• Anyone that says no should be slapped

My grandfather risked his life in Vietnam. They risk there lives for our freedom for us to have what we have in life. They do what they do because they love this country not because they have to. Heros don't fly around in tights they fight for our country they risk there lives they are amazing people and the people they say they aren't don't know sh*t about the military!

• Yes they are.

I do not agree with US foreign policy, and I don't think that most US wars were fought for good causes, but any Human being with a heart and conscience must respect one who gives all for what they believe in. These men and women fight selflessly in the firm belief that they are fighting for those back home. They are heroes.

• Well, yes, they are.

Beglfore I say anything, please know I am not a fan of the US. I am not a patriot, and I'm not American. Any martyr is a hero, I believe. They gave their lives for others, by choice. I would never be willing to give my life the way they do. I say the same for all soldiers, especially Australia's.

• Hero is not the right word

I guess that I don't know what the right word would be but I do think hero is not the right one. I am thinking willing, passionate, brave. I am planning on joining the armed forces so I guess I could find out more than. I also think that people should have respect and thank those who have served in the forces.

• Hero is not the right word

• You stupid if you think veterans are not heros

My grandad almost lost his life because of a bomb strike. But instead he has to live with a metal plate in his head for the rest of his life along with lots of scares. He was in world war II and if you could ask him this, what was the worst sight that you saw. It would be all the dead people that were once in a concintration camp for there whole lives.

• Risked there lives

They risked there live serving for our country. They deserve to be treated with respect. Some people arn't respectful to people who served for our country to give us freedom. Start respecting everyone and life will become easier than fighting with everyone about everything. And this advice is from a 6th grader who knows more than most people about respect so i suggest you listen.

• Freedom isn't free.

The reason why they kill so many people is not because they're killing maniacs. It's for the many freedoms that American civilians take for granted a lot. There's freedom of religion, freedom of speech (which is used a lot on this website), there's freedom of opinion, freedom of political party, all kinds of freedoms they don't have in other countries.

• If Only We Treated Them That Way

I must try to leave out the politics of the wars they have fought, but they have always gone out in defense of the United States and her allies. They have served so that we may have the freedom to debate this issue, and any issue we feel important. In return, I feel we have abandoned them, A war becomes unpopular and we take it out on those who were called for duty. I feel that our vets should be treated to the cream of the crop, they have gone out and lost their innocence, their health, their mental health, they've lost limbs and they lost lives. There is not enough we can give them to appreciate the service they have performed, and it seems to me like we have decided that's the case and given them nothing. That simply is not good enough.

• Yes they are

They are going out to fight for you while you sit at home and you are disagreeing with the fact they are heroes when you also probably don't know a fraction of the things they do or the reasons they're doing it, they literally volunteer to go while you sit at home on your computer trying to convince others they are not heroic in any way. Anyone who doesn't agree that our U.S. Soldiers are not heroes then rethink yourself and evaluate how you live and how much you serve others in your daily lives and how much risk you put out everyday for others you don't know.

• Being a veteran, I don't feel like a hero.

Maybe we are, but I sure don't feel like it. At least not the way I've been treated as a veteran. It's like society doesn't respect veterans as much anymore. Maybe they do, I sure haven't seen it. It seems to me all the evil that has been done overseas always drowns out the good we do. Not to mention, all the unnecessary developments that have taken place. Mainly, in the Navy. All these sexual assaults demonize the character of ALL military men and women everywhere. Especially those in the Navy who aren't pieces of crap. I can't help, but feel emotional about this subject.

• US Veterans are murderers.

Our veterans are no different then any other countries veterans. They are soldiers who killed for a cause they believed to be just, and most of the time wasn't. Most Americans don't think the WW2 Japanese or Viet-Kong were "heroes", yet they were no different then our soldiers it seems.

• Being a hero is almost the opposite to going to war.

People who go to war are understandable, they have been raised to love a country and a political view, but being a hero means sacrificing something personal for a good cause and war is no good cause. When we rise against those with power and refuse to take the weapons they give us, that is when we will be heroes.

• Soliders are idiots

Only idiots join the military and buy the propaganda that their government gives them. If you join the military as a combat solider then most likely you have killed that is to say to murder innocent people. No wonder they come back and want to kill themselves... They are evil.

• Do not support our troops.

End the worship of murderers. They are killers, and nothing more. They are bloodthirsty savages. Luckily, a lot of them are killed and maimed in battle. If you see a veteran, spit in his face. I'm so sick of this "fighting for our freedom" nonsense spewed by redneck hillbillies to justify their murder of innocent men, women, and children. My best friends dad was in Vietnam. When he gets drunk, he will tell you all about how his platoon murdered innocent farmers, women, and even babies. They raped, pillaged, and burned every village they passed through. All veterans are sickening.

• Hero is not the right word

• Noble intentions don't make a hero

If you rob a bank, but with the intention of giving all of the money to charity, you are still a bank robber. If you join the military with patriotic intentions, only to fight wars based on false premises, you are not a hero. You are an accomplice.

Awaken from your slumber. Please.

• You Got Paid

In my own opinion someone who is paid to do a job should not be considered a Hero, unless they go above and beyond what is expected of them. I know this seems harsh and I wouldn't apply this logic to those that were drafted. But an everyday solider is just doing his job.

• Victims not heroes.

Current veterans have been sent to fight in a war, that we can all agree, that was unjust. They went to war believing in an ideology that they were protecting our freedom, however, it is obvious that our freedom was never at risk. Now these young women and men come home with mental illness and a false sense of heroism when the truth is they are victims. The same way everyone else who was affected by war.

• Not current miltary veterans

Leading up to the Gulf war are veterans where heros. But now I feel like they expect to much from the public. Anyone who was drafted into the military ie Korean War l,Vietnam War,WW2 and so forth are heros . I saw a article that said that Iraq and Afghanistan veterans think there the most damaged veterans from any war. I don't believe that we have lost very few soldiers compared to other named conflicts. Today's veterans know the risk I also do believe that it is up to the government to take care of them not citizens that's why we pay taxes. What I don't also get is people troop worship now but hate police they both protect us from threats. Maybe that will change one day.