• Made up sports

First -- it has gotten MUCH TO EXPENSIVE for most countries to host the Olympics due to having to create venues for so many different sports. Kayaking? Badminton? Ping Pong?

The one I can't list here is because I don't know what to call it. It's got a soccer-like field, only smaller, with a soccer-like ball, only much smaller, that the players pass around by hand (not the foot) and throw at a soccer-like goal (only smaller). Obviously something MADE UP in just the last few years.

BTW, there is something inherently wrong with an Olympic sport when only children can win ("womens" gymnastics.)

• Made up sport.

• Made up sports

Just flipping through the channels and came across BADMINTON. RIDICULOUS!

But I can't complain about this one sport I've seen (briefly) because I don't even know what it's called.

It's basically like soccer, only in a much smaller field with a much smaller ball which is passed (by hand) from one player to another until someone takes a shot at a soccer like (only smaller) goal.

I've never, EVER, have seen this before. Obviously something MADE UP in just the last few years.

• Olympics Gone Crazy

Watching Golf. .What a ridiculous Olympic Sport What next? Tiddlywinks? Far too many sports. Athletics and swimming, a couple of strength sports. That will do..There are enough sports that have their own world cups. .That don't belong in the Olympics. .I think the Olympics is losing its value. Sport Overload.

• There are much too many olympic events.

Yes, there are far too many Olympic events between the summer and winter games. While the world's population has grown and having such a wide variety of events and variation of events has allowed many to participate, overall do we really need to find a world champion in half of these events?

• No, there aren't too many Olympic events.

While it may seem like there are too many Olympic events, having a lot of variety is good for a couple of reasons. First, and of the most importance, is that it helps to honor and recognize the non-professional athletes around the world, including in more recently recognized sports like snowboarding. Second, it gives people who watch at home more of an opportunity to find sports they enjoy watching.

• too many olympic events

I personally disagree,I think that there should be a good selection of events in the Olympics, not only for the competitors but for the viewers. Not everyone is interested in the same type of sports, whether it be the summer or winter games. I believe that the Olympics cover all ages, races and sexes, when it comes to the variety of games that are shown!

• I believe there are enough events for everyone!

I think that there should be a good selection of events in the Olympics, not only for the competitors but for the viewers. Not everyone is interested in the same type of sports, whether it be the summer or winter games. I believe that the Olympics cover all ages, races and sexes, when it comes to the variety of games that are shown!

• not at all

No, I do not think that there are to many Olympic events. I think that since this is a huge event, there should be a whole lot of events to compete in, so that the country who brings home the most gold medals can not just be good at one thing.