Are we too reliant on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets?

• We cant live without them

I know that if I lose my Phone for a second, I freak out. We could be fine if we lost keys, but once we lose our phones we go into a panic and have to basically stop the world if we don't have them. We also use them for everything such as making grocery list, finding direction, communication and other things.

• How smart are we really without our phone?

People now in the 2016 are depending on our phones WAYYY to much. We always order food and clothes from online and many other things. We can now pay bill, start our cars, and get alps,many more too. We need to stop using phones and start doing things for our self's.

• This why we need to cut back on our uses

Humans have become too dependent on phones. Nobody knows a phone number because we have it in our contacts. If you lost your cellphone and all of your contacts, it’s very possible you’d have no idea how to get in contact with anyone, let alone someone important to you.
    Next there has been a decrease in face-to-face communication. The presence of a cell phone while two or more people are talking face-to-face can generate negative feelings toward the person who has his or her device visible.
    Another drawback with new technology, such as social media, is that there are countless examples when people create rumors. For example, the Boston Marathon bombings on April 15 which stated that an 8-year-old girl was killed in the blast when it was actually an 8-year-old boy.
    Then, when you have a phone you might have an increase in stress. The high frequency of cell phone use can have negative effects on our stress levels. The constant ringing, vibrating alerts, and reminders can put a cell phone user on edge.
    We're really starting to allow technology to do some things that our brains used to do, or have to be more involved in. This would include making appointments math or Additionally, researchers have found that when we don't know something, sometimes we automatically think, Google. We need to use our heads, not just our thumbs.

• Y e s

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Yes we are.

Yes, we are too reliant on mobile devices such as the tablet and smart phones. I think we need to learn about ways to get information we need or a phone from other areas in case we ever have to go without our mobile devices, that way we will be fine in emergencies.

• Everyone Wants To Be Connected

I believe we are too reliant on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. I believe people expect to receive a prompt answer when attempting to contact people anymore and I think that is an unfair assumption. There are many people who do not hold their phone every second of the day and do not want to.

• Yes, our devices are not truly reliable, yet

No one can safely rely on Googling or using GPS while
    driving, and it is rightly illegal to hold a phone and talk behind the wheel. Some
    people have walked into poles while using their phones, and others have been
    robbed because they were oblivious to their surroundings. In their present
    forms, our devices are not reliable. However, as our gadgets become more integrated
    with our bodies, as glasses, contact lenses, and eventually implants, their use
    will become more natural, and less invasive and clunky. Then we will truly be
    able to rely upon them.

• Yes, technology is allowing us not to think as much.

We're really starting to allow technology to do some things that our brains used to do, or have to be more involved in. This would include making appointments and remembering basic things. Researchers are even finding that young people rely on technology so much to remember things that they're getting something akin to dementia from it. Unlike dementia in the elderly, though, it's reversible if kids stop relying a lot on these devices. We shouldn't allow technology devices to allow us to become lazy. Additionally, researchers have found that when we don't know something, sometimes we automatically think, "Google!" We need to use our heads, not just our thumbs.

• Mobile devices have caused young people to not need to remember

Only a decade ago, you needed to learn and remember everything you might need the answer to in life. Now, we have the answer to almost any question in the palm of our hands. I believe the access to knowledge does make us more advanced as a society, but I've witnessed young people lately that don't retain as much of the information they learn, confident in technology to answer their questions. In the event of a global shutdown of technology, these young people wouldn't know how to conduct themselves!

• It's my life

I think we've become way too dependent on these gadgets. I have a hard time recalling what I did to pass the time even 10 years ago. I know I played console games, but even then I thought there has to be something more. It Might be fun to go a couple days without gadgets and reconnect with friends.

• No we dont

Some people use teknogy for good resons keeekejehddh dnd r d e e e e r r r f r r r r r r r r r r r f. R r t t t t t t tt. Tr d e ed f f f f fr d d d

• No we not

THATS BECAUSE PEOOPLE USE TECHNOLOGY FOR EARNING MONey
    if we donot we no earn enuff money so we bankrupt so econoy lousy.

Uzzerwise, people will be very violent since they are deprived of their freedom to use the comouter or their devices, for that matter. Do you get it or not

• Reliant on the Internet

We are not so much reliant on the technology of phones but more on the features that support it. The technology is always changing so that it will be more useful to a wider audience but the fact that technology is changing we will only be as reliant on the technology as long as their are features to support it. Younger people will only be reliant on them because they have no responsibilities whereas an adult has a lot more responsibilities to use the technology as efficiently than that of a person who uses one frequently

• We are not too reliant on mobile devices

We are not too reliant on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. This is because it is only natural for humans to embrace and connect with technology. As it might appear that we are too reliant on these things due to negative consequences, it can be noted that the positive outcome of relying on these tools far outweighs the negative.