Are the North Miami police involved in a cover up about the shooting of an unarmed man that took place earlier this week?

• Confusing Police Reports Cause Consternation

Claim is made that shooting victim was not target. However victim was handcuffed. This act reduces credibility of police statements. Also the skills of the officer and his statements immediately after the shooting and the statement made to other officers that he did not know why he shot the victim reduce his credibility.

There is also the delay in reporting the assault which is suspicious.

Right now I'd like to see some up to date reporting on the topic.

• Yes, they are.

There are many suspicious things about the official account of the shooting.g First of all, there is no way that the officer was trying to shoot the autistic man. A person who is that bad of a shot would not be on the police force for very long or very successfully.

• I don't believe the Miami police are in somekind of cover up. Its possible but not likely.

While its always possible that some kind of cover up happened involving the Miami police there is a bigger chance that there was no cover up and that it is some kind of media hype or some kind of rumor going around. We should always assume innocent until proven guilty. Especially in these types of things.

• People are looking for controversy.

No, I don't think that the North Miami police are involved in a coverup. I think that people are just wanting controversy and expecting and thinking the worst of policemen right now. There have been a couple of shootings that were terrible, but that doesn't mean that every policeman is awful and just waiting to shoot someone and cover it up.

• We need all the facts.

I think it's irresponsible to say that the police are involved in a cover up without knowing all the facts. I don't think it's possible for an average citizen to know all the facts without an independent inquiry taking place and the findings being published. It's best not to throw accusations like these around without concrete proof.