• Yes. Hear me out..

Of course this is only about two kids getting married: not the repulsive practice of an adult marrying a child.

When kids marry:

You grow up together.
    Less clash of personalities.
    The relationship is non-negotiable: like parents/siblings - and feels natural and does not weight you down.
    The girl moves from her parents to her ILs early - before the former bonds/personality becomes too strong. And bonds with her ILs grow strong and naturally.
    Also easier for ILs to receive a child more wholeheartedly than an adult - who they may view with trepidation, as someone who may want to change things around.

You evolve and understand each other without effort.
    No agonizing about the stupid concept of 'right one', romance etc. Marriage is just about finding someone to take care of each other.
    Strengthens the family - under constant attack today from individualistic tendencies. The whole paradigm of 'happiness comes from choice' will be resisted.

The system only needs to be updated to today's values: unhindered education for both children, sex-education and healthcare.

We have thrown the babies out with the bathwater.

• Yes, but far outweighed by the negative.

If I had to guess I'd say for every 10 bad things, there's 1 good thing. Also what is considered child marriage is variable by location... Anyway of small benefits they are more likely to have children; they are less likely to have the insecurity of "will I ever get married," which in many cases is replaced by something worse.

• A lot, obviously!

My grandparents generation were lot more happier and healthier in their relationship than my parents generation and it is getting worse day by day. Look at divorce rates, single mother stats in USA, UK and Ireland etc. State cannot replace the father. Even the industrial revolution occurred at a time when marriages were done in time. Western politicians are screwing the entire world.

• A lot, obviously!

• It was, is and will be normal

Whether we marry girl whose age is between 10-18 to a boy of same age or older person it is not the matter, but problem is social ills from which we must protect our children.
    Sex is not the problem, every girl whether adult or minor is afraid for sometime.
    As marriage counselor I seen case where an adult educated married women was feeling afraid of sex with husband and there are cases where girls of 6-8 are having sex without any hesitation (in case of trobriander tribe in Papua, New Guinea), and I am not joking about this. (You can google it)
    It's about education, in case of trobriander tribe girl and boys are educated by there parents for marriage
    That's all.

• It was, is and will be normal

That's all.

• It was, is and will be normal

That's all.

• It was, is and will be normal

That's all.

• Yes a child marrying out of poverty is a net gain

If a child can leave poverty behind by becoming a child bride it is a net gain for the child since she no longer has to worry about whether or not she is getting to eat. In impoverished countries, child marriage is a necessary evil for the people of the nation to grow and survive.

• Children deserve to have a childhood

Children deserve to grow up being educated, loved and cherished. They deserve to play with other children heir age with no responsibilities, they have their entire life ahead of them to do whatever they please. Why rush? Why marry at 9 or 15 when you could marry at 20, 30, 40? Children aren't mature enough and don't have the mental capability to think beyond their age level. A 25 year old adult knows what a 14 year old girl doesn't. Children go through mistakes and their journey into adulthood should NOT be rushed.

• It is wrong

I think child marriage is wrong because there are way to many negatives. For example a little 7 year old could be married to a 30 year old man. Now the 23 year difference is already bad enough, but just the fact that the man will most likely abuse and hurt her. SAY NO TO CHILD MARRIAGE!

• Way too immature to be married

The girls are usually married at age of 12. Where most of 12 years old are being educated and living their childhood. Being married at young age would obviously give the older man head start, such as forced sex and being abused. Which can lead to depression at such a young age. And why should they must suffer

• For those disgusting idiots saying Child marriage is okay...

Why the fck would you want a KID to be basically raped by a man 20+ years of age or even 4+ years of age, KIDS should stay as kids. They do not have the capacity to understand sex, baring a child, romance, taking care of a family, money expenses. OR ANYTHING.
    YOu guys disgust me the bar should be 100% ON THE NO SIDE you pedophiles

• Nothing is good about it.

It forces children to drop out of the education and families to help with the husband which probably beats or uses violence on the girl. Some things might be good but all I see on the news is bad things and horrible things that happen to the girls or young women.

• There are downsides and upsides.

Like someone above said, it is different, what kind of child marriage are we talking about? Well here is the answer to both.

Okay so I get it, a child of 12 marrying a man of 65 does not seem appealing. However in some cases marriage is the only way out of being in A LOT of trouble. Also in some religions that's just the way it goes and it's hard to change that.

Now if we are talking about child marrying child, it is different. I read a story about someone of 14 that was having a baby. She is not allowed to by the Law so she had to get married to dodge that law. Now instead of marrying the man that forced her to have, well a baby with her, she married her boyfriend. That I think is a much better solution.

But over all you really should not be able to have a baby in a marriage until you are 18, or something.

• There are downsides and upsides.

• Say no to child marriage.

Many of these girls who are getting married very very young are just at the peak of finding their selves. They have ambition, goals and determination. Many girls just want to get educated and move to a happier society. The parents are the ones who enforce the previous generations ways and cultural beliefs.

• This is bad

Marrige comes with adult responsibilities. Children should be enjoying innocent crushes, and all the other beauties of being a kid. Not working, but going to school. Not caring for another child, but being cared for by an adult. A child should be able too do what a CHILD should do, not an adult.T. Being a kid means no adultt worries, and being able to prepare for those worries

• Child marriage is dangerous

One in every three girls is married before reaching age 18. And one in nine is married under age 15, sent away because of tradition or lack of funds to sustain the family. When a girl is married as a child, she is pulled out of school, which reduces her education. They are also more likely to be the victim of violence, and death during childbirth. Their children have a 60 percent greater chance of dying during their first year, and if they do survive, they are more likely to suffer from low birth weight, late physical and mental development, and malnutrition. Child brides are likely to show signs of abuse or post-traumatic stress such as feelings of hopelessness or depression. But there are some pros, for example it ensures a future for your child. It ensures that your child will have someone financially responsible for them. Many people don't get married, ever, so at least you can be certain your child will walk down the aisle.
    Ethiopia is a developing country in Africa with the neighbouring countries of Djibouti, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, and Eritrea. In Ethiopia, two in every five girls are married before the age of 18. The Amhara region has the highest rate of child marriage with nearly 45% of girls married before 18.The most successful program to decline rates of child marriage relies on heavy government support, works through local government action, focuses not only on child marriage but also on gender roles and inequality, but includes men and boys as well as religious leaders. Child marriage is declining where commitment and investment in girls’ education is growing, especially where schooling is paired with active, girls’ clubs.