Are there any controls in place to prevent the Federal Trade Commission from acting with bias?

• The FTC acts in accordance with federal law

The FTC enforces provisions of the Clayton Act and is governed by Title 15 of the United States Code. These acts, as well as oversight by the President and Congress, are the controls that are in place to prevent the Federal Trade Commission from acting with bias. If there was bias, then the agency would be investigated by Congress.

• All About Bias

I personally think the actions of the Federal Trade Commission are completely biased, so there's not question when comes to prevent it, that they aren't. The FTC is run on ideas that archaic and conservative. Furthermore, there's nothing really implemented that makes them change or makes them follow the view of the people.

• No, there are no controls in place.

I do not think that there are any type of controls or regulations in place to prevent the Federal Trade Commission from acting with bias. I think that while the policy is something that is beneficial and good for society and governments, I think that it is also under regulated.

• They make arbitrary decisions.

No, there are not controls in place to prevent the Federal Trade Commission from acting with bias, because there are a lot of people who are able to make arbitrary decisions at the FTC. Often, the rules are written loosely. Those who are enforcing them may choose what to enforce and when.