• Too Dependent.

We have become too dependent on computers for answers, personal interactions, and we spend way too much time on them. If we used the computers for learning and as a tool this issue wouldn't be as big. The sad truth is that people use this great tool for an easy way to get out of face to face interactions with other people. In 10-20 years it is said that there will be a computer smarter than the whole human race alive today. That is a scary future that we don't have to look very far to.

• Our Children are the product of our Technology

Thirty years ago, 90% of the kids were outside getting oxygen and playing sports. In addition, they were building forts and enjoying life. In this day an age, more than 75% of our children are playing video games and staying indoors. Now, our dilemma is that we are having a weight issue with our children. Child obesity is a growing concern with our nation.

• Yes, because we rely on them way too much.

They kind of take over kids' everyday lives. Kids are always playing uneducated games on them. As soon as they get home from school, they head straight for the computer. We save too much important information on them as well. If the computer crashes, we will no longer have all of that information. And, we can't learn cursive writing anymore. When kids grow up, they're going to have jobs and will need to sign for things. They aren't going to be able to sign for those things because they won't know their signature! Even though computers are very useful for ALL places around the world, we still shouldn't be so dependent on them.

We are too dependent on computers to do everything for us and soon we won't be doing anything but using our computers or cell phones to do everything instead of just trying it ourselves. So I clearly stated yes we depend on computers too much and I think we need to take a break from them every once in a while.

People might think we are not overly dependent on computers but we are. We use computers a lot of times to download games, downloading apps, and also for lots of other things like using Facebook. When the computer or the internet go down, people freak out which shows we are entirely too dependent because we can't do anything without computers. For example if we want to pay we will pay from the net, if we want to buy we will buy from net. Humans are getting lazy because of this computer. Computers are to be used in good way, but some children used in wrong way.

• Computers have taken over our lives.

Computers are great things, and are very useful in everyday life, but they create a certain distraction which just overpowers our will to stay away from the computer. In our modern day world, computers are absolutely essential and all around us, at work, at schools, at malls etc. It is impossible to run away from these devices and we've become so dependent on it that we just can't do things on our own now. For example, say you were doing some homework and you couldn't figure out the answer, instead of trying to understand the problem or asking a peer for help, you go onto Google and find the answer. The attachment takes away from our independent thinking and will remain with us until we learn become less dependent on the computers.

• Yes.

Computers are great things, and are very useful in everyday life, but they create a certain distraction which just overpowers our will to stay away from the computer. In our modern day world, computers are absolutely essential and all around us, at work, at schools, at malls, etc. It is impossible to run away from these devices and we've become so dependent on it that we just can't do things on our own now. For example, say you were doing some homework and you couldn't figure out the answer, instead of trying to understand the problem or asking a peer for help, you go onto Google and find the answer. The attachment takes away from our independent thinking and will remain with us until we learn become less dependent on the computers.

• Yes, I think so.

Today’s people are too dependent on computers. Did you see kids in
    today’s world? They are relying on computers and cell phones.
    People are too dependent in today’s world about computers because they cannot do anything without computers. People are using too much computers. People use computers every time they use them for their jobs, games, TV and many other things.
    Today kids are too dependent on computers and cell phones. Kids play 6 hours a day on the XBOX on weekdays, 12 hours on weekends. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS! This is the real world. This is not the kids’ fault. This is the parents’ fault that they let them play like that.

• No one has stated a huge valid point on why computers are taking over our lives & HERES WHY !!!! HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS!!!

Have you ever been in a room with six people and no one was talking? No one was sitting up straight , no one had their heads up, it was kind of a sulky , sad , depressing atmosphere right? That would be a typical American household in the future. If it hasn't hit your family by now, it will; bc it sure has hit mine. Everyone is constantly on their iPhones, iPads, or Galaxies (Which ARE computers) and they never ever plan on getting off of it.. The only thing they want to do is UPGRADE it. When Its at 15% battery life , someone will cry out "OH NO WHERES MY CHARGER I GOTTA CHARGE MY PHONE ITS GOING TO DIE" - you see that just hit me right there. The anxiety and fear and panic of a smeesly little phone is going to "Turn off" but we substituted it as "Its DEAD" , which clearly makes people feel like THEY ARE DEAD. They feel like they are nothing, like they are worthless. When someones phone does die they are instantly sad and bored and angry and they complain about how they're phone is dead and they wish it had battery percentage. Why are they feeling this down over a phone when there are 10 other people in the room they can converse with? The sayings "I CANT LIVE WITH OUT MY PHONE!" just mind boggles me... We ALL LIVED ONCE. We ALL LIVED when there wasn't a cellular phone or computer in sight! I am so thankful to have been able to live my 10 years of life to know exactly what life was like with out a computer or cell phone. I remember having real genuine feelings and emotions towards others and for those real and genuine feelings came in return to me. However now it all just feels scripted. The tone and the dialogue between a person and I is always the same. Time has gone passed and its been years of the same conversations online . Who wants to live like that? What memories can you remember online all day?

There are so many reasons why computers are being used way too much , people DRIVE while on their computers / cell phones . They EAT at dinner with their family while on their cell phones. People WATCH TV and are on their cell phones or computer .

• Yes we are

Why not the people saying no should make sense that they have also used a computer to support their opinion and they are saying that computer is not a necessity do they know that 50% farming in US will stop without computers .. Ya thats a fact boys we need to realise

• A tragedy waiting to happen

I haven't a clue where or when but I think it is a fair bet that in the next 10 years or so there will be a major catastrophe where one of the main factors will be excessive software complexity.
    It might well involve banking, or maybe logistics. Most people these days live in huge cities where vast quantities of food have to be brought it. If that were seriously disrupted the army and police in most countries would not have sufficient numbers to prevent the serious breakdown in order which would ensue.

On a smaller scale, most people these days are struggling to cope with the new operating systems, particularly Windows 7 and the nightmare that is Windows 8. People simply don't understand why their machines are going wrong. They don't understand about "account control" and security systems.

At the other end of the spectrum we have desperately poor people in desperately poor countries who have little cash but a great deal of time to master the black arts of cyber crime. And of course you can commit cyber crime half way across the world. Nobody knows how much the banks and other institutions are losing to theft or paying out to cyber protection rackets.

• WE ARE NOT DEPENDENT ON COMPUTERS

man created computers and today if we think of a year,month atleast a day without computer no person will be able to survive without computers the whole world will be stopped man invented computers to make our live easy and i don't think we are doing more than to make our live easy

• Are we too dependent on our hands?

Computers are an extension of the human body, just as all tools are. Would we say that people are too dependent on cars? Gas? Electricity? Toilets? Homes? All the arguments that the pro side are either invalid, or they don't realize that what they are saying applies to EVERYTHING. An interesting experiment for everybody, especially those on the proponency, is to take all the proponency arguments, and apply them to the word "house" or "car" or "paper" or "pencil" or "farming" are we too dependent on having a roof over our head? It's the same as having a computer.

• No. Computers are tools essential for today's lifestyle.

The invention of the computer has been effective and efficient. Computers offer a variety of resources from social networking, marketing websites, educational websites, software, databases, and so much more. With these resources, construction and creativity have increased, and you can connect with anyone around the world. Computers are also a fast and easy way for research, obviously faster than going to a library. We do not rely on computers too much; we merely use them for our aid.
    The technology of computers is an excellent way to help students so that they may learn better and be more productive. As computers advance, they will become more and more essential for today's lifestyle.
    Computers offer many advantages, such as:
    - Producing documents with ease
    - Business more efficient
    - Edit photos, video, and more
    - Share ideas worldwide
    - Being able to store large amounts of data
    - Extremely fast and accurate
    - Bridging cultural gap
    So you see, computers are certainly a neccessary part of our everyday lives.

• We need them

We as people on planet earth have technology to do almost anything. Its hard to name one thing a computer cant do. It can do just about anything. They can take care of kids, they can drive, they can mine, and they can do so much more. I honestly think that humans could be more reliant on computers.

• We are not "too" dependent, we simply make our lives easier with them.

If we were to dependent on them we would not have survived in the past, we have survived with out them until created, now they exist it only makes our life less complex. I do agree that people may use them extensively but not to the point where you could not live with out them.

• Yup were addicted

Seeing as how most countries store lots of their personal info. On computers what happens when computer crash. We lose that info, or if you ask any normal technology addict to spend a day without technology they say they can but in reality they cant go even an hour without checking instagram or tweets etc.

• Yes we are

I am like addicted to my computer. I come home from school and am on my phone or tablet or laptop like all day. And then repeat what i am doing everyday. I use my phone even when i am hanging out with friends. I use it to talk to my girlfriend all day too. So yea we are addicted or atleast i am

• We Use Them a Lot, But We Are Not Dependable

We use computers all the time, I do, and you mostly likely do as well (because you're reading on a website from a computer), but we don't need computers, in fact we have been living for over 2000 years without computers! If computers vanished there could be chaos for about a few years because of how much we over use it, and then we will be living as we once did before computers even existed, and there will be peace. Farmers will be able to grow food without automated system, governments will be no longer require the computers it once had (who wants a programmable nuke anyways?), and the mail service will get very rich from all the deliveries.

• Yes we are!

I agree with everyone that says yes we are too dependent on computers! I've noticed because when I am with my family, there always on either the iPhone or iPad. I admit I'm ALWAYS on my phone but not as much as my family... My mum and little brothers are always on there iPhones or iPads and when the internet is cut off my little brothers start to moan about not getting on YouTube or there games because they require internet so we are too dependent on computers.

Also I've noticed when I am at a friends house there either sitting on there phones or Xbox or PlayStation.

Also I'm 15 years old and I cant stand my phone.

• That is a ridiculous thing to say

Have we become too dependent on fire? Have we become too dependent on the wheel? Have we become too dependent on cars and other motorized transportation? Have we become too dependent on electricity? The fact that the majority say "yes" shows how much people don't use their heads. Technology is meant to make life easier, and computers do just that. The key is self control, and just like we have people who use computers too much, we have people will get in their car to drive down the block, actually we as a civilization would collapse if all motorized vehicles were gone tomorrow.