• In a sense

I'm not sure what society you're talking about specifically, but in my society, the United States, I think we've been being brainwashed for a long time, and still are. We've just never been encouraged to think critically about things. We're always told/taught what to think, rather than how to think, which I consider tantamount to brainwashing.

We're encouraged in schools to stand in reverence and pledge allegiance to the flag before we're even taught why we owe our allegiance to it in the first place. We're told by every president that the United States is "exceptional", without any mention of what it is that we excel at. We're taught early on in our schooling that certain drugs are bad (marijuana, LSD, psylosybin, etc.) but are not told why they are bad, and nary a word is said of the harms of socially acceptable drugs such as alcohol, tobacco, oxycotin, or even pharmaceutical drugs that are often used in excess for recreational purposes, like children's cough syrup. Even in the media, we're often presented with a biased view of events, and they are often put through an ideological filter, and rather than presenting only facts the opinions of the reporter are reported along with it.

I recognize that the above may sound dramatic because I'm calling it "brainwashing", but I concede that it is fairly mild brainwashing compared to what has gone on in the past or what still goes on in other parts of the world. But it's simply a fact that there is still some brainwashing that goes on in modern Western society, and it continues unchecked because we are all accustomed to it and it is so deeply fixed into our society that we never even notice it. But the fact that we do and believe things based on social conditioning rather than critical thought is a positive indication of brainwashing that still takes place in society.

• Yes, especially with NK.

Seriously, NK is not what you think it is. There is no evidence of camps, that is all in the US.

From a young age, no matter what country you are from, we are all brainwashed to fit the Neo-Supermacist ideas. Girls are pressured to be slim, blonde or they don't get a life. Boys are supposed to be soldiers, tough, or they too don't get a life.

Don't you see it? WWII never ended Hitler's ideals. It was carried by the allies (except the USSR) who then used it to create an army to defeat the Warsaw Pact, China, NK and other Socialist/Communist countries.

Don't take the media for your news! We have a brain, so we must use it!

• Its sad how far America has fallen

People are taught from birth to think a certain way by t.v. and the education system. Unfortunately most people don't know or care and mindlessly repeat what they're told without a second thought. Even worse is the fact that they attack anyone who goes against what they have been taught without thinking that it might be true. Alot of people also conform to fit in even if they think differently from anyone else

• Yes indeed I'm afraid.

Nobody has their own opinions, thoughts or morals these days society is just one big judgemental cancer repeating what other people have said and told them is true and how to think. Very frustrating in my opinion, we're animals on a rock in space and we're all equal... Theirs no right or wrong just do what you want and be nice to each other, it's all a big scam for people to become richer somewhere down the line anyway.

• Yes indeed I'm afraid.

• Of course we are

Of course we are being brainwashed, daily and from different directions. It's being drilled into our heads that socialism is good, there is no such thing as morals, there is no absolute truth, there is no God, marriage is no longer a valid institution, sleeping around is fine, abortion is fine, etc., etc.

• Television Television Television

All i gotta say is TV TURN THEM OFF!!! Think about it if you wake up to watch the news every day then you are pretty much downloading the news into your brain like a computer, Think about the shows like MTV and BET our youth downloads every thing those shows put out! WAKE UP PEOPLE!
    Matthew 4:17 "REPENT, FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND."

• Brainwashed in US society

We are constructed to think that certain mannerism are correct and incorrect. Men and woman have to act a certain way and also if people do not follow norms they are considered weird or an outcast. Especially for homosexuals or the disabled population. I do not think it is fair. We should all live our lives we want to live instead of following these stupid norms and ideas that supposivley society has created to make the world "better".

• It depends on how you are defining brainwashing.

It depends on how you are defining brainwashing.

This is from Merrian-Webster.

Definition of BRAINWASHING

1. a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas

2. persuasion by propaganda or salesmanship

Is cultural imprinting really any different than forcible indoctrination?

Cultural imprinting is the process whereby almost everyone in a particular culture acquires the customs and beliefs of the majority in that culture, especially those born into that culture.

Is cultural imprinting the same as brainwashing as defined as forcible indoctrination?

I guess that depends on your perspective. Children usually have no choice to reject the beliefs of their culture as children. Most will keep those beliefs even as adults.

This is why it will take a very long time, if ever, to eliminate religious beliefs that are all based on superstitious dogma.

Unless all people learn to question the validity of their beliefs, they will be victims of cultural imprinting or cultural brainwashing.