• Jesus christ is coming back soon

Please follow Jesus before its too late! We live in the end times! We all have an eternal life to live. There is not much time left!

L l l l l l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

• In a sense

I'm not sure what society you're talking about specifically, but in my society, the United States, I think we've been being brainwashed for a long time, and still are. We've just never been encouraged to think critically about things. We're always told/taught what to think, rather than how to think, which I consider tantamount to brainwashing.

We're encouraged in schools to stand in reverence and pledge allegiance to the flag before we're even taught why we owe our allegiance to it in the first place. We're told by every president that the United States is "exceptional", without any mention of what it is that we excel at. We're taught early on in our schooling that certain drugs are bad (marijuana, LSD, psylosybin, etc.) but are not told why they are bad, and nary a word is said of the harms of socially acceptable drugs such as alcohol, tobacco, oxycotin, or even pharmaceutical drugs that are often used in excess for recreational purposes, like children's cough syrup. Even in the media, we're often presented with a biased view of events, and they are often put through an ideological filter, and rather than presenting only facts the opinions of the reporter are reported along with it.

I recognize that the above may sound dramatic because I'm calling it "brainwashing", but I concede that it is fairly mild brainwashing compared to what has gone on in the past or what still goes on in other parts of the world. But it's simply a fact that there is still some brainwashing that goes on in modern Western society, and it continues unchecked because we are all accustomed to it and it is so deeply fixed into our society that we never even notice it. But the fact that we do and believe things based on social conditioning rather than critical thought is a positive indication of brainwashing that still takes place in society.

• Everything is a brainwash

From the moment you start school is the moment "they" start re-programming you. They fill your head with restrictions saying "you can't do this". They teach you if you are "bad" or "disobedient" to "their" system you will be punished. And if your follow the system you will be rewarded. They are re-programming your way of thinking and restricting our minds. We are constantly being told what we can and can't do which leads to self-doubt. We as humans have the capability to access our entire minds, but because of the mass brainwashing from the media. Government, schools etc we have been taught to doubt our own abilities. The system is almost impossible to escape because we are trapped by the poisons they are constantly spraying in the sky, in our food, the poison they spread through the media and so called "education".

• I work for the federal government

This just a quick example. 2 weeks ago I sent out a emailed survey saying that diversity of sex and race has nothing to do with strength. I said race and sex should have nothing to do with hiring. A week later our whole office had stupid brochures on cultural diversity. They claimed that only smart people understand that strength is found in birth characteristic differences. I found this laughable because they spent extra money outside of typical emails to try to insult my independent thought. Why would you pentalize or favor people based on characteristics they cannot control?

America has become a illogical nightmare esspecially for christian white heterosexual males. America has fallen. 3rd world here we come.

• We are valued for an online presence more so than what we have to offer each other in the real and present sense!

The youth of our nation are engulfed in an existence of superficial achievements. The modern society leaves people feeling a sense of 'unimportance' if they are not admired or acknowledged through some means of technology. We are losing our ability to hold meaningful relationships and losing our ability to read the social cues and behaviors that guide our decisions and responses. The divide between cultures and classes is widening instead of closing. We are not 'entitled' to pride and self-worth... Pride and self-worth or self-esteem should be earned. Not just granted through entitlement.

• Research everything for yourself.

The earth is not a sphere, dinosaurs are fake, evolution is a lie, satellites are bullshit, we are not orbiting around the sun, we are not rotating 1,000 miles per hour. The moon landing is fake, we are not 93 million miles from the sun. Global warming and climate change are lies.

• Damn, I'm good!

This is SO GREAT to see that I'm not the only one in the world who thinks that we humans are becoming some kind of artificial intelligence. I'm only 16 and figured this crap out without the frickin' internet or others' messed up perspectives. No more robot civilization for me..... I'm packing up my stuff and living like the cavemen did!!!!!!

• Damn, I'm good!

• It's quite obvious!

From the news media to Hollywood trash to the indoctrination at our college universities. We are losing our minds. Political correctness compounds all these problems which already exist in society, but are allowed to flourish. If we continue down this path we are doomed. Wake up!!!!! Your being lied to!!! It's unbelievable to see a people so lost, so saturated with lies and propaganda to cheer for policies that will in time lead to their demise. Our democracy is government by the sheep, supervised by the Shepard's, in the interest of the wolves.

• u.s. GREEN PARTY =Washington Ever Green State

The license plates of cars of Washington proclaim Washington is The Ever Green State and that should lead to voting for party backing solar power non oil powered cars.Also voting for U.S. Green Party better tactic than the terrorism propagandiized by media i reference to U.S. population of Middle Eastern descent

• It depends on how you are defining brainwashing.

It depends on how you are defining brainwashing.

This is from Merrian-Webster.

Definition of BRAINWASHING

1. a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas

2. persuasion by propaganda or salesmanship

Is cultural imprinting really any different than forcible indoctrination?

Cultural imprinting is the process whereby almost everyone in a particular culture acquires the customs and beliefs of the majority in that culture, especially those born into that culture.

Is cultural imprinting the same as brainwashing as defined as forcible indoctrination?

I guess that depends on your perspective. Children usually have no choice to reject the beliefs of their culture as children. Most will keep those beliefs even as adults.

This is why it will take a very long time, if ever, to eliminate religious beliefs that are all based on superstitious dogma.

Unless all people learn to question the validity of their beliefs, they will be victims of cultural imprinting or cultural brainwashing.

• Secularism doesn't have room for brainwashing

Because it's required to change it's position on finding new facts. Unlike religions who refuse to challenge their own ideas 'because holy book/person said so'. Brainwashing happens when you refuse to accept outside information as true, even if it has been proved to be. My European/Western society doesn't do that, theocracies do. Yes there are still some problems in the West, but I wouldn't call it brainwashing .

• You're brainwashing your self!

As children and still as adults we are told to follow our dream and when we become of age only we can decide for our selves what to believe, what religion to follow if any or who to vote for as an example. Those who believe brainwashing to be true are allowing it to happen to themselves. Spend less time thinking about how you are being brainwashed and more time on your own choices, that come from you and try not to think what influences it. Brain washing may not be real but influencing is.