• We Are Very Lazy Today.

Today's generation is to entitled. It is wrong to teach your kids a lesson nowadays-which leaves them as entitled little spoiled brats. What happened to the generation that landed a man on the moon to make a political statement? Or the one that beat the Nazis in Europe because it had to be done? Or the one that defeated slavery? They were go-getters. Today we expect everything to be just handed to us. We don't want to do anything for ourselves. And to the few people who do-you are lucky. I like to associate myself with this group-the ones who are willing to work hard to accomplish their goals and make a difference in this world. Next time you're being a lazy bum ask yourself-am I working hard? If not, get up and do something. I hate to break to you, but life isn't easy. You don't get it just handed to you-it takes work, determination, and a desire to be great at everything you do. Unfortunately youth today don't have this.

And by the way, I'm a straight A 7th grade student.

• No we are not

We sprnd 7 to 11 hours in school we have co curricular activities supplementary remedials tution hw and more yet we still spend 9.5 hour on hw hows that lazy we use tech for help and a occasional break pls dont tell me u dont use tech if not ur just lying to urself

• No we are not

• Most kids in this genertion are lazy

Most adults alive today didn't have all the technology kids have now when they were growing up. That is why most adults are not big fans of video games and they charish nature and family bonding time. But kids these days grew up with lots of electronics and video games. I even once saw a 6 year old walking around with an iPhone 5. The reason most kids are lazy and hate school is because they grew up with all those video games. By playing video games, the kids don't want to do anything else. Why would they play with toys or go outside, or just spend time with family, if they have an Xbox, PlayStation, Phone, or whatever they have. Now a lot of kids depend on video games to keep them busy. And why all of this? Because parents buy their kids a phone or game consol at a young age, but then the kid becomes obsessed with it. It's fine to play video games here and there, but when you play it all the time, then that is a different story. I'm glad a grew up during a time when everybody wasn't obsessed with video games and actually went outside to play. Now it is hard to even get a kid outside So that is why I think this generation is lazy

• Most kids in this genertion are lazy

• We get whatever we want.

This is coming from someone who experiences this first-hand. This generation is a mess, we rely too much on technology and everyone else to do what we want. Parents don't want to be 'hard' on their children, and they turn out to be brats. This has corrupted this generation. People don't accept that life is difficult. They live in their parents houses because they thought that life was always going to be like elementary and middle school. WE ARE BRATS. We think that we can beat anything we want out of people, at the same time acting afraid of our parents like they're going to murder us for acting out in front of them. Adolescence are confusing, and I'm one of their peers. We think we'll always be able to sit in front of our television and eat junk food, and everything will turn out fine. YOU NEED TO WORK. My dad had to stop working for a while, and even with my mom working we began to go broke. This is life, and no one seems to accept this. At least not kids my age.

~A simple seventh grader.

• Technology is limiting our human capacity

Technology, although efficient, has made us depend on them too much and even has turned us into couch potatoes: why play outside when you can watch The Office on Netflix?, why proof-read your essay when you have a spell-check? Why use a dictionary if you can just Google it online?

• We expect high pay but won't work hard

Most people I know are too damn lazy to work hard but expect high paying salaries.
    I don't understand why so many people are so lazy.

This laziness unfortunately leads to immigrants being all too happy to take the jobs that locals are too lazy to do.

I'm all for immigration, but we should only allow those in that can contribute something that we're leaving skills in...Not too lazy to do.

• We are lazier than our parents

We slack off with jobs and are too busy on our cell phones than to look up at people when they are talking. When people are talking, we would much rather be listening to music and often leave earbuds dangling, acting like we don't even care. We are very lazy.

• From a Kid

This is such a simple question. We are lazy. Why? We are from a very wealthy country; therefore, Americans often tend very lazy. One family can be searching your backyard for food while you're watching The Hunger Games. How can we solve this? Volunteer to do work at your nearest animal shelter. Make a shoebox for an African child. We can make a difference. -Coming to you from a 6th grader.

• We aren't lazy

No, there are pockets of people that are chronically lazy, just like in any generation. There are things that seem lazy that are just us doing normal activities that every generation since the dawn of time have done in our own way. Why use a dictionary if you can just Google it online?

• We aren't lazy

• No we are not

• No we are not

• No we are not

• The young generation has been "lazy" for over 2000 years

Socrates, the famous philosopher, lived over 2400 years ago. He made this observation about the youth of his generation:
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
    authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
    of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    This is a direct comment on how lazy and rude the new generation is, but keep in mind this was said over 2000 years ago. People have been complaining about their youthful counterparts for a very long time, but they always seem to end up okay. I don't see this generation any differently
    Either way, we will without a doubt continue to complain about the younger generation far into the future.

• Technology and Safety

Our generation is not lazy. We take advantage of technology and because of this, there are many things that our parents do that we don't have too. All of the things that we now do over the internet, had to be done in other ways that took more time and work. So, were not lazy, we just take advantage of our technological advantage, which some people don't see as "being active" or "doing something"

I also think, that another reason that children might not get out as much is that fact that parents have become increasingly more protective of their children. My parents when they were kids would move around on their own, hang out, take buses places, and ride/around. Now, parents won't let kids do that. They drive us everywhere and are always making sure that we are all right and safe. This, however, limits us to getting out of the house and doing many things, unless are parents are able to drive us, or escort us to where we want to go.

• Technology and the Consequences

This generation is the most technologically advanced ever. We have access to the internet where knowledge is a Google search away instead of at a local library. We have ipads, ipods, iphones, computers, nooks and faster cars. Technology has made it where everything you could possibly want is within arms reach. Would I categorize every person as lazy? No But are their lazy people in the world? Yes. Is technology helping as much as harming our generation? Yes

• I keep hearing it, but I don't see it.

Okay, so we tend to play video games a lot and are on the computer a lot. So what? How is that so different than previous generations gathering at the fence for a chat or going to the fights on a regular basis?

The young people these days worked harder than any generation before them to get those high school diplomas, and there is more competition than there has been in several generations for both college admissions and decent jobs. Even in minimum wage jobs, people regularly work themselves to the bone, having one person to do what our parents had two or three to help with.

No, there are pockets of people that are chronically lazy, just like in any generation. There are things that seem lazy that are just us doing normal activities that every generation since the dawn of time have done in our own way.