• Cops are arrogant pricks, period.

We don't need18,000 police departments in this country. That's approximately how many we have. There really isn't that much crime to warrant such a fragmentation with little oversight and even less accountability. People surrender their rights out of fear but we need to stop putting up with the increasing militarization of police or this will indeed be a police state... Even though it already is for all intents and purposes. People watch too much tv and base their opinions and attitudes on fictional stories that paint cops as the good guys. They aren't, not anymore. Cops are becoming a horror and don't protect as much as run a business supported by endless tickets and fines for shit that should be let go with a warning. They don't need mineproof vehicles. They don't need swat and they don't need military hardware. Stop watching tv and start watching the real cops. They are corrupt and nearing the quality of Tsarist Russia.

• Facts at police

A new study published by the Justice Department found that roughly 1,100 officers are arrested each year—or roughly 3 per day. The study, from researchers at Bowling Green State University, is thought to be the first to quantify how often police commit crimes across the country, as well as how various departments discipline their own.

The research showed that 6,724 officers were arrested between 2005 and 2011. Some 41.5 percent were on duty at the time of the offense. The most serious offenses were driving under the influence, aggravated assault, forcible fondling, and forcible rape. Over 12 percent of officers had more than one case in the count, either because their crimes had more than one victim or because they were arrested more than once in the six-year span.

Roughly 42 percent of these cases resulted in a known criminal conviction. Over half of the officers were suspended (33.1 percent) or resigned (25.4 percent). In only 28 percent of the cases were officers actually fired; in 13 percent of the cases, no action was taken at all. The highest rates of arrest came from the New Orleans Police Department, the Milwaukee Police Department, the Memphis Police Department, the New Mexico State Police, and the Pittsburgh Police Department.

This is likely a small percentage of the ones that were caught.

• Who is the criminal

From 2000 to 2014, the FBI reported an average of 390 murders committed by police each year, with an upward trend.

How many time have you turned on the news to witness someone gunned down because the police thought a cell phone looked like a gun or shot in the back because they illegibly stole an item worth less than one hundred dollars. These are the people paid to protect us. Scary to think about how many thousands of criminal acts law enforcement commits each day.

In general, a profession that feels they are above the law, with a god like mentality whose first response is to use deadly force. Once you or someone you know become a victim of this conduct, you will gain perspective about law enforcement out of control.

• Police need citizen review boards

I was walking down a sidewalk at 11:30PM, I was directed by a group of 5 officers to walk in the street and go around them as they were arresting a pot smoking kid, or underage kid.. Not sure which. I decided to wait as I didnt want to jay-walk and get busted. They than tried to arrest me, tazed me twice, jumped me, arrested me, took $600 from me for bail, and will probably charge me with resisting arrest, when in reality I was just waiting to pass them. Police are way out of control.

• Law Enforcement out of control

Let me start out by saying that I am an upstanding citizen with family in Law Enforcement. With out letting my bias get the better of me I have to say we need tons more civilian oversight. Officers run around trigger happy with a god complex. They continuously break the laws they've sworn to uphold with no ramifications. They are part of a brotherhood with little to no transparency which leads to covering up their messes. When it comes to a cops word over yours with no video. Good Luck.. What they say goes. People like to use the excuse of danger of the job and the pressure they are under. Didn't they know the job they were signing up for? Instead of hanging out outside of 7elevens for long periods of time, try doing your jobs.

• Law Enforcement out of control

• Youtube police brutality... Need i say more

Cops are so power hungry and miltarized under the guise of protecting themselves its ridiculoius. If they would spend a little less tima acting like a bunch of thugs they may mot need all the body armor they put on every day. Their time should be spent serving and protecting rather than harrassing and collecting.

• US Police are Out of Control

The Police are suppose to protect us. We are suppose to feel safe in the presences of a police officer. So why are they out of control?
    Police seem to have an air around them that they are better than everyone else. They no longer allow the people to have freedom. When asked to search a person or vehicle people tend to agree. People are under the impression that we don't have a choice in the matter. Under the fourth amendment we do have a choice. When denied police tend to find reason to search said person. We need to start standing up for ourselves and take our nation back. This is the land of the people not the land of the police.

• The Police are Not Out of Control

The police have been given a poor image since the Michael Brown incident in 2014. Even before that police brutality was a problem. I will agree, it's a problem that deserves to acknowledged. With that being said there are far more good cops than bad cops and they put their life on the line every day in order to provide service that protects civilan safety.

• The police are doing their jobs

No, I don't think the police are out of control. They have a very tough job, and are going in a good job maintaining order in a chaotic society. It seems every time action is taken against a person of color, it is blown out of proportion. It suddenly becomes about racism. Physical action against whites happens all the time, but it is never mentioned.

• No they aren't

This is something that has been a major topic for many decades. In my opinion the majority of cops are doing an honest job of serving and protecting their communities. In most altercations that are shown it's always a rebellious individual that stirs up the crowd. That isn't what I would call being out of control. If the individual feels threatened you have to take that individual out.