Are victims of sexual harassment often afraid to speak up for fear of losing their jobs?

• No one want to be labeled

Yes, I think that many victims of sexual harassment are afraid of speaking up because they believe that they will lose their job. A steady job is hard to come by and if it is a person in a position to take your job or a promotion away, then it is more than likely that the victim will not speak up when they are being harassed

• Yes, I was in a similar situation.

Yes, I was in a similar situation in that I didn't want to say anything, but worried if I didn't I could lose mine because I was the other person's boss. Fear often comes into play in sexual harassment because the person is often afraid of retaliation against them or that someone won't believe them.

• Victims of sexual harassment are often afraid to speak up for fear of losing their jobs.

Victims of sexual harassment are often afraid to speak up for fear of losing their jobs. It is very hard to be able to prove to anyone that the sexual harassment took place and then when you do you are often looked down upon by your fellow co-workers and staff.

• Victims are already victims once, they don't want to be a victim again.

Victims of sexual harassment often don't complain due to the fear of getting fired for "making waves about nothing." This is the unfortunate side effect left over from the era where women are seen as lesser beings. This sort of sexual harassment was not only accepted, but standard. Women need to know that this standard is not OK anymore and its fine to report it without fear of repurcussions.

• No they are not.

Sexual harassment is grossly over played up today. There are many laws and regulations in place to give someone who is a victim a really easy time getting the help and justice they need. If anything it needs to be relaxed as it is a really stressful part of a job.