon

https://www.Berklee.Edu/people/suzanne-m-clark

Suzanne M. Clark Berklee College of Music

www.Berklee.Edu

Suzanne M. Clark is a professor in the Harmony Department at Berklee College of Music who also teaches in the Songwriting Department. In 2010, Clark received the Don ...
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:45:11.627
University Of Southern California Music Professor And Musician,Bill Biersach Has Always Been A Huge Beatles Fan & And Has Been Teaching A Beatles Course For 40 Years.

Https://music.Usc.Edu/bill-biersach-40-years-with-the-beatles-and-usc/

http://dailytrojan.Com/2012/04/16/popular-beatles-class-once-controversial/
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:46:00.360
Here is a really good July 1976 Rolling Stone Magazine interview with George Martin in which he's asked about George Harrison who he says is talented but John and Paul are so enormously talented that it was silly to look elsewhere.But it's obvious George Harrison was even more talented as a song writer and guitarist than most people realize because in this same interview George Martin says that he didn't give George much encouragement he just tolerated him. And of course John and Paul didn't give him much encouragement,so he did mostly everything on his own.

Http://www.Rollingstone.Com/music/features/george-martin-recalls-the-boys-in-the-band-19760715?Page=2#comments
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:46:50.250
Around 2003 I found an online interview with George Martin and he said that even though he has produced many other music artists and he has never had the same success before or after producing The Beatles,he has never known or worked with anyone as brilliant as The Beatles. He was also interviews in the 1990's on a Breakfast With The Beatles show on a local rock station,and he said that John Lennon and Paul McCartney were incredibly talented people and he said it like he still couldn't believe it. And he also said they both were extraordinarily talented song writers and great singers.

And in the excellent thorough book by Mark Lewisohn,The Beatles Recording Sessions,George Martin,and so many of The Beatles tape operators and recording engineers are interviewed,(and in the beginning there is a great 1987 interview with Paul McCartney) and they describe in detail how truly innovative, brilliant and creative especially John and Paul were in their amazing 8 year recording career. And there is a big black and white picture of Mick Jagger sitting in between John and Paul in the recording console room listening to the playback of the songs from The Beatles Revolver album.

And my cousin who was born in 1968 who used to be a lawyer,and his brother born in 62 who is still a lawyer,and their sister born in 64,their oldest brother born in 60,and their parents have always been Beatles fans. My cousin born in 68,went to England around 1991 and he told me that he was at a British Museum where the works of Shakeaspere,Dickens,Wodsworth and Keats,Lennon and McCartney's lyrics are right in the same case. And he said the majority of visitors always said,forget the Shakespeare etc,lets go over to the Lennon and McCartney lyrics.

When I once asked him,if he still liked The Beatles he said,best band there ever was.My step cousin born in 1958,said they probably were the greatest band ever.He saw Paul McCartney and Wings in May 1976 in concert when he was 18 and he said it was a great show.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:47:57.627
This 1999 review of Mark Lewisohn's excellent Beatles studio diary book where many of The Beatles recording engineers and tape operators and their producer George Martin are interviewed (and it shows how truly innovative,brilliant and creative especially John and Paul were in the recording studio),The Beatles Recording Sessions titled, Behind The Creative Genius Of A Groundbreaking Band by a musician himself says it all, he says that as a musician he found Mark Lewisohn's portrayal of The Beatles genius and in parenthesis he says, especially that of John Lennon and Paul McCartney, to be completely thorough and accurate, as well as insightful. He then says if you are to buy any one Beatles book,buy this one.

Https://www.Amazon.Com/gp/customer-reviews/R3EHW182TIHFQ2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?Ie=UTF8&ASIN=1454910054

And this reviewer RAS who became a big Beatles fan after he read The Beatles Recording Sessions book,said,I think The Beatles ARE BRILLIANT and he said he despairs what his life would be like without The Beatles!! He said that when he first saw this book,he said Oh another garbage Beatles book.

Http://www.Amazon.Com/The-Complete-Beatles-Recording-Sessions/product-reviews/1454910054/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_paging_btm_2?Ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful&pageNumber=2
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:51:15.900
Ozzy Osbourne has been a big Beatles fan since he was an early teenager,and he picked She Loves You as one of his favorite songs for Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest songs and Sgt.Pepper is one o his favorite albums. He says that not loving The Beatles is like not loving oxygen and he called The Beatles the greatest band to ever walk the earth.

Here Ozzy Osbourne says that he doesn't anyone will ever be as great as The Beatles and he said they were all great,even George Harrison and Ringo Starr were great.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=FD0_MtCDcQQ

Here is a video of Ozzy Osbourne meets Paul McCartney for the first time and they hug each other.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=EkudA0P27Q0

Here Ozzy Osbourne says how hearing She Loves You at age 15 in 1963 on his transistor radio inspired him to go into music.

Http://www.Belfasttelegraph.Co.Uk/entertainment/news/ozzy-osbourne-beatles-moved-me-30320049.Html

Here both Ozzy Osbourne and Tom Petty praise The Beatles,the early Beatles in this clip but The Beatles in general.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=CCnjnE0c0RE
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:52:19.317
Great January 2002 Toronto Star article and quotes from Micky Dolenz of The Monkees,The Monkees:The Original Boy Band? It compares them to The Back Street Boys, and New Kids On The Block and says The origin of the term boy band came from those only male vocal groups who wrote no music & played no instruments. Thankfully there is no ludicrous mention of The Beatles in this article.

Https://www.Thestar.Com/entertainment/2002/01/03/the_monkees_the_original_boy_band.Html
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:55:39.307
Steve Jobs was a big Beatles fan,and he was asked if he preferred The Beatles or The Rolling Stones and he said,if the vault was on fire,and he could grab only one set of master tapes,he would grab The Beatles.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-Music-And-Books-That-Inspired-Steve-Jobs-2313773.php

In the 2012 Newsweek Beatles special celebrating 50 years since their music came out,Steve Jobs was quoted from Walter Isaacson's biography as talking about how the band's approach to recording "refining and refining" influenced his own creative process. He said they were such perfectionists they kept it going and going he said. Steve Jobs said that this made a big impression on him when he was in his thirties.Newsweek rightfully says,that it's hard to imagine another rock band that influenced the way computers are made just as it is to think of one whose name became an adjective. And Newsweek said and that's why The Beatles still stand apart. They quote Steve Jobs saying,"Somebody else could have replicated the Stones,(Newsweek then says,nailing the difference between artists shaped by their times and those who shape them),no one could have been Dylan or The Beatles.

Steve also liked The early Beatles too,he had a lot of songs on his ipod from their great 1964 album,A Hard Day's Night,and Meet The Beatles from 1963.And Help from 1965

http://beatlessongwriting.Blogspot.Com/2011/10/under-influence-steve-jobs.Html
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:57:31.440
Bob Dylan talks of Beatles friendship

Legend admits: 'I'm in awe of McCartney'
May 16, 2007

Bob Dylan has spoken in depth about his longstanding friendship with The Beatles and his particular bond with George Harrison.

Talking to Rolling Stone magazine, Dylan talked freely about Harrison’s struggle to find his voice within the songwriting collective of John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

"George got stuck with being the Beatle that had to fight to get songs on records because of Lennon and McCartney. Well, who wouldn’t get stuck?" he asked.

Dylan highlighted the writing talents of Harrison, saying: "If George had had his own group and was writing his own songs back then, he’d have been probably just as big as anybody."

Speaking against popular belief, the singer also denounced any rumors of competitiveness towards Lennon and McCartney, asserting, "They were fantastic singers. Lennon, to this day, it’s hard to find a better singer than Lennon was, or than McCartney was and still is."

Nodding his cap to McCartney in particular, Dylan concluded: "I’m in awe of McCartney. He’s about the only one that I am in awe of. He can do it all. And he’s never let up... He’s just so damn effortless.''

http://www.Nme.Com/news/bob-dylan/28350
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:58:28.957
Both VH1 and MTV have been using Richie Unterberger's excellent All Music Guide’s long Beatles biography as their Beatles biography they both used to not have a very good biography of The Beatles.Here are great Beatles biographies that totally debunk this totally stupid,inaccurate,ludicrous,ridiculous myth that they were ever a ‘’boy band’’!

Http://www.Allmusic.Com/artist/the-beatles-mn0000754032/biography

https://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/The_Beatles

The Beatles own documentary The Beatles Anthology

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=AJczmuZ-OeU&list=RDAJczmuZ-OeU#t=13

The great 1982 Beatles documentary,The Complete Beatles narrated by award winning British actor Malcolm McDowell

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=YG8GbhSZq-o&list=PL2BCD47B5F0BDD651&index=2

And any great reputable accurate Beatles biography would debunk this ludicrous,stupid myth.And I have *never* read or heard *any* legitimate serious rock critics or rock music journalists describe them this way and for extremely great reasons!
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T01:59:44.117
I have read all of the many almost all 5 star amazon.Com reviews of the new remastered amazon.Com best seller,The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl and many people are saying what I and other fans have said elsewhere,that given how limited and primitive sound systems of the time were,and they had no feedback monitors so they couldn't even hear themselves singing and playing,they played and sounded amazingly good! I heard the small samples on amazon.Com,and what struck me is how typically great and prominent Paul's bass playing is,someone said he's playing it like a lead instrument.Also an amazon.Com reviewer said how underrated John's rhythm guitar playing is and how George Harrison's guitar playing is very good and how great Ringo's drumming is.

.

Here on Paul McCartney.Com quite a few members are saying that it's amazing and incredible that The Beatles played so great and sang so great with such primitive sound systems at the time and no feedback monitors so they couldn't even hear themselves singing and playing.One member said they were without a doubt the greatest live rock band ever!

Http://maccaboard.Paulmccartney.Com/phpBB2/viewtopic.Php?T=91901&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Many are saying the same things on this music forum including how great and hard rocking of a live band The Beatles really were.

Http://forums.Stevehoffman.Tv/threads/beatles-live-at-the-hollywood-bowl-out-on-cd-9-9-16-vinyl-on-11-18-16.567252/page-141

I found only part of this review from The London Times,you have to have a subscription to read the whole article though,and it says in the first part of it,that it's remarkable they played as well as they did given that they couldn't hear a thing.

Http://www.Thetimes.Co.Uk/article/pop-the-beatles-live-at-the-hollywood-bowl-f9pxrkmzg

This guy says at the end of his 5 star great review which he titled,Miraculous! Of the UK edition of The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl, that The Beatles showed who the real best Rock and Roll band in the world was.

Https://www.Amazon.Com/review/R2P4H81F4NEM4Q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B003FPTDFA&cdERR=Cred&cdPage=#CustomerDiscussionsNRPB
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:00:51.400
Giles Martin,George Martin's son who recently remastered The Beatles 1964 and 1965 Live At The Hollywood Bowl concerts rightfully says on All Songs Considered when people ask him if The Beatles were a good live band,he says they were a great live band and he mentions the very limited,primitive sound systems they had back then,and says how great The Beatles played live in the studio on their first 3 or 4 albums,and that they all played their instruments very good. He obviously means they played these first several albums live because they didn't even have any overdubbing until 1965 so they had to play and record those albums live.And their first albums before the great A Hard Day's Night album were recorded on only 2 track tape,they had 4 track by A Hard Day's Night and only 8 track for The White album,Let It Be and Abbey Road.

Http://www.Npr.Org/sections/allsongs/2016/08/25/491201322/all-songs-1-the-beatles-are-live-and-sounding-better-than-ever
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:01:58.403
It's really amazing how good The Beatles sounded live with such limited primitive crappy sound systems of the time,but they were so great that they would have even sounded good playing out of of cave.

There is an online interview with Roger Daltry,Roger's Journey With The Who in The Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/sftw/607170/Rogers-journey-with-The-Who.html and he was asked if The Who had screaming girls at a certain point,and he said after Can't Explain they did. He said it was the screaming teenage era and every band had them on their way up. He said it was fun at first but the trouble for a performer when you are that young and inexperienced is that you start to judge your performances on the amount they scream,he said it's nonsense which is why Lennon gave up. He also said that The Who's manager turned their image overnight from scruffy rockers to Mods.

When The Beatles played live in 1963,64,65 & 66 they only had 100 watt amplifiers,no feedback monitors so they couldn't hear themselves sing and play,plus the screaming crowds and that's why they gave up touring.

George Harrison says in The Beatles Anthology video series,that for their August 1965 Shea Stadium concerts, special 100 watt amplifiers were made and that they went up from only 30 watts before. Given how limited and primitive the sound systems were then,it's amazing they sounded as good as they did live.But it was impossible for *anyone* to sound great on those kind of limited,primitive sound systems of the time.

Former Kiss guitarist Bob Kulick who produced the heavy metal Beatles tribute album, Butchering The Beatles, said he saw The Beatles in concert in 1966 and he said he could hear parts of Baby's In Black & Paperback Writer and they sounded amazing.

A guy Steve from Canada said on Artist Facts,that he saw The Beatles live in 1966 and The Stones in 1996(and the sound systems by then were a zillion times better!) and he said don't get me wrong,The Stones were great but they were no match for The Beatles and he called The Beatles The Greatest Band Of All Time.

The Beatles started out playing 8 hours a night in the sleazy strip clubs of Hamburg Germany,taking speed pills to stay awake,wearing tight black leather jackets and pants,smoking and cursing on stage,and had sex with so many young women groupies including the strippers in those clubs,they were successful there. They also played successfully live in The Cavern Club for several years in the early 1960's.

John and George especially hated Beatle Mania,and George says in The Anthology series, that it took a toll on their nervous systems, they had no life either trapped in hotel rooms most of the time. They wanted to be popular & successful as every band does, but they didn't want or ask for the hysteria. John says in his 1975 Tomorrow Show interview that the screaming wasn't doing the music any good,and that things would break down and nobody would know.

The Beatles sound great on their live roof top January 1969 concert in The Let It Be Film, and the sound systems had improved by then,(although still very limited compared to today's) and there were no more screaming crowds.

Paul was playing guitar and writing songs at 14 and he started soon after his beloved nurse and midwife mother Mary died of breast cancer, and he wrote the beautiful song Let It Be after he had a real seeming dream where he saw her alive again and she told him to just accept things as they are. He says in his authorized biography, that when he woke up he thought how great it was to see her alive again.

And there is this very good article by Collin Fleming from The Atlantic, 50 Years Later: The Greatest Beatles Performance Of All Time

http://www.Theatlantic.Com/entertainment/archive/2013/10/50-years-later-the-greatest-beatles-performance-of-all-time/280801/

And there used to be the full video that was removed from the UMG_MK company of The Beatles February 1964 Washington Colosseum and there were over 1,000 likes and many people were saying what Frank and Jack say to this now audio version of this concert, that it's amazing that with such cr*ppy sound systems of those days and no feedback monitors so they couldn't even hear themselves singing and playing and many said they still sound so good and great and some say this Washington concert proves what a great live band they were and before they got so tired of all of the Beatlemania garbage they had to put up with all of the screaming drowning out their great music.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=ge66-bK0E70

But I found a more recent different version of their great Washington concert,

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=Y8jc0Ng5ZQ4
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:02:59.960
In this interview with news reporter Larry Kane who interviewed The Beatles from 1964-1966 on their concert tours,and he's in Ron Howard's Beatles documentary Eight Days A week,says that he was at 46 Beatles concerts and there wasn't a bad one. He also says he thinks the film is a reminder of how good The Beatles were as musicians,and he said modern musicians will look at the puny sound equipment they had and will be amazed and that some of their concerts had their music going out on the stadium public address system.

Http://www.Bbc.Com/news/entertainment-arts-37355216
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:05:31.420
I also met two people and know a third one who saw The Beatles in concert,one woman and one man who were my high school teachers who saw them in 1966,and the other my second cousin who saw them at the Baltimore Coliseum when she was 16 in 1964,she became a psychologist.They all told me that they were close enough to them to see and hear the The Beatles and that they were great.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:06:24.897
In 2010 I read an online article that had an interview with Ernie Isley of The Isley Brothers about a recent tribute to Jimi Hendrix, in which he says that Jimi played for The Isley Brothers & lived with them & that they all watched them on The Ed Sullivan Show in February 1964. I always thought that Jimi was only a later period Beatles fan,I knew he played Sgt.Pepper live the weekend it came out,& he played Day Tripper live also,& several people on different message boards said that when he was asked where the direction of music was going,he said ask The Beatles.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:07:22.367
Hunter Davies wrote in his 1968 only authorized Beatles biography,The Beatles that George Harrison at only age 13 would stay up till 2 in the morning playing his guitar until he got all of the chords exactly right and his fingers were bleeding and his nice mother stayed up with him too. And One of The Beatles engineers Geoff Emerick says in Mark Lewisohn's excellent Beatles recording diary,The Beatles Recording Sessions that in early 1966 when The Beatles were recording John's song I'm Only Sleeping, George Harrison played backwards guitar the most difficult way possible even though he could have taken an easy way,and it took him 6 hours just to do the guitar overdubs! He then made it doubly difficult by adding even more distorted guitars and Geoff says this was all George's idea and that he did all of the playing!

Eric Clapton said in a 1992 interview when he and George were asked what they admired about each other during their Japan tour, that George is a fantastic slide guitar player. He and George were very good friends and they obviously admired and respected each others guitar playing and George played guitar on Cream's song Badge.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:09:12.863
A radio host who was a former DJ once said that The Beatles are one of the only if not only bands that almost all of their songs were great including the album tracks that weren't released as singles.

On a message board discussion some years ago about what bands and artists people consider overrated,quite a few said The Rolling Stones and some said The Beatles or both,and a guy said if you ask almost anybody in the music business they will tell you that The Beatles were the Greatest Band Ever!

I once spoke to a rock DJ about The Beatles and even though he said they aren't his favorite,he said nobody can say that The Beatles weren't great,he said especially John Lennon and Paul McCartney as song writers.

And I once spoke to another rock DJ who is a huge Beatles fan & who has hosted a 2 hour Breakfast With The Beatles radio show for over 20 years & I said that The Beatles work in the recording studio described in details in The Beatles Recording Sessions by Mark Lewisohn,is so impressive & brilliant & he said oh it's the work of geniuses. I said how can anyone not recognize what extraordinary singer song composers John Lennon & Paul McCartney were? And he said oh you can ask anyone in the music business & they will tell you that.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:10:51.767
As The Rolling Stone Album Guide said, not liking The Beatles is as perverse as not liking the sun. And Ozzy Osbourne( he's been a huge Beatles fan he was 15 when he first heard She Loves You on his transistor radio in 1963 from The Beatles early days,and he picked She Loves You as one of Rolling Stone Magazine's greatest songs of all time,and Sgt.Pepper is one of his favorite albums) said not loving The Beatles is like not loving oxygen. And a guy who runs Keno's Classic Rock n Roll Site and who runs a Rolling Stones and John Lennon fan site says in his review of The Beatles 1967-1970 Blue Album damn The Beatles were one great group and he said in his great review of The Beatles 1962-1966 Red album, that if you don't love or at least like The Beatles and their music then you are not a true rock fan and more than likely will never ever get it.

He also says that John Lennon showed on Paul's rocker Get Back why he should have played lead guitar more often because he did such a good job of it. He also said he played a pretty good slide guitar on George's For Your Blue and he said John also played one of the first and best acid guitar parts on his great rocker Revolution.

And around 2005 a guy ignorantly called The early Beatles a boy band when discussing their early live concerts and Ken said to him,Oh hogwash!

Http://www.Keno.Org/classic_rock/rock_albums_reviews.Html
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:11:47.927
The Beatles even in their early days were writing and playing on records as well in concerts,both love ballads,and great rocking rock n roll and pop rock songs that they both wrote and cover songs including their great rocking performances in Sweden where the audience was quiet during their performances.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?List=RDAJczmuZ-OeU&v=EWFOO9CWfUQ

They were the greatest *rock* band ever! (NEVER A G*d dam*ed stupid,uncool,untalented boy band as so many ignorant morons misperceive them as!) And I have always loved this great blues rocker by Paul,She's A Woman.

Except live there isn't the piano,blending with the great rocking guitars,Paul's great prominent booming bass,and his great rock vocal! And once again it's amazing how good they sound on such limited,primitive sound systems of the time and with no feedback monitors so they couldn't even hear themselves singing and playing,yet they still played and sang great and in sync with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNgLiPyuCY

Here is their great April 1965 New Music Express Winner's Poll concert from April 11,1965.They won three years in a row.And notice that there are men and women of ages in the audience.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=COSSsu1GSCk

Here they performed Paul's great rocking I Saw Her Standing There in Sweden in October 1963 which The Beatles recorded in February 1963 on their first album Please Please Me which was recorded in just one day.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=rkySom9bTfM

The Beatles performing their rocking cover of Long Tall Sally with Paul's great rocking vocal June 1964.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=eiXtk296YmE

Here in 1964 June in Melbourne Australia they are playing John's great rock song that they had recorded in February 1964 on their first great early album A Hard Day's Night.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=y8Dpt7TI9q0

And here they performed Paul's very good hard rocking,especially for early 1965,I'm Down at The Ed Sulivian Theater August 14,1965 one night before their live Shea Stadium performance.

Https://vimeo.Com/133531241

Here is their even harder rocking performance at Shea Stadium on August 15,1965 than they did on their record version of Paul's I'm Down. And they did what a great rock n roll band would do,they ended this rock n roll concert with this rocking song.

Https://vimeo.Com/146526352

Here they performed a rocking cover of Dizzy Miss Lizzy with John's great rock vocal,at the same She Stadium concert.

Https://vimeo.Com/14652584

Here is another great rocking Beatles performance of the cover Twist and Shout in June 1964 in Melbourne Australia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdIzcm95NCM

And what a huge disgusting insult to all of them as very talented musicians,and to John and Paul as extremely talented song composers and great singers,and to John Lennon's memory and was never the founder and leader of some stupid,uncool,untalented boy band! And I'm certain that if John were still living he would come on youtube and other message boards and say I was *never* the founder and leader of any f*cking stupid,uncool,untalented boy band get that through your stupid f*cking heads!

If Beethoven,Mozart and Bach had screaming teenage girls in their audiences and they formed a band together they would have been a boy band too right?
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:15:19.027
Also, Not only did The Beatles give The Rolling Stones one of their first hits with their rock n roll song I Wanna Be Your Man in 1963,and they wrote it right in front of them and Keith Richards and Mick Jagger were impressed and like wow how can you write a song just like that and it motivated them to start writing their own songs and from then on The Rolling Stones were good friends with and fans of The Beatles.

Mick Jagger was at 4 Beatles recording sessions and Keith Richards was at 2 of them with him.Also Mick Jagger was such a big Beatles fan that in May 1967 when The Beatles were recording their song Baby You're A Rich Man he came there and stood on the sidelines to watch and listen to them recording it. His name is also on the tape box and he likely sang at the end verses.In Mark Lewishon's great detailed music diary book, The Beatles Recording Sessions there is a big black and white picture of Mick Jagger sitting in between John and Paul in the recording console room during The Beatles Revolver recording sessions too.

The Beatles remastered albums sold much more 40 years after their break up than The Rolling Stones remastered albums and they are still together! The Beatles have the best selling album of the last decade with their CD 1.And soon after their music went on iTunes,it went to the top.

And Brian Jones played the saxophone on the strange Beatles song, You Know My Name Look Up The Number and he and Mick Jagger's girlfriend at the time Marianne Faithful contributed sound effects on the song Yellow Submarine.

As this guy Sal66 who is also a musician and has also posted on sites debunking ignorant cr*p about The Beatles has rightfully pointed out, The Beatles wrote,played and recorded I Feel Fine (which The All Music Guide says has brilliant,active ,difficult guitar leads and riffs) in the Fall of 1964 which was the first use of feedback guitar on a pop rock record and it also had a prominent guitar riff throughout this very good song almost a year *before* The Rolling Stones's Satisfaction came out.

And on John's great Norwegian Wood recorded in the Fall of 1965,George Harrison was the first to play a sitar on a pop rock song and it was released on their great album Rubber Soul in December and then in May 1966 The Rolling Stones song Paint It Black came out with Brian Jones playing a sitar.

And in Paul McCartney's authorized biography Many Years From Now, Mick Jagger's former girlfriend singer Marianne Faithful says that she and Mick used to go over to Paul's house a lot and hang out in his music room. She said he never went to see them at their house they always went to visit him because he was Paul McCartney.She also said that Mick was intimidated by Paul but that Paul was totally oblivious to this.

Paul also says in this book that he turned Mick on to pot in his music room and he said which is funny because a lot of people would assume it was the other way around. Mick Jagger was also with The Beatles in Bangor when they got the call that Brian Epstein was found dead because he went on the train with them with his then girl friend singer Marianne Faithful to see the Maharishi to study meditation that weekend.

Also Mick Jagger is quoted on a Rolling Stones fan site,Time Is On Our Side saying that Keith Richards liked The Beatles because he was quite interested in their chord sequences and he says he also liked their harmonies which he said were always a slight problem for The Rolling Stones.He said Keith always tried to get the harmonies off the ground but they always seemed messy.Mick then says,that what they never really got together were Keith and Brian singing backup vocals and he said it didn't work because Keith was a better singer and to keep going,oooh,ooh,ooh(he laughs) and he said Brian liked all of those oohs which Keith had to put up with.He also said Keith was capable of much stronger vocals than ooh,ooh,ooh.

On this same fan site Keith Richards is quoted from 1971 saying that The Beatles were perfect for opening doors,when they went to America they left it wide open for them and he said that The Rolling Stones could never have gone to America without them.He also said that The Beatles are so f**king good at what they did.

Http://www.Rollingstone.Com/music/news/keith-richards-the-rolling-stone-interview-19710819
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:16:46.247
Here are The Rolling Stones live in 1963 and 1964 they don't sound better or even as good as The Beatles live then! They aren't even rocking.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=NV62UcqbcQA

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=Wfj1O_fApvA

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=KV241mctbg0

Here is The Rolling Stones in 1963 performing the cover Roll Over Beethoven.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=64GbValI_To

Here are The Beatles also performing Roll Over Beethoven in 1964,and clearly their version is more rocking and better!

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=0rLci6tPOtY
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:19:39.030
In 1964 The Rolling Stones wrote and recorded a Rice Krispies TV commercial jingle not something cool like a cigarette ad and they also had teen girls screaming at their early concerts.Maybe The Rolling Stones should be called a boy band too.I'm pretty certain The Beatles never wrote and recorded a jingle for a cereal TV commercial.But it's obvious that The Rolling Stones did this for the same reasons The Beatles went along with the fake cleaned up image their manager Brian Epstein created,to get their foot in the door after working their a*ses off playing for years.

Http://www.Snopes.Com/the-rolling-stones-rice-krispies-jingle/

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=nZBmhEMFdl0
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:20:29.810
Here is The Rolling Stones performing one of my favorite songs by them,Street Fighting Man the music is great in it,although the words are very good too, while most of the comments are positive,there is a guy in the comments who said it's a weak performance and they sound like a high school cover band.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=NHugEELD8o8
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:21:41.180
Here is part of The Beatles great January 1969 roof top concert. What Steve Paradiso says in the comments,That The Beatles were arguably The Greatest Rock n Roll Band Ever is *so true!*

https://vimeo.Com/95681569
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:23:38.647
My first cousin who is a head hunter helping people find jobs,she used to an accountant,and when she was 21 a huge Rolling Stones fan she also had The Beatles Revolver album in her bedroom.

When The Rolling Stones did their Steel Wheels tour in 1989 I asked her if she still liked The Rolling Stones and she said no,but the same year at her wedding shower my male and female cousins were talking about The Beatles who we all love,and my cousin said Oh I love The Beatles.

And when I was going to Paul McCartney live for the first time in 1990 and I was very excited about it,I was going on about how great he,John and The Beatles were and she said OK,I said you said you love The Beatles too and she said hey bottom line they were geniuses!
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:24:52.937
In this 2008 interview asking Keith Richards who the five greatest bands ever are besides The Rolling Stones,he said obviously he put The Beatles in there. This was 6 years of course before he ridiculously criticized The Beatles brilliant Sgt.Pepper album that The Rolling Stones tried but failed to copy and equal.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=zNKckhYqNBk
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:26:49.997
Keith Richards holds a I Love The Beatles Sign

https://s-media-cache-ak0.Pinimg.Com/736x/d2/2e/2d/d22e2ddd2a45b388abc093fc2775844a.Jpg
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:28:13.957
And I have been a huge Beatles fan, especially a big highly impressed John and Paul fan since I was 11 and I got my first Beatles book for my 11th birthday,I started collecting their albums at age 9, and I had every album by age 13. I was born after 1964 too. When I was 13 a guy at school who was 2 years older than me,gave me Hunter Davies authorized biography,he was a fan and his older brother was an even bigger fan.I would read that book for hours till 5 in the morning.

My father was a big Bob Dylan fan and he had a lot of his albums,and he also had many Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass albums,and albums by Leonard Cohen and Peter Paul and Mary when I was growing up. And my sister who is 4 years older had a big music collection of all different types of music artists.

Most people I have known all of my life,including my female and male cousins, friends and neighbors know they were brilliant.When I was 11 I had a music teacher who asked us to guess who he was talking about when he said they were geniuses and that they wrote 200 songs,and that most of their songs and albums are great and critically acclaimed in just an 8 year recording career,and I said,The Beatles and he said yes that's right!
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:29:40.910
Not only is this so ignorant,ridiculous,and false on a creative and musical level,but on their personal level too. I guarantee true genuine boy bands don't have groupies.

The Beatles had sex with *tons* of young women groupies,many who were just teen girls especially during their touring years of 1963-1966 ironically they did this the most during the joke fake cleaned up image Brian Epstein created for them in their early days.In reality they were like pimps playing the part of priests! It's no coincidence that in The Beatles Anthology video series that Paul,George and Ringo made,the story that is reported of The Beatles being thrown out of a US hotel in August 1965 because Paul was found in his hotel bedroom with an underage girl, that is included in the first great Beatles documentary from 1982 The Complete Beatles which none of them had any involvement making,is completely left out of The Beatles Anthology.

Paul McCartney also said in Hunter Davies 1968 first edition of the only authorized great Beatles biography called,The Beatles, that he had sex at age 15 with a girl who was older and bigger than him,and most 15 year old boys weren't having sex in 1957,and he said he bragged about it to his classmates the next day and that he was the first one in his class to have sex.Paul also said in this book,that he would go into strip clubs at only 13 and he was the lad in his class that drew nude women.He also got another girl who was his girl friend,pregnant when he was 17 and she was 16,and Paul's father and her parents wanted them to get married but she had a miscarriage.

Hunter Davies says in his 1985 update of his Beatles biography, that The Beatles were no different from any other rock band when it came to groupies and he said they just had more to chose from. He said it was up to the road manager to say to these young women,you,you and you 5 minutes later which is really sexist and disgusting but it's totally typical for every rock band which is what they always were.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:31:34.090
Brian May says The Beatles were Queen's bible.

Http://beatlessongwriting.Blogspot.Co.Uk/2012/01/under-influence-brian-may.Html#comment-form[/url]

Many well known musicians say how influenced they are by The Beatles.

Http://beatlessongwriting.Blogspot.Co.Uk/2016/10/the-night-that-changed-american-music.Html

11 Musicians Influenced By The Beatles

http://www.Rockcellarmagazine.Com/2014/02/04/top-11-musicians-influenced-by-the-beatles-50th-anniversary/#sthash.Na2BTdhg.Dpbs[/url]
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:33:16.317
British classical composer Howard Goodall's Beatles series From the TV special 20th Century Greats

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=ZQS91wVdvYc

The Beatles - a musical appreciation and analysis - by composer, Howard Goodall CBE

www.Youtube.Com

(c) 2004 Channel Four: The Beatles - 20th Century Greats UPDATE: here's John Lennon on George Martin's influence in a 1975 BBC interview with "whispering" Bob Harris ...
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:34:49.963

www.Youtube.Com

Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:35:13.270

www.Youtube.Com

Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:36:57.837
I didn't mean to get a double post there was something wrong with your site so I had to post again.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:37:41.907
I really didn't want to link to this article because unfortunately it says it appeared in Penthouse, the sexist,woman-hating,degrading and violent pornographic magazine in 1984,but I can't find the full interview anywhere else.

This is a great interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono at The St.Regis Hotel in September 1971. And Yoko was asked if she knew about what really went on during The Beatles tours,and she says she had thought that he's an artist I'm sure he has had a few affairs, and she said she was really shocked and she said Oh God! When John told her the whole story about what he called all of the raving that went on their tours,Yoko said she had never heard the word groupie before.And Yoko was no innocent either,John was her third husband,she had a daughter with her second husband,and she had quite a few affairs and even abortions in the 1960's.

John is also asked if playing 8 hours a night from 1960-1962 as The Beatles did in Hamburg Germany improved their playing and he said oh amazingly because before that they had only played bits and pieces but in hamburg they played for hours and hours and hours together and that's how they developed their rock n roll sound and playing.He also mentions how they took (meaning speed pills) to stay awake playing so long.

Http://www.Beatlesinterviews.Org/db1971.0905.Beatles.Html
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:38:51.077
Paul McCartney is the Mozart of rock and he really was born this way because he inherited his father Jim McCartney's and Jim's father's natural music talent,to a rare ridiculous extreme degree. Paul's father Jim taught himself how to play the piano at age 14,and he broke an ear drum at the age of 10 so he was deaf in one ear,and he went on to become a classical jazz pianist and the leader of his own jazz band Jim Mac's Band who were popular in clubs in Liverpool. His father even wrote an instrumental song called,walking In The Park With Eloise which Paul recorded with the name The Country Hams in 1974 and included this song on their 1976 Wings album,Wings At The Speed Of Sound. But his father and grandfather weren't poets,they were naturally musically talented and Paul has always been more of a *music genius* than a lyric genius even though he can and has written very good lyrics,but he doesn't have to.And even when he did it's his *music* that is what is so great about his songs and albums. Paul's father's father,also played brass and other instruments in a band and was a good singer with a good singing voice so that must be where also got his once great singing voice for rock,love songs and everything in between. Paul has been in The Guinness Book Of World Records since 1979 as the most successful song writer of all time,Paul was also given an honorary doctorate in music from Sussex University in 1988,and another one from Yale University in 2008.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:40:00.963
Paul's 1975 Venus & Mars Wings album is a great rock album and out of the majority of great reviews on amazon.Com it gets a well deserved 5 stars out of over 100 reviews for this album. This is one of the *GREATEST* solo/Wings Paul albums he ever did! It's great and it's Beatles quality because every song is very good & if anyone wants to know what a true music genius Paul really is,just listen to the *music* in the great Letting Go.

My mother only liked classical music,Beethoven,Bach & Mozart,no rock & she played their music on the piano.When I was playing this album and she came into the room when Letting Go was on,she asked me is that Paul McCartney and I said yes and she said Oh that music is brilliant,he's a music genius like Beethoven! My mother was also a talented artist who sculpted,and drew with charcoal pencils and pastels, and she even sold some of her sculptures at a few local galleries.

And my sister who is 4 years older than me and had a big diverse music collection since she was a mid teen,bought Venus and Mars when it came out,and I remember listening to it with her,and her friend and my best friend and we all loved it. My sister still says years later that Venus and Mars is one of the best rock albums she ever heard and that it's unique and she knows no album like it. She always said his 1971 Ram album was a very good album too,although I like this album much better and I really don't understand all of the love everywhere for his Ram album I think it only has 3 great songs on it, the great rocker Too Many People,Uncle Albert and Back Seat of My Car. Paul's best post Beatles sounding music was from 1970-1975,with this being his last true great album.After this he wrote some good music but he never wrote the same great quality music again for some reason.

His first solo album McCartney where he played every instrument by himself (and he played them all great) is very good,Red Rose Speedway and Band On The Run are very good albums too,and he produced all of these great albums by himself and co-arranged the music on Venus and Mars by himself.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:40:55.237
And John Lennon wrote this beautiful,brilliant song with beautiful music and John's typical beautiful singing voice, Number 9 Dream on his very good 1974 solo album,Walls And Bridges and he produced and arranged the whole album by himself including this beautiful,brilliant song!

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=nq2aaUp3hYc
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:41:35.593
Rate Your Music Top 1000 Rock Artists Queen is number 75,The Beatles are so rightfully number 1

http://rateyourmusic.Com/list/noname219/top_1000_rock_artists/10/

And on the site Digital Dreamdoor where many musicians are members The Beatles are the number 1 Greatest Rock Artists.

Http://digitaldreamdoor.Com/pages/best_artistsddd.Html

On their 100 Greatest Rock Bass Guitarists Paul McCartney has been number 8 for many years now, John Deacon is number 32.John Paul Jones is number 27,and Bill Wyman is number 95.

Http://digitaldreamdoor.Com/pages/best_bassguitar.Html

Out over 100 Greatest Rock Drummers Ringo Star is number 13,Roger Taylor is number 31 and Charlie Watts is number 91..

Http://digitaldreamdoor.Com/pages/best_drummers.Html

Out of 200 Greatest Rock Song Writers John Lennon and Paul McCartney are of course number 1 members of Queen are number 47.

Http://digitaldreamdoor.Com/pages/best_songwriters.Html
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:42:17.573
On Last FM. Before Last FM. Changed their site and now they unfortunately took off the fan groups,The Rolling Stones only had 80 members and they had 2,000 of their fan group in 2007,The Beatles had over 2,000 which became 18,000 and the average age of fans is 22 more guys than girls and they are from all over the world. In 2006,2007 and 2008 The Beatles were the # 1 most listened music artists on Last.FM and they are very popular on YouTube and Rate Your Music where many male and female fans in their teens and 20's call them The Greatest Rock Band Ever. They are now the number 1 classic Rock band on there

http://www.last.fm/tag/classic+rock/artists and on Rate Your Music,they are the highest rated music artists out of over

3,000.Http://rateyourmusic.Com/list/noname219/top_artists/

The Beatles are still rightfully regarded by most people,most rock critics,and many other music and rock artists as The most creative,innovative,and prolific rock band ever.And they are also the most covered music artists ever,by every type of musicians,jazz,classical Motown and even Bob Kulick of Kiss made a heavy metal tribute Beatles album called,Butchering The Beatles.

In 1995 25 years after they broke up their Anthology CD's went straight to # 1 around the world and I heard a rock DJ say that 40% of the people buying them were teenagers,the same exact thing when their 1 CD came out in 2000 30 years after they broke,up and in 2009,39 years after they broke up,they were the second biggest selling artists in the last decade,and their 1 CD was the biggest selling album. And their music went to the top soon after it went on iTunes.And soon after their music started streaming on Spotify it became very popular and Billboard reported that 65% of listeners are under 34 years old which means they weren't even born when they broke up in 1970.

The Beatles wrote *plenty* of great rock songs including hard rock on The White Album and Abbey Road and as many have rightfully pointed out Paul invented heavy metal with his 1968 song Helter Skelter and people have also said John's I Want You She's So Heavy on Abbey road was also one of the first heavy metal songs.

Even in their early days they wrote some great rockers that were very rocky for the times, as The All Music Guide said,in their very good review of Past Masters Volume 1 that they proved they could rock really really hard,with John's I Feel Fine from late 1964 which featured the very recorded feedback guitar on a rock song,and Paul's great blues rocker,She's A Woman also from late 1964,and what they called the peerless I'm Down which is Paul's screaming rocker from mid 1965 which they performed even harder rocking, and screaming in August 1965 at Shea Stadium.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/past-masters-mw0000691313

Also John's You Can't Do That from early 1964,is a great rock song, so is Day Tripper,Paperback Writer, And You're Bird Can Sing,Oh Darling,Hey Bulldog, She Said She Said,Taxman, Revolution,Get Back,Come Together etc
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:42:46.840
And The Beatles do need defending because there truly is so much ignorant,inaccurate myths about them,the most ignorant and ludicrous of all,is that they were ever a boy band and they never were not even for half of a second.

Here is a review of The Beatles first album,Please Please Me by a top Epionions music reviewer Scapp70 he says they need defending and he said that he had been reading some really negative things about The Beatles in print and online,and he said it's just so wild.He said but when you're as big as The Beatles there is bound to be some negativity out there. He explains how brilliant they were and that they were fine musicians,amazing song writers and forward thinkers, and how they made an amazing amount of great albums in such a short time and why they are rightfully widely considered the best band ever.

Http://www.Epinions.Com/review/musc_mu-81434/2001989951/227863793284
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:43:54.200
The Rolling Stones also wrote quite a few soft sentimental pop kind of songs,Lady Jane,As Tears Go By,Ruby Tuesday,Angie,Wild Horses,Waiting On A Friend,Happy etc and the 2 dreadful disco imitations,Miss You and Emotional Rescue. At least when Paul McCartney did a disco like song,Good Night tonight it was good interesting sounding music!
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:44:45.273
This is a great August 1986 hour long Paul McCartney interview by Barbara Howar from Entertainment This Week. She asked him a lot of great intelligent questions including how he felt about John Lennon's horrible,tragic murder and she got a rare great interview out of him and he comes across as very likeable intelligent,funny,serious and charming. This is really the best interview with Paul that I have ever seen or heard.She also talked to him about his drug arrests and all of drug related songs of The Beatles and his time in jail in Japan because of having tons of pot with him and she asked him after having so many groupies how has he managed to stat faithful to one woman,and he only half jokingly says it hasn't been easy.And in between commercials Lionel Richie and David lee Roth talk about how great The Beatles,especially John and Paul were as song writers.

I still have this interview on an old VHS tape from the time. It's not on youtube though for some reason. Unfortunately it gets interrupted by advertisements but then the interview resumes.But I just watched it again and there were no commercials now, I hope they don't include them again. Paul also says in this interview that soon after John died Yoko called him up and told Paul that John really loved him. Notice how uncomfortable Paul's face expression is for about a minute in this great August 1986 hour long Paul McCartney interview by Barbara Howar from Entertainment This Week when she says to him,probably your first great love before you married Linda was Jane Asher, it struck a chord.I'm sure that Paul was really in love with intelligent beautiful British actress Jane too,you don't write the beautiful love songs such as And I Love Her,Things We Said Today, and Here There Everywhere,(plus the great songs he wrote about his arguments with her,which was his own fault because of his sexism constantly trying to get Jane to give up her acting career she loved so much and that she had been doing since she was 5 years old.She left him for good when in early 1968 after they had been lovers for 5 years and engaged to be married for 7 months,she found him in their bed in their house with another woman.

Http://www.Dailymotion.Com/video/x3qtunj
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:49:07.493
Brian Wilson has always said that he made the Pet sounds album because he was blown away by The Beatles brilliant folk rock album Rubber Soul after he heard it for the first time.

Http://smileysmile.Net/board/index.Php?Topic=9547.0;wap2

In this 2011 interview Brian Wilson

says that he thinks Rubber Soul is better than Pet Sounds and he calls rubber Soul the best album ever.

Http://www.Nme.Com/news/music/the-beach-boys-35-1286165
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:49:43.890
Here is a very good 2011 amazon.Com customer discussion where quite a few posters especially DK Pete do a very good job debunking this totally ignorant nonsense calling The Beatles a boy band,after a moron started this (unfortunately common) discussion,The Beatles Were The First Boy Band!

Https://www.Amazon.Com/forum/music/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg2?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1YA4ZE83NG9MC&cdMessage=Mx2NYHBEJWD1BW6&cdPage=2&cdThread=TxHMCJDLBBOKZR
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:50:15.057
Even in this 2011 discussion asking this totally stupid,ignorant,ludicrous question if The Beatles were a boy band,people who said they aren't even Beatles fans know it's absolute nonsense to call them a boy band,and as one of the fans said,The Beatles are the most talented,forward thinking bands and to call them a boy band is a complete insult to The Beatles.Another said they do have a problem with them being called this,because they are nothing like boy bands musically and it's derogatory.

Http://forums.Digitalspy.Co.Uk/showthread.Php?T=1480330&page=3
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:51:27.770
The Beatles: Here, There And Everywhere Coming Soon

November 11, 2009

The Beatles

(c) Apple Corps. Ltd. 2009

Coming later this month from Apple Corps Ltd. And EMI Music, The Beatles: Here, There And Everywhere is a three-part radio series celebrating of the best selling group of the 21st Century in America - The Beatles! Syndicated in conjuction with FMQB Productions, Here, There And Everywhere is the only Beatles special officially sanctioned by the Fab Four's label, Apple Corps.

The series features The Beatles' digitally remastered recordings and exclusive new interviews with a variety of artists and producers as they reveal the influence of The Beatles on their individual careers. Listeners will be treated to stories from Brian Wilson, Tom Petty, Dave Grohl, Slash, Jeff Lynne, Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson, Peter Asher, Jackson Browne, Bob Seger, T-Bone Burnett, Cameron Crowe, Mika, Mark Ronson, Susan Werner, Rick Rubin and Joe Boyd.

The Beatles: Here, There And Everywhere is available to run from 11/27/09 - 1/3/10, making it the perfect program for radio stations looking to fill time during the holiday season. Interested radio stations should contact their FMQB rep for details.

Written and produced by Kevin Howlett, each of the three 48-minute installments of The Beatles: Here, There And Everywhere take a different thematic approach:

Part One: Meet The Beatles!

The interviewees recorded exclusively for this series reveal the impact made upon them by The Beatles’ records from throughout their career. We hear Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, Tom Petty, film director Cameron Crowe and Ann & Nancy Wilson (of Heart) talking about their first-hand experience of The Beatles’ phenomenal 1964 breakthrough in the United States. Dave Grohl, Mark Ronson and Slash discuss the enduring influence of albums such as Rubber Soul, Revolver and Abbey Road.

Part Two: Ask Me Why

The interviewees focus on the various elements within the group that combined to make The Beatles so musically powerful: their strengths as performers - both instrumentally and vocally - plus the brilliance of John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison as songwriters.
Part Three: The Beatles On The Record

We hear how The Beatles’ music was captured on record with the help of innovative arrangements and adventurous production by George Martin. Some of today’s leading record producers - Peter Asher, Joe Boyd, T-Bone Burnett, Jeff Lynne, Mark Ronson and Rick Rubin - marvel at the dazzling creativity evident in recordings made more than 40 years ago.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:52:38.063
Rate Your Music Users Who Think Led Zeppelin Are Painfully Overrated

http://rateyourmusic.Com/list/finulanu/users_who_think_led_zeppelin_are_painfully_overrated/

This Band Is Everything That Is WRONG With Music, a Rate Your Music Site moderator,Benimal only says Led Zeppelin is the worst.

Https://rateyourmusic.Com/board_message?Message_id=4217944&board_id=1&show=20&start=20
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:53:10.980
I have found a lot of people on music forums who hate or don't like Led Zeppelin even some on heavy metal forums. And even some people who for some puzzling reason like their music,say they can't stand Robert Plant's awful screeching,screaming and whaling vocals.

The Boston Globe has an online article from March 2009,called I Confess I Don’t Like… written by all of their music critics and Luke O’Neil wrote that when people talk of classic bands they don’t like they’re really speaking in coded language.He said for example “I don’t like The Beatles.” is the same as saying,”I’m a liar” he said but when I say I don’t like Led Zeppelin there’s no subtext. He then says a lot of it has to do with Robert Plant’s fiendish helium-powered caterwauling. He says he tends to prefer bands with vocalists not police sirens in tight pants.He also said the lyrics which run the gamut unimaginative doggerel to too-imaginative fantasy goofs don’t help.

He then says sure they inspired a lot of great bands,but should we not then hold them accountable for the thousands of downright awful imitators they’ve inspired? Remember that whole hair metal thing in the 80’s? He says who do you think put the bustle in those dudes hedgerow? And grunge? He says that was basically goateed Led Zeppelin on Smack.

Http://www.Boston.Com/ae/music/gallery/we_should?Pg=10

Rock music critic John Mendelson never liked Led Zeppelin either.

Van Halen in the late 70's early-mid 80's with David Lee Roth sounded a million times better! So do the Who,The Rolling Stones,The Eagles,etc and The Beatles are a zillion times better.
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:53:48.810
In this Music discussion Most Underrated/Overrated Artists on the site Music Banter this guy Urban HatCmonger who even likes hard rock and heavy metal music said the first most overrated is Led Zeppelin and said in parenthesis, bombastic c*ck rock and nothing else.

Http://www.Musicbanter.Com/general-music/24422-most-underrated-overrated-artists-8.Html
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T02:57:54.807
Here in this interview with Norman Smith one of The Beatles engineers up until their late 1965 brilliant album Rubber Soul,he went on to produce Pink Floyd ( who asked their producer George Martin if they could visit The Beatles when they were recording on their great Sgt.Pepper album,and they did) he says he couldn't exactly call Pink Floyd's music music after working with The Beatles and says how melodic their music was,but he can't say the same about the majority of Pink Floyd's music.Norman also says what one of their other recording engineers Geoff Emerick said in his book, that Paul McCartney was often the arranger and producer of Beatles recordings.

Http://www.Soundonsound.Com/people/norman-smith-beatles-first-engineer
Topazthecat says2017-06-10T03:04:45.227
And to the guy who ignorantly said that George Martin had everything to do with Paul's beautiful song Yesterday,and most of the great music in John and Paul's brilliant a Day In The Life,well George Martin said years ago that he loved the part in Yesterday where the cello groans and he wished that he had thought of this himself,was all 22 year old Paul McCartney's idea. Paul McCartney wrote most of the great music in a Day In The Life including the notes rising and then crashing down on the piano and he also at only 24 years old co-conducted the British Philharmonic orchestra with George Martin