• I mean, kind of

It really depends. Someone who knows they are a male but wants to live their life as a female is different from someone who actually believes they are the opposite gender and/or was born that way. This could be considered gender dysphoria. You aren't born with the mind of one gender and the body of the other, you are born one gender. (Oh and yes, sex and gender are the same.)

• Yes they are

They are mentally ill they can't accept who they are. If you are born a girl you are a girl if you are born a boy you are a boy. All these liberals support this mental disorder. These types of people cut their own junk off just to be a female when their chromosomes prove that they are males. Stop saying that they are girls when biology proves that they are male YOU LIBRALTARDS

• Sorta kinda maybe.

Although I wouldn't put it mentally ILL, it usually has some kind of mental "disorder" involved. Gender dysphoria. I don't believe in a soul, so I also don't believe in being born in the wrong body. No, I'm not some bible-loving maniac, I just think the idea of being born in the wrong body is dumb. Now, if you feel more comfortable in the opposite sex, go ahead. It's just not being born in the wrong body, it's comfort. Accept it.

• An identity disorder.

Similar to people who identify as Napoleon, they identify with someone they physically are not. In the past, people with such disorders were put in the hands of psychiatrists to help them accept who they really are but today people tend to normalize this and other disorders instead of having them treated.

• Transgenders are mentally ill.

Yes, they are mentally ill. Gender dysphoria is a mental illness, despite you throwing your moral values at me, it is a mental illness. Is it wrong? No. I'm a classic liberal (a libertarian). I believe you should be have the right to do whatever you want, as long as you don't take away other people's rights. So no killing babies, no beating up transgenders or anyone in the LGBTQ community, no taking away my guns, etc. I'm done ranting now.

• In a technical sense? Yes.

Gender dysphoria is in and of itself a disorder, similar to body dysphoria. Just because there's a negative connotation to the label "mentally ill" doesn't mean it's not what it is. I'm not against the transgender community - in fact, I wholeheartedly support them transitioning to their preferred sex. However, the cause of them wanting to transition is itself a medically diagnosable thing.

• Transgenders are in fact mentally ill.

The reason in which that transgenders are actually mentally ill is because of the fact that no sane person ever to live would want to change their gender, like dude if i'm born with tits ima live that up and get lit but just becuase you were born ugly and noone likes you doesnt mean you should change your gender like an idiot. Peace, Love and Trump.

• Of coarse not.

Transgenders are not mentally ill. Transgenders are perfectly fine. They are just like you and me. The only thing different is that they came out of the womb with the wrong gender. If they want to be a guy, fine, if they want to be a woman, that is also fine. It is who they think they are and who they want to be. But what is wrong with them is when they do not tell their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend that they are trans.

• The hell is wrong with you?

There is literally NO scientific evidence of trans people being mentally ill. In fact, there's proof of the exact opposite. I can't find the source, but there are multiple studies that showed that the brains of trans people are more like the one's of the gender they identify as, rather than their biological sex. Also, your sex chromosomes dictates your genitals, or your sex, but not your brain structure or psychology, which is your gender. Stop being so self centered and closed minded. Not everything that exists in the world has to be related back to you.

• Why do you care?

It’s not your body or your mind, so why care? If they are biologically male but want to be female, fine. If they are biologically female and wish to be male, have at it. It’s not hurting anyone, so we should let them be who they want to be. They aren’t hurting you, so leave them alone.

• Being trans is a perfectly legitimate thing

Being transgender is simple: You are one gender, but you have the junk for a different one. It's really not that complicated. Why can't people just accept transgender people for who they are. Even if you don't think it's legitimate, that doesn't matter. You are not them, so don't try to enforce your moral standards on them.

• They are not

Im gay, and i love my boyfriend and i certainly am not mentally ill. This is just stereotypical and people seem to judge you for being gay and think that you are depressed and all sad. Imagine you child turns out to be gay you cant just disown them because they are attracted towards their own gender.

• Some people don't like the feeling

Imagine going day by day knowing you don't feel right or you don't fit in the gender your in. Its hard to stay that way so many people go transgender. Its like being trapped and some people have found a way out of discomfort. There not out of there mind instead there using regular human emotion of discomfort.

• FACT: Gender is a social construct.

Gender and sex are NOT alike. Sex is your genetic makeup, and can be defined by genitals. Gender, on the other hand, is a SOCIAL construct-- primarily influenced and delegated by centuries of Western/Eastern scholarly, and often assumed, knowledge.

[Some] cultures stemming from Pacific, Native American and African origin had no set words for "male" and "female", but rather words of description embodying feminine or masculine qualities. Pacific and Native American nations lived in harmony with a "third gender"-- individuals fitting neither masculine, nor feminine qualities of the avg. Man/woman, and further identified as other than man/woman.

Gender is a social construct, transgender is therefore wholly valid, and as justifiable as the urge to change your ice cream order from single, to double scoop. Certainly not as simple, but as justifiable.

• Others can sense your true gender.

Others around you can sense your true gender......Even if you can't.

It is definitely not the case that a person 'feels like they are the opposite sex' but yet others sense that their nature matches their body. Not with a transgender person. In fact, things can get rather ugly if the transgender tries to role play the nature of their physical sex. The public finds that contentious. Especially in school, and at such close quarters, can be very damaging emotionally and psychologically for the trans person.

• They are not

They are not there is no proof proving that and if so where is it . They are not there are just like you and be but born as a trans no more no less and that is why i say no and for they ones who say yes Get a life