• The Marines have something the Army lacks...Or is It the other way around?

I have heard arguments claiming that the Marines are better trained and have more everything (except funding) than the Army. I am inclined to say with all the benefits of being a Marine I have found the Army to be slightly pathetic. This is anyone's opportunity to prove me wrong and to show me the light. If not then the Marines win this round.

• Don't get it twisted soldiers

Yes the Marine Corps invest most of its funding on training and actually leave it to marines to care for one another, something the Army fails to do. The Marine Corps structure and small unit leadership, have the comparison to the Army of which what Marine LCPLS and CPLS (19 to 21 yr olds) do SGTS and SSGTS (6 to 8 year soldiers) do. And that's a fact, Marine Corps section leaders are CPLS and lead almost 5 to 25 Marines at a time and haven't even broke 21 years of age meanwhile soldiers are told what to do for almost 6 years.

• Marines training is what counts.

The marines training is what wins this one. One on one marine v army marine would win because of its training. Image the marines with the funding of the army. There all ready better with the training so there with the funds so they would out wit the army with there training.

• 13 weeks training

It's obvious. Marines are much better trained then their Army counter part. They're more fearless and are held up to a higher standard because of their tradition. In any fight I'd rather have one Marine instead of ten soldiers. Takes more guts. First to fight! Hope this helps, stating my opinion based on facts and observations.

• Marines are better than the Army.

People you are debating about a week of training. The Marines have fought with older technology. Also the reason the Army is bigger is because most of the men were drafted. The Marines have more ways to perform attacks. The Marines are better trained than the Army. I mean the Army has the CROWS weapons system, the Marines still use manned turrets. The army gets freebies, I mean they have magpul custom parts while Marines have stock Colt parts. The Army has the FAST type helmets while the Marines still use MICH 2000 helmets. The Army is the spoiled branch of the Military, while Marines are using weapons and armor that have been issued since the 1990's

• I joined both.

After serving 4 years as a Marine I got out and was having trouble finding a job that felt right and meaningful so I decided to try the Army out with a 2 year contract. After about 30 min. I knew I had made a bad choice. One year in I called a friend who was recruiting and got it lined up so my first day out of the army O could get back in to the Marines. If you are looking for a job then join the army but if you are looking to change your life, become a Marine.

• Just look at our training.

Everything being earned is tough from the beginning, even before being a poolee. If you want a USMC key chain, get on the bar and do pull ups. If you want an army or national guard backpack, just ask and they will give it to you. And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

• Marines and army same

Coming from experience, both require the same amount of diligence, commitment, and love for our country. It is simply ego and bar talk to say that one is better than the other and it is shameful that this is even a matter or point of discussion yay go america ya

• Marines are more oriented and have more discipline. When they Act or do something they put 110% into their work.

I am in a unique position to answer this question. I am both a Marine and a soldier. Now currently a recently separated Veteran and Government Civilian employee here at the Pentagon. That's right, I served in the US Army Infantry then in the US Marine Corps Infantry. I have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan one time each as a soldier then as a Marine. I believe the Marine Corps to be “better” than the Army. However, that being said, I base my answer that Marines are better than soldiers purely on a military bases as the question itself is very open. To sum it up, if you want to learn how to fight, and kill the enemy, being a Marine will enable this ability with ease. If you want to have an easier life, and be treated better, being a soldier is for you. As I said, the answer is subjective in nature. The Marine Corps is only interested in training you to kill, and be physically fit. They will afford you the training, tools, and put maximum effort into making you deadly. The Army on the other hand, while doing these things, doesn’t do it as “cut throat” as the Marine Corps does it. You have a higher percentage of fat that slip through the cracks in the Army, than that of the Marine Corps. The Marine Corps standard is much higher than that of the Army’s. Simply being a Marine is tougher than being a soldier. Now, up to this point my argument has been in favor of Marines on a basic level. Basic Infantry, and basic treatment. The Army offers Ranger, Special Forces, Tier One (Delta Force). The Marine Corps offers Battalion Recon, MarSOC. These five Units have different roles and different levels of awesomeness. My professional assessment is as follows.

• The marines are

Better. The army is good with funding, numbers, and have a lot of numbers and are often deployed everywhere. However, let's say it's war. Marines can be deployed where needed in an hour, the army takes 4-5 hours, the marines usually push back the enemy forces on the front line while the armies stay back and occupy incase the marines forces are breached, or are sneaked around, they work together very well. They support each other. Either way the defend the United states. However, the marines are better trained. The army chooses quantity, the marines chooses quality. Who would rather be?

• Most of the people on the Marines side are basing their answers on opinions.

A lot of the people for the Marines are saying things like my friend is a Marine, my dad is a Marine, and I've met Marines and Army soldiers and I don't care much for the soldiers. All of these are based on either their opinions about other people or taking other peoples opinions. The fact is that the Marines don't nearly have as much people and equipment as the Army does. You can't win a war with crap technology and low numbers. The Army also has way more special forces. The Marines only have Marine Recon, the Army has the Rangers, Green Berets, and Delta force. The Marines are only deployed when needed. Otherwise they sit on a boat floating on the water. The Army is always getting deployed in all kinds of countries. Whether it is keeping a place secure or taking on the enemy. The point is that the Army has better technology, numbers, special forced, and has a way more important role than the Marines. Think of it this way, would you rather have Marines protecting us with no technology and extremely low numbers, or the Army with state of the art technology and extremely high numbers. Think of that!

• The arguement is useless

Don't forget that they're on the same team. It really doesn't matter who's best. Aren't we all adults here? They're both good. To be honest though, the army has better benefits. They give you army housing which is quite amusing. They'll pay for your tuition. I think that you guys should stop arguing over petty things. The U.S military should just join as one and call it U.S Force because the Army, Marines, Air Force, and Navy should join each other team and fight together without branches.

• Hmm should I use the flat head screw or the Philips head screw?

Comparing United States Marines to the United States Army is not only very ignorant, but childish, the Marines are known for being good at invading, especially on amphibious invasions, but the Army has a Airborne divisions, which Marines do not have. Both U.S Marine and U.S Army infantry training is almost identical, and remember they are on the same side, when they say either one of them are better, its just bar talk, in the end they are a team. Its just ignorant and immature people that just turn this into a stupendous argument.

• No marines aremail not better

Both are on the same side. Both help protect our country. Army is more land based where as a marine (like a marine animal) is by water or sea. Both branches are good. Army has more jobs in the medical feel if that's the route someone is wanting to take.

• No marines aremail not better

• The arguement is useless

• This really is childish, arent they on the same side?

First off, I know many soldiers, both army and marines, and from what ive seen army is just as capable as marines and many times they are better. The marines are usually better snipers, excluding army rangers, but army are better soldiers. Just the fact that so many marines argue so hard shows this.
    Its about teamwork. Marines make it this big deal about how they are better no matter what and army is always glad to have help from as many as possible, thats what real soldiers do. We are allon the same side, are we not? Just immagine if we werent. The army has more aircrafts than the airforce, more boats than the navy, and more soldiers than all other branches combined. It is the strongest fighting force the world has ever seen, but thats only because they work well with others, so quit this stupid argument. The good marines are the ones who realise that they need help from army and air force and navy and put faith in them, not the ones who are arrogant and think marines are better no matter what.

• The Army is, in my opinion, much better.

I believe it is better because for one, the Army's funding is through the roof. Not only that, but the Army is much larger, so they have a much more combat-oriented group. They have also been around since the beginning of the U.S.A. So they're traditions have been upheld for a much longer time.

• Not at all

Marines say they are better trained because their boot camp is what 13 weeks long? While the Army's basic combat training is 8 weeks, AIT(advanced Individual Training) is another 6. So the marines have lost there. They are also a much smaller force and are not equipped for a long term occupation like the army is.

• This is a 'My dad can beat up your dad' argument

And based off of stereotypes and jingoist ego nonsense.

How many of you have actually served? And how many of you actually understand all aspects of each branch?

The Army is the most powerful fighting force in the world, overall. Marines don't go in an 'conquer' while the army maintains, that's ridiculous. There are different kinds of Army units, some are Pathfinders, some are Airborne, some are Rangers, some are Green Berets, some are now Delta Force.

The Army has different kinds of BCT, to compare them to the Marine Corps which only has 1 (divided into male and female) is ridiculous. Marine BC is tougher, but there's only one and training doesn't stop after Basic or Bootcamp.

vwnc says2014-08-23T19:34:19.373
Haha All of these comments made me laugh. What are we even talking about?? Army/Marines... A cook is a cook, a truck driver is a truck driver and so on. The difference is in the Combat size. Just the 18th Airborne corp alone in the Army is greater than the whole Marine Corp. I will say this, I will take the army in a war any day of the week! The Infantry alone can not be matched by any power in the world, I;m not even Including SOF. The marines should be disbanded there is no use for them except to pull guard duty or hold an umbrella for a lazy president.. Lol The Navy, Airforce and Army can do every job the marines can do... Lets save some money and cut the dead weight.