Are the Muslim women who saved non-Muslims from a terrorist attack heroes?

• Anyone who saves lives should be considered a hero

Absolutely the Muslim women who saved non-Muslims from a terrorist attack are heroes! Why wouldn't they be? Anyone who saves lives is someone I would consider to be a hero. The religious preference of either the person who did the saving or the people who were saved really should have no relevance on whether or not the person should be considered a hero.

• Heroes are people who save lives from terrorist attacks.

In my opinion, it matters not what religious affiliation these women are, but rather, their willingness to recognize that humanity as a collective, is related and worth saving. I agree that these women are heroes for their willingness to put their own lives on the line to save other human beings who may or may not practice their cultural upbringing.

• Sure, I guess.

Anyone who saves anyone else from death or injury is a hero. Why even bring race or religion into this? The question should be: Are the women who saved those people from a terrorist attack heroes? The answer is yes. The fact you had to bring religion into it shows how closed minded some people are.

• Of course they are

The Muslim women who saved non-Muslims from a terrorist attack are definitely heroes. Anyone who is willing to save other people should be considered a hero. It should not matter if the person who saves the other person is Muslim or Christian. We should recognize heroic acts as heroic acts.