• We can all congratulate each other.

Yes, there are too many award shows, because sometimes people only offer awards in order to get someone who is famous to show up at their events. Government agencies are the best at giving their own employees awards. Award shows are just a chance for Hollywood to tell each other how great they are.

• Yes, there are too many award shows.

I definitely think that there are way too many award shows in the entertainment industry. I do not watch any of them since I find them boring, but even the commercials for them is too much. There should be an attempt by Hollywood to try to limit the airing of these shows because I don't think they're as popular as they use to be.

• Too Many Award Shows

Although it is important to recognize accomplishments, having so many award shows continues to feed into the epidemic of self-pity. By watching all of these successful people, many feel inadequate or may have feelings of complacency believing these people on TV are more important, smarter, or overall better. Many receiving awards really should not be put up on a pedestal because they haven't really contributed anything besides a song to society. If we really wanted to watch people get rewards, we should be able to see Nobel prize winners and such, even though ratings would be low.

• Especially when it comes to country music.

There are far too many awards shows happening right now. The worst offender in the awards show category would have to be anything to do with country music. It seems like every time you turn around, some yokel with a guitar and cowboy hat is being awarded for something. There's just not that much specialness in the world.

• Lots of Awards

I believe there are too many award shows. It seems like every year there are more and more award shows, especially for celebrities. I think this is a little silly given that each channel or group has to hold their own program and each show features pretty much the same set of people. Seems like a lot of wasted money to me.