Are US airport security regulations for flying too strict?

• Yes it is

TSA stopping people at random, to search their bags, order your shoes off, and searching your entire body is absolutely ridiculous. They check every little thing you bring on to make sure it's not a bomb. You never know, that bottle of water or toe nail clipper could be used as a weapon. :P Absolutely ridiculous.

• Yes!

The people voting No don't seem to understand how much of a pain in the butt airport security can be. If all they did was put you in a line to check your bags, scan you, etc, that wouldn't be a problem. The problem is they often go much further than that. They will randomly pull you aside, strip you down, ask you a bunch of stupid questions, drug test you, and more. My 4 year old cousin was randomly selected to be put in a drug/explosive testing chamber. I think it was pretty cruel and stupid of them to choose a little girl to test for drugs. She was terrified. I know a lot of other stories too. Plus, I doubt terrorists are targeting planes anymore. They'll be going after something else that won't be as expected - trains or cruise ships, perhaps. Even if they did try the suicide hijacking trick again, we've got undercover authorities on most flights these days.

• It's too strict that made me feel humiliated .

I was in one of US airports ,suddenly I noticed that I'm the only one who was stopped by them and asked me to go to a private room to check my hair and whole body. I was chocked why they did that with me and not with everyone . Did I look suspicious ? They asked me lots of questions even about my friend. They stopped him just because he is my friend. It was the first time for him to be treated like that in airport. They made me feel like I'm a criminal. I really hate it and it was humiliating. They don't do that drama in other countries .

• These incredibly invasive regulations offend the Constitution, without significantly improving security.

The increasingly strict and invasive security regulations serve no purpose, other than to enrich certain companies: the ones that make the scanning equipment and create an illusion of security. They have never prevented even a single terrorist attack. Indeed, they would have done nothing to catch the terrorists of 9/11. They are a political boondoggle that makes people feel safe, but does not actually make anyone safer.

Posted by: P4cBran
  • I believe airport security regulations are too strict because they do not do the job.

It is not so much that the rules are too strict as it is that they are too silly and are not utilized across the board. Everyone taking shoes off is just ridiculous. On a cruise ship security is tight and no one has to do this. And the x-ray process for baggage is different at different airports, so there is no consistency that would really help.

Posted by: AlondraH
  • Flying regulations are far too strict; they're based on inadequate information and faulty logic.

Bans on taking various things on aircraft, such as liquids and gels, are foolish because it has been proven that it is impossible to mix chemicals together in the way that the terrorist who had attempted this method intended. U.S. airport security should explore the Israeli technique for airline security, based on profiling and observation, rather than on assuming every passenger is a criminal and treating them as such. Israel is far more prone to terrorist attacks than the United States, and their security system is exemplary and should be understood more clearly.

Posted by: SlyHymie
  • U.S. security regulations are not too strict, and help with safety.

You can't be too strict when there are issues of safety. Asking someone to take off their shoes, or not bring full size bottles of health and beauty aids, isn't a threat to their personal liberty. It is simply a small way to ensure that security for all is achieved.

Posted by: lacarrillo
  • How can someone say no?

Yes, the world is a dangerous place, but security can't prevent from EVERY disastrous thing that happens, and creating ridiculous security regulations just wastes time and is proven ineffective, and simply unfair. There's a complete lack of respect for a person's right. No liquids more than 6 oz I believe? So if someone has a pinch of explosive or something hidden behind their ears they could just get away with that? That is a bad example, but if a dangerous object is small enough to get by, then how are airport security prevent that? Honestly people. I'm not saying that security is a bad thing and it is definitely necessary. But in terms of how it goes now, well, they just tend to go a bit overboard, and how are they protecting me by making me throw out my lotion because it's over a certain amount of ounces? What are they protecting me from? Good skin. Just saying.

• US airport security regulations are too strict because they go too far without actually helping.

US airport security regulations are too strict because they go too far without actually helping. If someone is determined to do something to a plane, they're going to find away. Even when we have all these draconian measures in place, people still manage to get stuff past security. The TSA is a poorly trained organization and make things worse. The terrorists win when we can't even bring shampoo in our carry-ons.

Posted by: H0bi3Invader
  • I think airport security regulations are too strict because too many innocent people are harassed.

I believe that airport security regulations for flying are too strict. Yes, we definitely need airport and airline security but it has to be reasonable. More concentration needs to be given to determining who the bad guys are and less time harassing children and grandmothers. Yes, everyone boarding an airline should be subjected to some security measures but something has got to be done to get better organization so that there will not be so many bottlenecks at our airports.

Posted by: R0d0Ferdy
  • Do you not remember 9/11/01?

Before 9/11 the security wasn't strict enough and the consequences for that is that over 3,000 people died. I would rather get pulled off to the side and and asked questioned than for 3,000 more people die. It is totally appropriate. Yes I agree that 20 minutes of your time is totally worth saving your life or thousands of others or both. So the next time you get pulled off to get questioned or patted down think of how many people have been saved through this process.

• Airport security is not strict enough. They need to do a better job of profiling potential terrorists and give them additional screening to check for bombs.

The terrorists will continue to watch how America reacts to any new terrorist attempt to look for weaknesses in the system that can be exploited. If anything the security needs to be tightened with updated databases of people that should be given additional screening before being allowed to fly. Sooner or later the terrorists will try to send someone on a plane with explosive device within a prosthetic arm or leg.

Posted by: ddeathnote
  • Airport security cannot be too strict.

Protecting fliers from terrorists, high jackers and just plain crazy people is extremely important. If anything, airport security measures are not strict enough, judging from recent events. Safety is the number one priority and if you want to arrive safely, submitting to security regulations is part of the process. Security risks have to be neutralized before they can do harm to others.

Posted by: BLeonard
  • I believe that airport security regulations are not too strict.

US airport security regulations are not too strict. We have learned that there is a threat from previous experiences, such as people trying to smuggle in liquid explosives and people trying to use show bombs. The current regulations that limit liquids to 3 oz. and requirements to remove shoes to be x-rayed are in place to keep passengers safe and should continue to be implemented.

Posted by: w00dwitch
  • US airport security regulations are not too strict if we want to protect our citizens from terrorist attacks.

Take the example of the "Christmas Day terrorist attempt in Detroit." Even the strictest regulations can't catch everyone who wants to destroy America. But at least we can try to protect flyers to the best of the ability of the airlines and the government. I know a lot of people object to all the fuss at the airports, but I welcome anything that will keep me safe and make me feel safe.

Posted by: BMaritza
  • US airport security regulations for flying are not too strict. The flying public can accept a little inconvenience to better ensure our safety.

There are many things that people can do on an airplane which can endanger all who are on the plane and people on the ground. A little inconvenience prior to boarding the plane can better ensure our safety. While I don't think the regulations currently in effect are too strict, I am not sure that every regulation is really effective to keep us safe. Some of the regulations could even be stricter. The risks of allowing just one weapon through to a plane outweigh the inconvenience before boarding the plane.

Posted by: 5kyErto
  • In order to protect the passengers effectively, it is important to have strict security regulations at US airports.

I believe that the only way to keep passengers safe is through the use of strict security regulations. Without the use of searches, scanners, and random checks, the passengers are at greater risk. It may be inconvenient to the passengers and the ticket cost may increase, but that is the price we must pay to have safe air travel.

Posted by: 5h4n3Got
  • <-------- i do not understand

Honestly, how long does it take to go through security? Maximum 20 mins. Is 20 minutes of your time worth saving your life? Even though it may seem ridiculous, they are doing you a favor by keeping you safe so you should be thankful. Human's can be crazy people, as we have seen in the past, so we should do as much as we possibly can to keep security strict.

• The U.S. airport security regulations are not too strict for flying, because you really can not do enough to keep us safe.

There are too many crazy people willing to do too many crazy things, in order to harm others. It has been proved, in more than one instance, when flying is involved. Because of this, you really can not do enough to try to keep people safe. This, therefore, means that U.S. airport security regulations for flying are not too strict.

Posted by: eyeslikethat
  • <------ who ever says yes oviously dont think aboutgetting from point a to point b safly!!

oviously every1 wants 2 live so in order 2 keep that request we need strict airport security. Would you rather e safe or sorry.?

Quan says2013-06-14T16:46:14.917
Successful attacks like 9/11 were not even common before these security measures were implemented. They waste everyone's time and money and infringe on the rights of American citizens.