• School web blocking is bad!

I think That because it blocks important stuff like websites I need for American History 1, what I was searching up was how much an 1800's train ticket was and it was blocked. I was doing it so I can finish a chart so I don't have blank answers. So that's why I say yes.

• School web blocking is bad!

• Filtering out topics

I tried looking for a website for an argumentative prompt on should computer games be used as instructive lessons and the whole entire topic was blocked because it had the word game in it, I'm trying to pass my English class and I can't even look up a topic that I'm interested in.

• Are School Website Filters Too Restrictive?

Have you ever turned on your Chromebook, or electronic device at school, to go on a safe and appropriate website just to find it blocked/restricted? Well, ever since a law passed Congress in the year 2000, it is required for all public libraries and schools to receive federal funds for internet access to install blocking software. The Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) specifically requires schools and libraries to block or filter internet access to websites and material that are deemed inappropriate for kids. But many students in a countless number of different schools and districts are now experiencing the problem of over-restrictive web-filtering systems on their computers or devices. Take student Gheff for example, who commented on a Student Opinion question about website restriction, describing his own problems and dilemmas, saying “Just recently I was doing a project on Super Smash Bros. And its history for web design. I could not even get to the REAL website which gives information from the creator and what will happen next with the game. For this, I had to change my topic to something I was not really wanting to learn more on.” At school, the devices we are given are supposed to help us with research and learning, not disable us from doing certain topics or research we want to do. Although some websites are definitely inappropriate for children, I believe that the web-filters at schools should be lessened, and students should be given more freedom in searching and going on certain websites that are appropriate for school.

Many different websites that are safe for school are being blocked by these filtering systems. These filtering systems are supposed to restrict certain inappropriate websites, and not restrict the student from going on educational and productive websites. Websites categories that are unnecessarily blocked can be music, games, social media, and certain news programs that are deemed inappropriate. But sometimes, these websites are harmless and safe for children, and not at all dangerous. But still, many students are having problems accessing websites like Buzzfeed, Youtube, Wikipedia, Google Translate, and much more websites, that should not be restricted, but are.

• School web filters are too ridiculous

Back in the old days when things weren't as restrictive, teachers would be able to choose if they wanted their students to play games or listen to music in free time. I miss the days when I could get out my earbuds and listen to music during work time if the teacher permitted it. Now, even if the teacher is fine with it, practically all music is blocked. No YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, etc. It's sad. I think it should be the teacher's decision.

• Schools overuse it

The only thing schools have to block is CHILD PORNOGRAPHY, not GAMING, SOCIAL NETWORKING, and MUSIC. Schools are creating a dystopian world by replicating China's Great Firewall. This is not fair for students who can't even access this on their own devices. I have to suffer from GoGuardian, which is EVEN WORSE.

• The web filters are too strict for research purposes

Web filters might be used as a way to persuade kids away from playing games and doing unschool related activities, but in the end the schools are really not making the right choice. If the students are going to play games, they are going to find a way to play games. And if the kids are going to do very bad and harmful things on the Internet. Then you can have a 1 on 1 conversation about that, just track the students history, don't block every website that you can. Just give the students freedom and trust them. It's the only way to make them have happy.

• School filters are ridiculous

We used to have several school related games we were allowed to play such as cool math which I might add was fun. We used to be able to listen to while we worked teachers said it helps your creative juices flow. I will admit that some blocks on you tube are understandable but when you give someone a assignment and tell them to go to the link but said link in blocked that is a little on the irritating side.

• It is bad

As I wound my hands in a twisting motion around the cap for it to open, I contemplated all the things in my life that have led up to this moment. Not a whole lot. I lost all my worries as the sharp scent came wafting up from the bottle to my nose. It smelled… There are no words in the English language just to describe how it smelled. It smelled like worlds colliding. It smelled like the last croak of the poor, pathetic pidgeon as a one-hundred-and-twenty-pound rat leaps out of the sewer grate and swallows it whole. I don’t know how they do it, but they seemed to make it smell welcoming, but sharp as razor wire and somehow sweet and pungent, like old memories before my life took a sharp turn for the worse. It seemed to be a decision already made, to drink this apparently toxic fluid for sheer somewhat inhuman enjoyment. I took my hand and dipped my finger into the top of the bottle, just catching a small drop of liquid on the tip of my finger. When the satiating white liquid oozed down my throat, I knew it in my burning and aching heart that I needed more. I grabbed a large glass, one that I got from my mother. Just staring at the taunting glassware made me have to push feelings down, somewhere where I would never see them. Never hear a peep from them ever again. I raised the glass, as the feelings that made me human, who I am, were safely tucked away. Never to be seen once again. Pouring it in my mouth, the extraordinary drink made my mouth melt with a burning sensation. Literally. As I felt my insides slowly melt, the star of the show was when my stomach lining fell apart, burning a hole in my internal organs and causing me much agony, but every bit of it was matched with a sensation of which the likes of has never been felt before. Collapsing to the ground, the intense pain causing all my muscles to contract immensely and my brain to halt to an abrupt stop, I was only able to croak out a single measly sentence before my vocal chords disintegrated. I wanted to get the word of my drink out to the world. Thinking took too much time. I could only say one faint word. The name of this beautiful, fiery, delectable, world-ending drink. Bleach.

• Too restrictive ...

The schools are trying to block literally everything on the freaking web. It is like an apocalypse. One day, I can get to Cool Math Games, the next it is blocked. And for what? The satisfaction that teachers and the tech department are cruel people? What harm does playing Cool Math Games have on students? They are a great way of relieving stress through out the school day. I'm doing a project right now for a class and it gets really stressful typing away at the computer for an hour, and all you want to do is play one game to get your head back on your shoulders.

• Kids take it for granted.

The kids think they are smarted than the teachers and they go and see pornography and they also play games. The teachers should tell them not to open the computers or devices till they need to open them. The teachers also need to face all the computers in their way

• Jkhjmk jhg jg

Jkhbj h v v v v v v b b bb b b b b b b b b b bb bb b b b b n b jj j j j j jj j j jgg g g gg g g g g g g g gg g g g

• This side is shorter :3

Not all things are so furtrating you want to break your schools computers, but many things are. Most schools have filters that are too filterd, some schools have the exact opposite. There are many ways to get around or past a filter or fire wall but it is extreamly hard, it used to be supper easy. You used to be able to hit some key in a spesific order to completly break the entire fire wall for every computer. And it was fun.......

• Schools restrict certain websites not only to keep the students on task, but to keep them pure until they're ready.

Web filters are used to keep the student from getting onto gaming websites and social networking websites as well. A student should do these things at home, not only do they distract the child, but may present information made for mature audiences. It saddens me to know that students think these are bad things. They narrow down research to the good things.

• Jkhjmk jhg jg

• Jkhjmk jhg jg

• Jkhjmk jhg jg