• Yes they are

Since ancient times women have been considered the property of their husbands. They are designed to cook, clean and care for their husband and children. Before they are married they are the property of their fathers. Anyone who disagrees is stupid and has some major reading up to do. Enough said.

• Married women are property

Well I am owned and my husband's property. He tells me that and I felt like that before he ever said it. I want to be owned by him. I love him dearly that is why I also consider myself his slave. I love to obey him, serve him, and when he tells me what to do, I get very turned on. My hubby is kind and gentle and the best man. I just love to do anything and everything to please him. When a women truly loves her husband then they should want to be his property. Women need to know their role in a marriage and that is simply to obey, respect, and be his property. That doesn't mean your less of a women, but more of one. The bible says to submit to your husband and he is the head of you, just a Christ is the head of the church. If more American women would stop trying to run things they would be happier and less divorce.

• Woman are slaves to men

The woman is a slave to the man therefore she is his property. The woman's role on the earth is to clean, cook, slave for the hubby and provide pleasure. My fellow partner and i study the rights of women at the university of mens rights and we have very many arguments to go along with this go to our website http://mensrights.women>have—

• Yes women are the property of their husbands: Marriage is not some weird equal partnership. Men and women are not the same.

For ages people accepted that children were the property of their fathers and then after marriage, women were the property of their husbands. This universal truth can be found in most religions around the world before they got corrupted. Feminism came in and screwed people's minds, corrupting wonderful real marriage into a disgusting perverted equal partnership. This forced most people to reinterpret their beliefs.

The woman was made for the man and not vice versa. The man is under obligation to protect and provide for his wife, not vice versa. The woman is his help-meet and under his loving authority. She excels at being a wonderful wife and mother and raising up the next generation wisely. Also, both of them must mutually satisfy their sexual needs. This is true patriarchy, the bedrock of civilisation. It's a pity that the modern world has moved so far from truth and sense.

Being property doesn't mean being a slave. While slaves were property, all who are property are NOT slaves. Husbands own their wives in a different way from the way they own their children which in turn is very different from the way they owned slaves in the past.
    Men cannot abuse their wives or "do as they please(in a negative sense)". They have duties and responsibilities and are to love and protect their wives, not abuse them.

Real Fathers and real husbands have been shot down by the deception called "gender equality" and in their place buffoons, nincompoops, white knights, manginas and emasculated men have arisen. Also, women have transformed themselves into something that didn't exist before.

• Women's natural role is to serve and be owned.

While it may sound harsh or brutal to say that, in many aspects it's true. It's traceable to the survival of the species. Naturally, the man's role is to be the provider and the protector, while woman's evolutionary resources are focused on child-bearing, child-raising and tending to the home and family. These evolutionary traits tend make the wife the more subservient and the husband more dominant in the relationship. She "belongs" to him in a very real sense - her life and that of her children on him, and she intuitively acts in a manner reflecting this. She must depend on her appealing ways to keep him from straying, and therefore acts in ways to please him - cooking, cleaning, taking care of him sexually, and bending to his will. He has a responsibility to her to be kind, loving and non-abusive. However, if she should behave in an unpleasing manner, he has the right to lightly punish her. This is simply a warning sign - it reminds her of her role, and, chastened, she becomes the loving, submissive wife that he dedicates his resources to providing for.

• It depends what u mean by property and how they are treated

It all depends on how are they treated as property. Like, what do u think being treated as property would be like, would it be harmful towards them. Equality isn't sameness, it's okay if one person is the more dominating one in a relationship and the other is more submissive. I say it's okay to own someone as long as u treat them nicely

• Yes, women should be the property of their husbands

They should be in the kitchen making my sandwiches and cleaning my room and house, it is my house. She must also take care of the kids when I go out on the weekends. If she refuses I will beat her. I will still love her the same, but I have to make sure she doesn't leave with half of my money.

• Women are inept to be independent

The fact that ever since suffrage the country has gone in a downward spiral is proof of their poor decision making. Most women can't pick a movie or place to eat how can they pick a politician or make any good life decisions. Their small brains can't comprehend future events, cause and effect, or see other possible pit falls in their view. The fact they cannot logically debate is proof enough. Often emotional in their decisions they make wrong choices constantly. First women's movement was to end alcohol. How did that turn out. The largest failure if a government resources and execution of law ever. It created organized crime. It created a black market and for what because they couldn't take a punch. They had it easy back then, just raise the kids. Though a small percentage did have difficulties. Some of them were beaten or the husbands hard earned wages if the man were spent on Friday at the saloon they had to ruin generations to come. Not to mention the abolitionist. Women have made the worst choices. I like they're current political view that we should support socialist like Bernie Sanders. Let's be exactly like Venezuela or Greece. Yup free everything is always best.

• Yes AND no

It seems as though there are so many aspects to consider with this question. For instance here in the western world when looking at the marital structure I would say there is a great deal of equality. No one usually rules over the other. There are also aids in place, should a woman find herself in an abusive marriage for instance. I would however ponder the state of mind of the abused wife and the abusing husband before the abuse is discovered. Some women ( not all) may indeed feel like an object and the husband may feel like he has ownership/power over her. In this instance I would say that the wife is the property of the husband mentally. Obviously such a state of mind is highly negative, but it may occur with some. No one but the parties involved really know how they feel anyway.
    Another aspect to consider are cultural differences in other parts of the world where it is normal for the man to be in charge and the wife to obey her husband. In these cultures it might not be seen as wrong for the husband to rule over his wife. It may even be expected, and if I as a westerner were to push forth my opinion, they'd probably be outraged.
    Furthermore no one can really know what goes on within a marriage except for the parties involved. Some people may share a mentality that the man is to rule over his wife and the wife is to be a homemaker, that may even be when she is at her happiest. People are different obviously and different life situations suit different people. Nobody can really tell you that you can't be a housewife from the 50's if that is what you want to be.
    At the same time western governments usually seem to lay open equal opportunities for both genders.
    I guess all I'm really saying is that to me, this is not really a black and white subject:)

• I am a property to my husband

I love it when he comes home while im cooking and kisses me and say things like: how is my most valuable possession doing? The most beautiful thing i owned is looking gorgeous today, does that mean he sees me less of a human, no ... He treats me better than he treats any human, he works hard and buy me everything, he takes full responsibility for me which makes my life easy and care free ... I want to be his object, sometimes i just bow down and kiss his feet, we are not into bdsm, but mentaly i am his slave

• Certainly Not: Husbands Have No Ownership Rights, Wives Are Equal Members Of The Team/Duo:

A family is like a team and both husband and wife are equal team leaders.
    Many families now have the husband staying home and minding the children while wife pursues a valuable career. Working as a team solves family issues far better and with less stress. Dominant males in many marriages that assert superiority are psychopaths and the family suffers greatly from such monsters. Families where they work as a team, are more prosperous and harmonious. The children suffer less stress and don't get away with just appealing to the dominant male for favors, they have to satisfy both team leaders to get rewards and favors. Making it a democratic environment and a healthy environment. The concept of Male ownership of women is definitely out-dated and archaic. I have witnessed women who have been beaten and stabbed in such relationships when they break down, due to society encouraging psychopathic husband dominated marriages.

• No you do not control us!

Whoever dare thinks women are "owned" by a male needs some sense knocked into them! If a male ever tried to own me they'd be sorry real quick. And for the idiots that said yes, it doesnt matter that in previous years we didnt have independence. Its cuz u losers are power obsessed and think you are a man. YOU ARE NOT A MAN IF YOU THINK WOMEN BELONG BEING RULED BY YOU. I'll make my own life and wont let bastards like you try to stop me. So dont think that you own us cuz we are important unlike you. Go back to your cave and dont come out. Cuz if u havnt noticed by now, women rule a lot more than u ever will. So take your thoughts and shove them where the sun dont shine -.-

• No, they are not. Such notions are disgusting.

Women are equals with men, and have every right to be treated as such. Any notion of a human owning another human is tantamount to slavery. We are equals and partners in life. I would say more, but Sagey basically said everything I was going to. I genuinely hope that the author of this topic is a troll.

• It is inhumane to own another human being

The "owning" of a human being is so very inhumane, it makes me sick to my stomach. If you say that women are property of their husband/father/son/brother, you are a sick, sick, little man who has not caught up with times. All men AND women are born with equal rights, whether you are rich, poor, black or white. If you think that women are property of their husbands, you need to go take a history lessen and go to a clinic.

• I thought slavery was a criminal act?

Hence, any 'ownership' of a woman would be an act of slavery and subject to legal action. Women may be the weaker partner, but are certainly not owned. Anyone who suggests a person who has the ability to love, to care, to feel, to have undying passions and dreams can be owned is a cold, unfeeling individual.

• Say no to theocracy

People are not property and cannot be owned, bought or sold. That is a crime against humanity to OWN somebody; that is slavery. A wife is not property of a husband. Saying "yes" means you support slavery. It means that you are a chauvinistic pig that will not being getting laid in the future. WOMEN AREN'T PROPERTIES THAT CAN BE SOLD OR PRICED. THEY'RE PEOPLE WITH EMOTIONS AND SENTIMENTS DAMMIT!

• 21st century people?

"Owning" a person is slavery, I believe. It sickens me to know that there are still people who believe in owning women as their wives in the 21st century. Just because we have the capability to have children and we have a vagina does NOT mean that we are owned to men! Owning something (or in this case, "someone") means that you can do what ever you want with what you own. Women are people, so are men! We deserve respect too! Please take your minds back to the present, unlike some people who are still in the 1870s.

• That's now how ownership of property works.

When I own something, that means that a higher power is defending my rights to use that thing as I please. Target will defend the use of my T.V. The Government and Judicial system will defend my right to my house. They will be the one's saying "Yeah, he owns that stuff. He can do what he wants with it." However if I start screwing around with stuff I do not own like my neighbors car, then people will not be there to defend me because I do not own the car.

A man can claim to own his wife, or that she is property of him. However, no higher power will defend him when he starts to mess with her. The Government won't say he own that woman nor will it defend him when he starts treating her like property. So if nobody is there to defend a husband's ownership of his wife, then technically he does not own her as property.

• What even is this?

I don't know about you guys, but basing one's competence on their genitals is kind of stupid, don't you think?
    No, but seriously. Women don't exist to cater to your sexual appetites, they don't exist to bear children and then be thrown out like an old microwave, they don't exist to use their "unintelligent" minds to clean the house and twiddle their thumbs to wait for "their men" to come home, they don't exist to be flaunted around like some trophy, they don't exist to be used as scapegoats for when you make a bad impression, they don't exist to boost your self confidence, and they certainly don't exist to submit to people who can't clean their own fucking balls.
    *obligatory mic drop*

• Human Rights Exist

^ Made a long time ago. Figure it out. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

BblackkBbirdd says2014-06-06T16:17:05.663
It's all pretty much been said :(
BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T10:55:31.473
No, they are a team