Are women (yes) as good as men (no) in ground combat operations?

• Women Can Fight Just as Well

Women can carry a big pack and shoot an M-16 just as well as any man. If she can pass the same physical tests as men, women should be allowed in ground combat operations. Women are just as capable as men in any situation and even better in others. Keep in mind there is one thing women can do that men will never be able to do: carry a human baby to term from conception to birth.

• Women are as good as men in ground combat operations.

Women are as good as men in ground combat operations. This all depends on the training of the group and I do not think sex has anything to do with how the team operates. Men and women can work together both in the office equally as well as on the battle field.

• So Long as Same Standards Applied

So long as the same standards are applied across both genders, women are just as good as men in combat operations. There are fewer women in combat simply because fewer women sign up to be in the military. However, females are just as capable as men in the field regardless of the task at hand.

• Women are actually better!

As a woman I can say that women are actually better than men in ground combat operations. Even the worst women soldier is at least as good as a man. However, many women are better than a man. I know this because, I am stronger than most men and can shoot better too!

• No, they simply aren't.

In my experience in ground combat operations (which I have over a year of), I have had women attached to my unit to serve as female searchers, but also soldiers. They couldn't keep up (most of them), and one literally cried during a firefight instead of shooting back. Sad, but true. I'm sure there are SOME that are just as good, even better than some men. But as a whole, they are not. This is an opinion based on my observations while serving with women in ground combat operations in Iraq (2006-2007), during the height of the war.

• Women are not as good as men in ground combat operations.

Women are not as good as men in combat operations. Women are weaker, and they don't have the physical strength of men. Also, their performance could be effected by their menses. Women should not have to endure the stress of the battlefield, although there are other ways they can contribute to the armed forces.