• No there are not better alternatives to the income tax.

I think that there are not better alternatives to the income tax. I think that the income tax is something that is fair and just and do not see any reason that we should seek an alternative to it. I also think that it is something that benefits the country as a whole as well as the people.

• No tax is better

Keep sales tax and various other forms of taxation but drop income tax. Let people keep what they earn. This will create a boom in consumers and also will curb inflation. These seems counter intuitive and may cause an initial drop in monies for the government. But they are able to take other things and all the buying that this will spark can actually out way the loss of income tax.

• There are no better alternatives to the income tax.

There are no better alternatives to the income tax. The income tax is a necessary activity to fund the government and public services. The income tax is the best way to ensure that every citizen contributes their fair share of money to the government. People would not voluntarily give money to the government so it is best that the income tax is automatically deducted from pay checks.

• I don't think so.

No one likes to pay income tax, but it is necessary to have a pool of money in order to run the government. I think that if we want to maintain democracy and not attempt any other form of government, then income tax is necessary and there aren't really any other proven methods that are better.