• Well I'm certainly not imaginary.

People seem to fundamentally misunderstand what sex and gender are. I discuss this at great length in the following debate:

http://www.Debate.Org/debates/There-are-Only-Two-Genders/1/

People can make fallacious, unfounded arguments to say that we're deluded, sinful, mentally ill and so on, but you have to at very least admit that we actually exist.

• Yeah It does exist

This is a common mistake made by stupid people that they think transgender is a gender or made up gender label for special snowflakes it is neither, Tran meaning transform or transition is a person that is undergoing surgery by non natural ways of the human body to become either male or female hence the tran ( transition or transform) in the word since they are only 2 genders they choose to either becoming a man or woman hence the phase of transition (transgender) cross from male to female or female to male and injected with hormones and other drugs.

• Yes, they exist. Unfortunately.

It is not another gender, as people on here seem to think, but a whacko thought where a woman wants to be a man, or a man wants to be a woman. You don't get to choose if they exist! There are people who think it would be cool to be the other gender. I'm a woman and proud of it, and I don't see why anyone in the right mind (reference to the post titled ' Opinion doesn't matter, transgender people exist') would want to change their gender.

• You don't get to chose if they exist. They do.

Brain scans have shown that transgender individuals have brain structures more closely resembling the gender they identify with rather than the gender of their body. How would you feel if your brain was male and your body female?

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan/
    "They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.Jpsychires.2010.05.006)."

Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain?: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

Even WebMD, which Luminaxe used to show that Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness, says that it is NOT: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/gender-dysphoria
    "Gender dysphoria used to be called 'gender identity disorder.' But the mismatch between body and internal sense of gender is not a mental illness. "

The American Psychological Association says that, no, being transgender is NOT a mental illness: http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx
    "A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder."

• Well I for one am real.

I'm a female to male transgender and for all those people who said no well you can suck it cause I'm here I'm alive and I sure as hell am not imaginary. I urge you to tell me to my face that I'm not real and then we'll see who really is the fake one.

• Trangender people are real

I know this because... I'm pretty damn real. I know who I am. My friends know who they are. If I know that I am male in a female body and that makes me not exist then how can you know that you are female in a female body or male in a male body. I mean I could just turn around and decide cisgender people don't exist because I'm not one and that would make every cisgender person roll their eyes and feel uncomfortable because according to someone who clearly doesnt know anything that they don't exist... See where I am going with this? Transgender people exist because there are thousand of stories from people transitioning and identifying as transgender just like cisgender people exist because there are billions of people who identify as cisgender.

• Trangender people are real

• This Topic Should Not Be Up For Debate

Transgender is used incorrect here because transgender is an adjective not a noun. This topic should not debate because from personal experience I can tell you transgender individuals are real. I know multiple people who identify with a different gender than they were assigned at birth and I myself identify as a women but was born a male. There is some science to back up the existence of transgender individuals. I think this topic should not be up for debate as it just spreads negativity.

• Yes we are

Yes, I can tell you that we are :) don't say "transgenders" though. It's not the correct plural - if you want to talk about multiple trans people, you can say transgender men, transgender women or transgender people. It's like with the word "transgendered"; it's just not a word! !

• There's a huge misconception between gender identity and the sex of the body

The human identity is a very complex subject; we use language and words to communicate, so referring to someone's gender identity of being male/female etc. is simply to describe their identity; despite the differences in the brains between the male/female sexes, there are still not enough samples from Trans people (who didn't transition to not affect their brain structure) to study the biological factor causing this to claim that trans people actually have brains with structures corresponding to their bodies and that it's not a real thing.
    You can't simply "fix" a trans person by making them like things they don't like or dislike things they like, which includes things like dresses that are considered "feminine" by the society or the way they like to have sex, you can only help them either by transitioning or other alternatives like doing the things you like without transitioning.
    Long story short, the cause of some people being trans doesn't matter, either it's a biological deffection in the brain, a mental condition, both or other factors, it doesn't change the fact that they do exist and they have every right to do what they want; just because the majority of people are completely happy with their bodies it doesn't mean that everyone should be, and just because you for some reason believe that the human identity is a binary component by using the body sex as an evidence doesn't mean that those who claim that being trans is a real thing for specific reasons are any less valid, it's all about having observable evidence.
    That being said, everyone has every right to not believe that being trans is real of course due to the lack of observable evidence for the claim; and trans people should accept that and not find it an insult; believing something was never a choice and always a result; acceptance from both sides is the only way to reach a better and more efficient mutual agreement.

• It is impossible to genuinely be born in the wrong body

There is no "born in the wrong body," because that would imply that there is a "right body," there is not, there is only the body you are in, and if you think that you belong i another, you should go get your head examined because how would you know what body G-d originally wanted to put you in? It is an unfalsifiable claim, and has no relation to reality.

• They scientifically are not real.

People saying tansgender are affected by mental disorders, or stress/fetish induced opinions on life which cause people to think they are trapped in the opposite genders body. The genetic process which selects your gender doesn't mix up who you are and how you look, if you're female you're female if you're male you're male and that's it.

• It is a disorder

If I had a dollar for every gender that exists in the world, I would end up with 2 dollars. There is absolutely no scientific proof that any gender other than the 2 fundamental gender units exists in the human society. Transgender is nurture rather than nature, and people are certainly not born with these diseases. It is the experiences they go through in life, perhaps the envy towards the privilege accorded to the opposite gender, which makes transgender what they are, and the apt term to describe these group of people would be "mentally-challenged".

• It is only real as a real mental defect.

If "transgender' is meant to identify someone who is using surgery to mask or hide from reality then it is real. But that is only as real as claiming the term 'gay' is appropriate for the illness of homosexuality. As if you are happy if you have a mental defect, and unhappy if you do not. There is no amount of lying to themselves through surgery that can change the fact of what these so called 'transgendered people' really are.

• No. It is impossible to be born in the wrong body

No, because the claim of the transgender are that they are born in the wrong body. There is no such thing. Your body is your body, you are born with it. Nobody puts you in the wrong body. Transgender are simply people who WISH they were born a different sex. It is no different than someone wishing they were born taller, skinnier, smarter etc. The only difference is that transgender wants to deny the truth and they are trying to force other people to enable their delusion by trying to "fight for their rights". No, you are not the opposite sex of what you are born as. And no, you cannot use the bathroom of your choice. No, we will not address you as she (transgender woman) or he (transgender man). You are are he (transgender man) and she (transgender man).

• Scientifically, no they are not

I was stuck between saying yes and no, because yes transgenders do exist. They are human beings.
    Although their belief of being born in the wrong body is a different topic.

I have two words for you. Gender Dysphoria, the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex.
    And yes, it is a mental disorder.

Here are some articles explaining Gender Dysphoria since I am too lazy with going into detail myself.

Http://www.M.Webmd.Com/a-to-z-guides/gender-dysphoria

http://cnsnews.Com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

http://www.Nhs.Uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/Pages/Introduction.Aspx

• Scientifically, no they are not.

I was stuck between saying yes and no. Because, yes transgenders do exist. They are human beings.

But I have two words for you: Gender Dysphoria, the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex.
    And yes, it is a mental disorder.

Changing your sex is biological impossible. Key word "biological".

Here's some articles explaining it since I'm too lazy to go into detail myself

https://medlineplus.Gov/ency/article/001527.Htm

http://www.M.Webmd.Com/a-to-z-guides/gender-dysphoria

• Scientists have identified that there is are differences between the male and female brain.

Basically what science says is that there are chemical and structural differences in male and female brains. This basically means that one cannot be born with a female brain when their chromosomes and XY. The chromosomes determine what kind of brain and body that the being will posses. So while the instance of people attempting to switch their genders exists, there is no scientific evidence that either:
    A) Genders can actually be switched. Chromosomes cannot be altered.
    Or
    B) There is a reason to switch genders. A male brain accompanies a male body and a female brain accompanies a female body. A person who truly feels they were born in the wrong gender is confused, and should seek professional help to treat these feelings.

• Transgenders Are Not Real

There are several important reasons why transgenders are not real. A major reason transgenders are not real is that is you are really a different gender then why were you not born that gender? A man is born a man, a woman a woman. If it is natural then why does it take so much effort to change genders completely. In addition, why do transgender people not marry straight people? If a man decides to be a woman, why would he not date a man like a woman would? It makes zero sense. They say they were born this way but they need surgery to make the change. Transgenders are not real.

• Its a delusion.

If you are born male or female, you will be male and female forever. Even though you underwent sex change surgery. It is simple biology. You might change your appearance, but your DNA, Genes, sex organs, chromosomes is still your birth sex. It is a delusion when you are trying to assert that you are a girl when you are born male. That is stupid. You cannot compromise the truth for a stupid fantasy. Feelings are not facts, And just because you've change your a appearance it does not tantamount of you for being a girl. They vare mutilating their body and denying their real identity. They have psychological issues and doing a transition is not scientific method, it is an optimistic approach to the problem. There are many former transgender people who undergone de-transition when they took psychological therapy and counselling. Their ideas are stupid and counter science. They needed help not transition. They look stupid and delusional.