Are traditional families better than contemporary families?

Asked by: Destiny_Sny
  • Stats may show

I cant say with certainty or cite articles, but the traditional family is better at (more likely to raise) children that are successful. Yes you can pull out examples of traditional families going wrong and single parent families doing it right, but this doesn't cover the majority of instances. Take Justin beiber for example. As for the contemporary family that has same sex parents, i guess we will find out soon

• Yes traditional families are better

Its great to know that your parents are there for you fhneav vhecbha chsudcbfbebh rcerbcferu verhbvu weru v f vrfvrfhv wf ehefb fbv bfhvb f vif bebwehf beh bv uhbwb ihu behbe biehfb fih beh fbw hbhb hb h bvu fbeuibv hb eb hebf febeuifbihbvefbhe bh bfhb bev uhb hvb ubv

• Yes traditional families are better

• Yes traditional families are better

• It's about having 2 parent

I think that having 2 parents provides a stable household that gives a great base for growth for the child. There's tons of literature on how traditional household prove better for everyone, including the child. It's not so much about having 1 father working and 1 mother at home, but more about having 2 parents there for the child

• It's about having 2 parents

I think that having 2 parents provides a stable household that gives a great base for growth for the child. Theres tons of literature on how traditional household prove better for everyone, including the child. It's not so much about having 1 father working and 1 mother at home, but more about having 2 parents there for the child

• Family is Family No Matter What

I board at the school i go to and i only see my adopted parents twice a month, ive never met my birthparents but i don't call the people that adopted me by their first names but by their proper names, mum and dad, because they have always been there for me and that doesn't mean they love me less because they arent my real parents

• Family is Family

I live with my mother and half-sister. My half sister sees her dad three days a week, and I haven't seen my birth-father in eight years. Personally, growing up with a sister and a single mom, I have learned more in these sixteen years of life that I ever would have with two parents. I have learned to be responsible for my actions because I know there are certain things I need to do that my mom won't simply because she does not have time because she has work. My sister, who is only 8, knows that she has certain responsibilities at home for the same reason. I have learned to be reliable. I drive my sister to her practices sometimes along with making dinner when my mom is working late. There is no such thing as a "traditional family," and I know fora fact my family is not traditional-- but I would not want to live any other way.

• No family is better than the other.

Sure some-families have problems in a area of theyre lives but another family might have problems in the area that the other family is great in. Every family is unique. I have a broken family and sure i hate my step sister but i have 2 stepbrothers i can handle and a stepdad thats bearable and my real dad lives about half an hour away. My mom and dad trade weekends with us kids and it works great. My parents only talk to each other when needed, and are living happier lives than when they were together.

• Definition should come first.

What is a traditional family? The extended patriarchal unit where a large group lived under one roof, the "family house"? The Father Knows Best nuclear family of the 50s? Each one of us has its own concept of what a traditional family is, so it's difficult to compare apples to apples.

That said, I'm all for gender equality and open mindness, and no brand of traditional family ever offered any of that. So I vote for today's chaotic, seemingly unstable families.

• I don't think that traditional is better.

I believe that contemporary families are better than traditional
    families because traditional families are boring. They have 2 parents and a kid or two. But with contemporary families you have a mixture. I live in a contemporary household with my step-dad and half- sister. If I go over to my dads house I have a half brother, a half sister, and a stepsister. This is just one of a type of contemporary family. You could have families that have two moms or two dads or a single parent household.