• Yes, indeed they are!

YouTube comments' word limits forces comments to be too small. These comments' word limits force comments to be too long. I have to fill in several more words! I don't always have that much to say. I am stretching as it is! I ran out of things to say 5 minutes ago!

• Yes. Very. Very.

I just do this LOL [Copy paste]

Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count. Filling word count.

• Yes,it's very irritating

In my opinion it can stop a person giving their full view point and argument by limiting the amount of words they can use, this may be very irritating to the person and also those reading it.
    I think people should be able to express what they want to say fully without being hindered by word limits.

• They ensure a proper argument

I take your question to pertain specifically to word limits on this site, as you have not specified otherwise. Enforcing a lower word limit on opinions forces people who want to hold a position to be able to defend it. If you can't defend a position, chances are it's because you don't have a leg to stand on. I would go further to say that lower word limits should also be placed on debates, to limit 'I dissagree, so there' type responses. The upper character limit on debates also serves a function in forcing the debater to present his or her argument in an efficient fashion, and keeping the amount of argument that may be done by either side relatively even.