Are the Percy Jackson books better than the Harry Potter ones?

Asked by: ABCD.E
  • Percy Jackson is I think the better option to read first, at it is coming from his point of view and is based on history

Don't get me wrong I ADORE Hp but I just think that pj has more humour, characters and the adventures that they have is not " he saves the day the end" story. Heroes of Olympus following the pj series introduces more characters as well as the original, so in my opinion, pj is better. But there's no need to diss the books

• Percy Jackson IS BETTER

Why would you think PJO fans don't read Harry Potter? I don't read it as often, that's all. In my opinion, Percy Jackson ALWAYS WINS! Don't get me wrong, Harry Potter is a great series. But Percy Jackson blends with reality. You understand everything that's happening. In Harry Potter, there are several questions I need to know the answers to!! Percy Jackson also has more twists. The only point for Harry Potter I'm giving is that the movies are much better. Besides, Ricks other books blend with Percy Jackson too. It all links. Harry Potter? There are less books, and less links. Perc Jackson any day

• Harry Potter is of course way better.

I can't prove this but I think Rick Riordan had some inspiration when writing the book. Copycat. J.K Rowling wrote the HP books in such a ......MAGICAl and WONDERFUL way Rick Riordan could never had have. Trust, me I know. I read both books. Why do I have a feeling that the PJ fans never read the HP books? Well, I read BOTH. And Harry Potter is better.

• Harry Potter is better

Harry Potter books have more details and intense situations. Percy Jackson, on the other hand, inasmuch a fortold future. In Percy Jackson, you’ll always know that you’d beat the villain. And then in the next series there’s will be another villain they defeat. There is no reason to read all the Percy Jackson series if there is barely any drama. Harry Potter has more drama and has an unpredictable future. Therefore Harry Potter books are better.

• The relatability of the characters and readability.

I'll admit, I haven't read the Harry Potter series in seven years, ever since I was in second grade. Honestly, I could not understand Rowling's book at all because it was too proper and I couldn't find myself relating with them. Riordan's characters are super realistic and their struggles are easier to relate with, and I think Percy, Annabeth, Piper, and Leo are the most easy to understand because many, many people can understand why they are how they are. I can't exactly argue against Harry Potter, though, and I won't, because both series are absolutely amazing.

• In my opinion yes they are

Harry Potter was a good series for the first 3 books in my opinion but then J.K. Started milking the series there is now even a novel set in the universe 19 years later with Harry's son which i believe in completely unnecessary. Yes, the Percy Jackson books may have 5 books in the series but once Percy Jackson's story was done they didn't touch it anymore he is now a supporting character in the Heroes of Olympus

• Harry Potter is of course way better.

• Harry Potter is better

• Harry Potter has way more suspence, emotion and detail

I think both are good but sometimes the way Rick writes is confusing and not clear at all but the Harry Potter books always make you think one guy is the bad but then has a sudden surprise.
    In Harry Potter the relationship as friends break apart normally then come back again but in Percy Jackson they need a spell or an real big fight or suspicion
    Harry Potter in way more detailed and I can support that because I always have search up the mythical creatures but J.K Rowing describes it so well that the image just comes to my mind.

• I don't think so.

J.K. Rowling wrote these books with the sole intent of entertainment. These stories were articulated well, and were very thorough and creative.

Honestly, these books should not actually be compared. Harry Potter is based on the stories of the wizard world, while Percy Jackson is based on the world of Greek Gods and other creatures. They're both great stories for their basis.