Are the L. Ron Hubbard books representative of a wise philosophy?

• Hubbad Books were very wise philosophically.

I do agree that L. Ron Hubbard was a very good philosopher, whether he was traditionally trained or not. He had a lot of brilliant ideas, many of which are still followed to this day by many people. We need more minds like that of L. Ron Hubbard. If nothing else, it gets people thinking.

• Church of Scientology

Yes, the books that he wrote were representative of a wise philosophy that he later exposed to be called the Church of Scientology. He founded this new church, and if you read his pulp fiction novels will you see a lot of his ideas put into them, that later were used in the church.

• No, Scientology is a scam.

L. Ron Hubbard's books on "dianetics" aren't based on any real science or theory. He invented a religion to make money, and I feel sorry for anyone that follows it. I think many lives have been ruined because of him. There's so many documentaries and books that expose both Scientology and the dianetics as a fraud. It's hard to understand how anyone could follow his philosophy.

• L. Ron Hubbard

I do not believe L. Ron Hubbard books are representative of a wise philosophy. I believe L. Ron Hubbard wrote some very daring fiction, but he made a huge mistake when tried to turn that fiction into a religion and that mistake has followed us ever since. I do not believe wise and L. Ron Hubbard should be used in the same sentence.

• They are mid tier scifi

Hubbard was a solid writer for his time, and, while there are many writers today that are actually far better, and much of what he wrote would be cliche for today, for his time, he was a fairly mid tier writer if not actually original, and his books shouldn't be learning manuals.