• There are many

Atheism help create the modern world. Atheism has taught us to think differently to ask question, and to question everything. Atheism finds it's answers in the natural world not the supernatural. Atheism uses science to find the truth not faith. Atheism requires you to think for your self and not surrender your logic and reason to blind faith and authority. Atheism means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead. Atheism is relentless and moves in one direction, forward at the cost of the religious and this is something they fear. Our numbers grow there numbers shrink. Modern education and the internet will help continue this Idea of Atheism, a better way of thinking. Have a nice day.

• Methodical Naturalism, validation through testing observations, no Validation, No Reason To Believe:

It is irrational to believe in things that cannot be validated via observation and testing of that observation for validity. I am open to anything that can be validated through testing and revision, though to test something it first needs to be replicated, if you cannot replicate it, most likely it doesn't exist.
    Many people believe in personal experiences that cannot be tested, nor replicated, so most likely they were illusions.
    To believe in an illusion is a Delusion.
    So many Theists are Irrational and Delusional.

• I am an agnostic atheist, and I think that there are good arguments for atheism.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but religion is there to shade your eyes and make you feel more comfortable.
    Atheists are more innovative and open-minded. And in addition, there are scientific reasons for almost everything. Those that have not been discovered yet, such as how energy generated to create the Big Bang, are being studied and will most likely have an answer in the future. Once again, no offense to anyone as I will respect them if they are religious or not, but religion is quite archaic. It's time to open your eyes to the modern times.

• Letter To Theists

Why are you a follower of your current religion? Have you exhaustively researched every single religion until you came to the conclusion that this one suits you best? I sincerely doubt that you have. Why are you not Pagan or Rastafarian? It's because you were surrounded by people of your current religion and decided you liked it. You have no real reason to follow your religion.

• Of course there are!

Absolutely there are. I disagree with all of them, but Atheism gains huge grounds in numbers with their (at first glance) reasonable argument that morals are subjective, and that religious people are wolves in sheep's clothing. It is hateful and incorrect, but the arguments make sense to those who have not prepared themselves in opposition to it.

• Of course there are

Everything atheists like me believe in is explained by science. There are scientific reasons for almost everything that has happened in the world, from evolution to shooting stars. And switch the question around, are there any good arguments for religion? No one has proof that god or gods exist/s but science can explain everything atheists believe in.

• God's or any other magic is not needed to explain anything

Science can not yet explain literally everything, but allmost everything we see around us can be explained by theories (having a vast body of proof) or hypotheses (ideas).

Science is advancing very fast nowadays and everytime we discover something new or learn something, the gap's of science are closing and magic is losing ground.

• Like good arguments for theism

Atheism is a backlash of theism; it has existed before Jesus Christ was born, or even Socrates. I would argue easily that Thales of Miletus was an atheist, but that is apart from the point. Good arguments for theism, like the Anselm Ontological Argument, exists; and they are indeed, very good. However, arguments for atheism are even better, and are more logical.

For example, if God exists, why does objective morality not exist? God gave us innate ideas about morality, accordingly to Theologians, so why did God himself not create Objective Morality? If he truly existed, he would have done so.

But the best arguments for atheism stem from empirical physicalism; all things that exist, simply exist physically.

• Yes, but they don't see the whole picture.

These people have good arguments. But first off, I am religious myself, but I respect atheists. They clearly see that humans have some sort of connection to primates, and there is plenty of evidence of the Big Bang, like the fact that the universe is constantly expanding. But where did all that come from? There would have had to be someone or something there to put it there. There is, most likely, a God, but a lot of religious people take religion too literally. I believe that religion shouldn't be taken literally. Adam and Eve was most likely a metaphor for evolution, and the Forbidden Fruit is probably a metaphor for what makes us different from other creatures.

• Arguments for understanding seem to be arguments for Atheism.

In short, one may argue that atheism offers a simpler and more relevant view of the world which offers greater (at the very least equal) predictive power when compared to religion, while also being simpler and relatively indisputable. If one believes that our models of the universe can be judged based on their accuracy, usefulness, and simplicity (in that order), then one could make a strong argument that atheism is the best model of the supernatural world that we have.

• Atheists just argue that science explains everything but it doesn't

Yes science backs all the facts that atheists argue. However consider this, if everything in the universe can be traced back to the big bang, then what caused the big bang? And if we find an answer to that then what caused that? There has to be a beginning to everything. How do you know God didn't create everything that science proves THROUGH the big bang? Science and religion don't have to be separate at all. The only Christians that are against the theory of evolution are the ones that take the Bible literally. "He made Earth in 7 days". In 7 what? Earth days? I doubt it. As an atheist you probably know that time on Earth is not the same as time in the Universe or even in heaven. The simple fact is Atheists cannot prove or disprove God in the same way the Christians cannot prove or disprove God. But religion isn't based on fact it's based on faith. They are asked by God to believe in something even when there is no clear evidence for it and that is what will get them to heaven. Claiming "there's no evidence for God" is what I would call failing the test of faith. A Christian needs no proof for their religion because it's based on faith not proof. Therefor Atheism cannot disprove a religion for the same reason so there can never be a good argument for atheism.

• Atheism is not factual.

I don't find any good arguments for atheism. I find that God is the best explanation of Reality as is. Morality, Cosmology, Jesus' resurrection, fine-tuning,etc. All support theism and disprove atheism. That is why I am not an atheist but a Christian. I don't thin atheists are irrational, but I think their position however is.

• Atheism is Anti-theism. It doesn't have to be argued.

Ever heard of the celestial teapot? If I claimed that there was a purple teapot floating in outer space right now, between Mars and Jupiter, the burden of proof would be on me to prove it, not on you to disprove it. Atheists don't have to argue a thing. We can explain why we don't feel there is a God, but the burden of proof is on the claimer. If you claim there is a God, or a teapot, YOU have to prove it. The rest of us just sit back and wait til you do.

• No, there are not.

No, but then again there are no good arguments for theism. What most theists fail to realize is that atheism does not have to disprove the existence of a god all atheists posit is that there is not sufficient evidence to prove a god. As such are there good arguments for atheism? No, but there are good argument which show more than likely that no god exists.

• There is only one argument for atheism.

And that is being lazy. All of the people who refuse to believe in God are just afraid of wasting time. So what if you spend a couple nights praying, or do the right thing because you think its what god wants. It doesn't take much to make a relationship with God. EVEN IF in the end it was all a lie and he never was there. Would you regret the small time you spent? Would you regret the kind choices you made? Atheist are just lazy people who are missing out with the wonderful experience of religion.

• I'm yet to hear a good one at least, but if anyone thinks they have one I'm open to hearing it.

All of the arguments for atheism I've heard either presupposed atheism or naturalism, were based on a fundamental misunderstanding, were just simply fallacious or weren't actual arguments for atheism as they were thought to have been by the proponent anyway. Then there's people who wave the flag of atheism but avoid arguing for it as soon as they feel the pressure to.

• One does not "argue" atheism:

Belief claims do not require self-endorsement either way; there is a very large difference between arguing against the existence of things (deities in this case) and arguing for the stance on something (the belief there are no deities/contempt for those deities in this case) and because of this gap it makes no sense to attempt to argue atheism.

People who defer outside of Atheism and really theological understandings often make the mistake of posing evidence for their worldview (opinion) which does not back their stance (belief claim) because they simply don't know any better.

• There is no definite scientific proof

Science still has not given good solid evidence for the existence of God to be impossible. Atheists also have a burden of proof like Theists. Agnostic is the only one with a excuse to not have a burden of proof. Although there is no scientific proof for the existence of God...There is also no scientific proof for the impossibility of a higher being.

Posted by: qwzx
  • There aren't good arguments for anything relating to deities though, or arguments at all, for that matter.

There is no way you can prove anything wrong. At all. You can't prove God doesn't exist, and good look trying to prove that he does. It's all up to which side you listen to and your personal beliefs, arguing about it has no use at all since you're obviously going to get nowhere with it.

AnonyFeline says2014-08-23T21:49:35.457
OF COURSE! Otherwise this debate wouldn't even exist (on the world stage).