Are white people more privileged than black people?

• This is the most redundant queston ever

Of course they are! White people don't get judged when they walk in a room full of white poeple! They are the dominant race and will be for a long time. Look at the history of black people and ask this question again. It wasn't that long ago that blacks were denied entry into public buildings and denied jobs when they were clealry qualified. Less than a 100 years ago. My dad remembers when he was growing up how he wasn't allowed to play on the same playground as the rest of the white kids in his neighborhood. Just becuase there aren't signs up now doesn't mean people don't still think this way.

• Yes, because we are different.

While other races including "white" (irish) also came to America and were treated horribly they were able to assimilate because of there skin color and features. It's different for us because our skin color makes us readily recognizable as black. White people don't have to be judged everyday just for being themselves.

• Better because of the color of the blacks skin.

African-Americans are same with Caucasians. When we look back into the past we see every race starting in Africa. Today we see almost every race fighting against and with one another. The African race is having it the worst. Whites do the crime and we as the African race do the time. Whether it is drugs, possession of a weapon, or just being an African-American.

• Yes, because white people typically come from a more socioeconomically stable background.

Although it is true that not every white person is more privileged than every black person is, it is true that the socioeconomic status of a majority of white people is higher than that of a majority of black people. So the group of whites, as a whole, is more privileged in terms of economic stability than the group of blacks is. Negative stereotypes also apply themselves to blacks from past racist sentiments, and that impedes the group's ability to reach equal footing as well.

• Open your eyes and look around

No argument to prove facts...Its all around you like the air...If you don't see it then its like the air you can't see it but its there by psychological effect...That psychological affect is so powerful that it is transpose into the minds of white people from the other side of the fence when they look at a person of color. There's something's time can't change.

• Racial privilege is not an individual phenomenon.

Certainly hardship is not restricted to certain races. Black people are hardly the only group of people who have been historically mistreated by others. Indeed, today many black people succeed while many white people fail because of fewer opportunities. The reality is, however, that black people do on average worse than white people. It is tempting to say that the black people are less willing to work hard to get ahead as others have done in the past, and this is what creates the gap between blacks and whites in the US. Yet, a closer examination reveals that this simply cannot be the case because race is independent of predisposition to laziness; to argue otherwise would be scientifically inaccurate. Thus, only socioeconomic and race factors make black people more "lazy" than white people. When members of the two races are not on average given equal opportunities in their parents' income, quality of schooling, choice of neighborhood, exposure to high income jobs, lack of voter representation in their area, low family time, et cetera, it is only natural to find that the black people are on average more "lazy" than white people. This is not to say that the whites have a privilege that negates their hard work. This is hardly true; white people have a "privilege" only in a statistical sense. It would be a severe misapplication of the statistics behind race to claim that a successful white person got there because of his or her race. In reality, many white people work hard out of tough situations while many other white people have a life of success more or less handed to them when they are born. The same thing can be said of black people, only the numbers are somewhat different.

• Of Course They Are

How can anyone even deny this in this day and age? Study upon study upon study have been done to show just how bad racism still is in this country, and yet you still have people acting like they don't know what's going on. Whites are valued over blacks. Whites are considered more intelligent than blacks. Whites are considered more competent than blacks. Whites are considered "better" than blacks in almost every way possible. Anyone who denies this knows the truth.

• Since when did blacks gain a monopoly on disadvantage?

Waves and waves of white immigrants for generations were met with the same hostility that blacks claim to be so rampant now, yet they were able to overcome it. The Irish were treated worse than blacks in many instances and were often indentured servants. Also, the word slave comes from the Slavs in eastern Europe who were treated brutally. Are blacks more disadvantaged than whites? Hardly, they just like to complain about it more to justify their stagnation in society.

• Everyone is treated the same.

I don't agree with the fact that the white people are more privileged than black because what is available for the white is also available for the blacks as well this includes everything from housing to health care. Its just how different people look at different things. Some people work at their goals harder then others

• No, they are not

I am a white female. I was born into a society in the 60's of an all white community. In addition I was born to an impoverished family with the absence of a father who abruptly left before I was born. As a female, I face discrimination every day. As a poor child in a middle class community I faced discrimination as people perceived me as " white trash" although I didn't recognize this at such a tender age as what it was. Today, I have a good job, a home of my own and it was because I worked through it, sucked it up and made something of myself. Privilege is colour blind. Its about circumstance and nothing more.

• Not really no

If I was so privleged why is it that I know lots of black people better off then me. The answer is they worked hard and did well. It's the same with successful white people. 6p years ago there was white privlege but now I think not. It's just another form of victim culture who's the biggest victim. This type of thinking is dangerous and racist in it self. It tells black peole don't work hard it's pointless your a victim. Don't go to college it's pointless dont get a job it's pointless. I free up very poor but according to minorities I lived in a mansion because I'm white. Wtf

• No, they aren't...

The problem with using the term ''White Privilege'' negates EVERYTHING that man or woman has work for to get where they are in life.. I'm sick and tired of liberals throwing this word out all willy nilly, ''You have a good job because you're white and you're privileged!'' - No, it's because I worked hard through school to get where I am today. They is no ''privilege'' today in America, especially not any that's accorded to whites. Black Privilege is a very real thing however.

• It's not black and white.

Some black people are rich. Some white people are poor. Some black people came to America from Africa this decade and were not affected by Americas racist history the way many other African Americans were. Some white people came here from Europe this decade and did not benefit from Americas racist passed the way many white people whose ancestors came over here a long time ago have. White people can suffer from disease, loss of a loved one, domestic violence, sexual abuse and poverty and be less privileged that a rich, middle class or even poor black person who has not suffered from these things. Some white people like my grandmother lived in nazi work camps in the 1940s. They weren't benefitting from racism they were in nazi work camps! They were victims of it! Some white people might have been victims of genocide in Bosnia. In the 1990s 30,000 Bosnian Muslims were killed! If you come here from Bosnia after loosing your entire family you aren't privileged! You didn't benefit from racism. You escaped a Genocide you were a victim of it. Compare this person to a rich Nigerian who came here and didn't suffer from racism. It's not black and white. Not all white people have it great and not all black people suffer in life.