• There may be some.

I am not one hundred percent sure of what is in the HPV vaccine, but I am sure there is something that is negative to it. I am also one hundred percent sure that the benefits far outweigh the detriments of getting the vaccine. I think the net gain is well worth the vaccine.

• Yes, there are bad effects.

In consideration of the perceived reduction of risk that the HPV vaccine may provide to the recipients, there may a marked increase in the spread of sexually transmitted infections among the treated population. If one does choose to receive the HPV vaccination they should not feel invincible, and continue to take the same precautions that they would have taken prior to being vaccinated.

• Yes, it is possible.

As with any vaccine or medication or treatment that comes on the scene and then is touted as being something everyone should have, we do not yet know what the full effects of the HP vaccine will be over time and so we should be as cautious with that as we are with anything else.

• The good effects probably outweigh the bad

I don't know for sure whether or not there are bad effects of the HPV vaccine. What I do know is that there are bad effects to the Human Papilloma Virus. This virus is responsible for a host of cancers which leave many dead every year. There is a tendency among the untrained to jump to conclusions. Many think that vaccines are responsible for autism and other birth defects, but there is no evidence of this.