• They honor the best of humanity

These awards honor some of the best people in all of humanity. Although they don't mean much to a lot of people, they do show how certain people are making the world a better place for all of us. The people honored have done tremendous things in their life, and deserve special accolades.

• Yes, I think so.

I agree, it is relevant thing, why not should be? The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the Nation’s highest civilian honor, presented to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.

• I think Presidential Medals of Freedom are still relevant

I believe that the Presidential Medal of Freedom is still relevant today, They reward the country's most outstanding people. A person who receives one is an example to the nation and their people and are looked upon as inspiration to everyone else. The Medal of Freedom is also a long held American tradition and it would be a shame if it were stopped.

• They honor our best.

Ellen came out at a time that no one had. She was a pioneer. And she managed to do it in a way that did not offend the mainstream. We all love Ellen and we have all learned from her. This is what a Presidential Medal of Freedom is all about. She deserved it.

• I don't think so.

The president, although the supposed leader of the free world, is just a citizen, with more responsibility. Just because a person gets one, does not make them, someone we should all look up too. President Obama recently handed out a number of them to people, who honestly, I have no idea why they got them. The presidents judgement in character, is not automatically better than anyone else. The president, can make idiotic and irrational decisions also (as we know all to well from history).