• Addiction leading to more addiction

Kids who play video games when they are younger are introduced an addictive behavior which can effect them later in life. Them not being able to resist an addiction now can cause them to later become addicted to something else in life such as drugs, violence, or alcohol. That is why kids shouldn't be playing video games.

• Gaming helps gain no knowlege

The reason why I think video games are bad influence to people is because video games are very addictive, due to the fact that every year, months or even weeks new games come out that are better and more challenging. In games they have lots of different levels, the higher you get the more challenging it gets and that makes game lovers to become more competitive so that they can achieve the highest level as they possibly can. People wanting to achieve the highest level means that they will be spending more time on playing the game and trying to reach the highest level and will give less care in whats around them and doing there homework. So there u have my point.

• Worst Influence Ever

If you see what kind of games we play like rated M games they are a horrible influence . If they keep on making the games they make then possibly there will be more crimes commitied. But if they make less ratedM games then there will possibly be less crimes commitied.

• Worst Influence Ever

• Yes, kids don't do anything productive.

Yes, video games are a bad influence, because children do not spend any time doing anything else. Children do not spend time reading books. Children do not spend time making believe. They need to spend time in free play. Kids who play video games are influenced to be drones, instead of doing productive things that children need to do, like play.

• Got Addicted by Video Games

Sometimes video games are addicted to play for everyone, but do you ever think your work when you playing video games? Obviously you don't remember anything you supposed to do or finish. The causes of playing video games to much is you get dizzy and your eyes is hurt. I think video games are bad for people who likes playing video games

• Take games away

I think all video games are bad cause kids wont go play outside like we did and was active. Parents need to take video games away and make their kids go outside and they will see their kids do better in life. Believe me i know from my recent experience.

• They are the worst influence

Children who play more violent video games are more likely to have increased aggressive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and decreased pro social helping. Playing to much video games makes children socially isolated. Also, they may spend less time in other activities such as doing homework, reading, sports, and interacting with the family and friends. Games can confuse reality from fantasy. Video games may also have bad effects on some children’s health, including obesity. Kids spending too much time playing video games may exhibit impulsive behavior and have attention problems.

• They are a bad influence

I can understand why the people who play the games would say its not, its kind of like saying that music is bad for you but its not. Anyway people get addicted and start having impulsive behavior . I guess its ok to play once and a while but don't let it take up all of your time.

• It gives us knowledge

We will knowledge and we will know even how to operate and we will get to know how to use or search in 'GOOGLE' search any thing and we will enjoy by playing any thing. There many many things to do in laptop video games and some thing else etc.......

• Nope, they help

It teaches to follow directions and increases hand-eye coordination, problem solving skills, and accurate decision making. It also gives people the chance to meet others from all over the world. And gamers vs. Non gamers tests show gamers excel in several more regions than non gamers, and studies show that gamers brains are far more developed. You also learn teamwork, become more alert, and increases short term memory.

• Ratings for a reason!

People claim that video games are a bad influence. I say it is not if you follow the guidelines called ratings. If you play a violent game like call of duty or GTA V, then you'd be 17-18 and mature enough not to go out and kill some one just because of this video game

• Video games are not a bad influence on kids.

I've been playing video games since I was about 10. Half of my video games are violent, but none of them were ever a bad influence on my behavior. I'm too good! Just because I've played some bang-bang-shoot-'em-up for the past several years never made me aggressive. They are just a form of entertainment, after all. So I say that not all kids' violent behaviors are influenced by video games.

• Not realistic enough

They are not realistic because the blood in the game doesn't look real at all. Also you should be smart enough to know that they are fake.It also makes you concentrate better in school and any were else. It also helps your eyesight and your hand eye cordination. Violent video games are not bad for you.

• Lack of Evidence

The voters for 'Yes' are clearly ignorant of the people playing games. "They don't read books... Go outside..." Whilst I agree that videogames can be played excessively and lead to 'not having a life' for want of a better phrase, I can attest to the fact that as an avid gamer, gaming does not affect my studies - on track for As and A*s at GCSE; it does not stop me going outside - I am also in Explorer Scouts, having been in the organisation for 9 years now; and finally it does not - most definitely - stop me reading. I have read LotR completely twice now, read the entire Tom Clancy 'Jack Ryan' series about four times over, and I read Pride and Prejudice last year - in 2 weeks.

Seriously, the yes voters present and ignorant and biased anti-tech viewpoint that pollutes news almost as much as the 'controversy' over vaccines and autism.

• Not all games are a bad influence

I played nintendo games since I was 6 I grew up with mario,spyro and a lot of other charcters. Those games aren't to violent thats what nintendo and sega do they take a charcter that isn't considerd deadly and makes the gamer play as them. So not all games are bad

• Gaming isn't bad

Nearly everyone I KNOW plays violent video games and i haven't seen any of them going and killing people and stealing cars. If a child under the age of 6 is playing violent games that is a problem because they are to little, and shouldn't be allowed. As there are age restrictions to violent games. I don't think they should be going and playing GTA 5 or COD.

• Games are not the ones to blame.

Videogames are simply entertainment, they can be an escape from reality or they can simply bee a fun challenge for the player. ESRB ratings are there to keep kids from a certain age away from certain kinds of games. The moment we start believing that games have a bad influence on people, is the moment we decide to ignore the cause in real life that might lead to a person taking crazy actions into hands.
    I grew up with video games, frankly I think I cannot remember a single time when I have not had a gaming console of any kind, I played Doom back when I was about 7 years old, I grew up with GTA, Resident Evil and later on, Saints row, Man Hunt and many more. These were obviously not games suitable for a child , however, that does not mean I had to take them seriously, and I didn't. Weak minds and lack of communication from parents are what cause influential problems, NOT videogames.

• No they are entertainment

Video games are not a bad influence. They are menat to be entertainment and enjoyable. Yes there are a few games that may be too violent and can in fact be bad influences but on a whole video games are fun and enjoying. The few ruin it for the whole.

• Video Games Are Not a Bad Influence

No, video games are not a bad influence. Like other forms of media, video games are inherently neutral. The message of a video game depends upon its content, not its status of being a video game. Furthermore, the content of a video game being a good or bad influence can be debated for years, as can other forms of art and their content.