Are there any benefits to changing the legal drinking age to 25?

• As a 25 year old

Yes it should be raised to 25 not just because I am 25 and would still be able to drink but because of how i drank when I was between 18 and 22 which was drink as much as possible compared how I drink now which is just a beer or two hardly often at all.

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Their are irresponsible teenagers that take drinking as a joke.

Their are kids that think that drinking is ok and that getting wasted is fun, but they are not ready for the responsibility that comes with drinking. Alcohol poisoning is no joke and if these chi9ldish kids don't take it seriously they can get alcohol poisoning. The age of 25 for drinking to me seems perfectly fine.

• 21 year old's get drunk and fight!

When i was 21-24 me and my buddies would go out get drunk and start fights. After I turned 27 we settled down had families and became more responsible. We don't go out and create trouble . But I see lots of young adults doing that same crap we use to do. They just are not mature enough to handle it.

• That would be a really positive desicion

Research has shown that the brain is not fully developed until the age of 25. Some of the last parts to develop are those of morality and impulse control.

Research has also shown that excessive drinking before the age of 25 can slow and even stop that brain development, meaning people will not ever reach full maturity of their morality and impulse control. This increases the crime rate.

• Yes, there are many benefits to raising the drinking age

At twenty one, your brain is still growing and developing. Polluting it with alcohol can do serious and permanent damage. Also, and twenty five, most people are more mature, and capable of making better decisions. Raising the drinking age will also lead to fewer drunk driving incidents. There is no reason not to raise the drinking age, the sooner, the better.

• I can't think of any

I really do not think there will be a whole lot of maturity going on between the ages of 21-25. I simply do not see any benefits at all of changing the legal drinking age to 25. I think 21 is old enough as it is so I think this would be pointless.

• There are no benefits to this.

The legal drinking age in America is already nonsensical, so the only thing you would be doing by raising the age is creating more non-violent criminals. America should not be in the business of creating criminals for crimes that don't really exist at all, they should be encouraging consumers to consume in the free-market.

• No, I don't think there any benefits to changing the legal drinking age to 25.

I believe changing the drinking age to 25 would be excessive and punishing and bring very little change, not only would tax revenues on liquor sales go down because of the people now forbidden to buy liquor but overall I think the Government would not be doing any good by making this change.