Are working women more respected than housewives?

• Being a housewife is shameful!

It is 2013. Do something real with your life. It is embarrassing that women are still wasting their lives and education on menial unfulfilling child care tasks. No educated women should be doing this--save it for the hired help. I have no respect for women who leech off of their husbands.

• Working women are more respected than housewives.

Unfortunately yes, working women do get more respect than housewives. Many people think it's easy to stay at home all day and watch the children and take care of all the things around the house, but it's probably just as difficult as a typical job. The only problem is, being a housewife doesn't pay the bills and in today's world, that's how people are judged. Our day to day lives are so expensive that most families require two working parents. In the families that are able to get by with only one working family, being a housewife is seen as a luxury only afforded to the wealthy.

• Yes, unfortunately they are.

Yes, I think that working women are more respected than housewives. This is unfortunate, because I think that many housewives work just as much (if not more) as working women. My older sister is a housewife with six kids all under the age of seven, including triplets who are a year old. She works so hard. Harder than quite a few working women I've come across, from what I can tell.

• Yes, without a doubt.

I've been called lazy, a leech, too stupid to work, and am consistently asked what I do all day. People assume that because a stay at home mom/wife isn't contributing to the family's bottom line they aren't contributing at all. It's just silly jealousy, and is their problem not mine. I'm secure in who I am and the choices I've made for my family. My husband works hard to support us financially, and I work hard to support us all at home.

• Yes, and they shouldn't be.

People look down on women that choose to be housewives. Don't even get me started on men that choose that route because it's about a hundred times worse for them. It shouldn't be that way.

When you are a housewife or a househusband, you are choosing to stay at home and devote your life to either raising your children or tending to your household. Regardless of what one chooses, he or she is contributing to society.

• There are a lot of misguided hate on housewives and dumb stereotypes to boot.

I don't really agree with society's unfair judgment on this, but this is frankly some of the attitudes I see surrounding housewives and stay at home moms. I think they are viewed as inferior to working women.
    People may call the working women "heartless", or "cut throat" in that she doesn't want kids to interfere with her career but a housewife is much more harshly criticized.
    Housewives are seen as women who are needy and dependent, perhaps even considered "gold diggers". Their contribution to household work is not valued. She is considered lazy simply because she is a housewife. And if she tries to say that she does do plenty of housework exceeding a typical 40 hour work week, her housework is still undervalued. People will say she isn't contributing to society. And it doesn't matter if she is a fantastic parent or not, she'll actually get bashed for talking about her kids so much. People will say "is that all you ever talk about?".

• Yes they are more respected and deserve that respect more than a house wife

House wife's are also respected but up to a certain level, like once the kids are in full time education there is no reason for her not to get a job unless she got to so used to being at home and not in the workforce and can't be bothered to work as it's more stressful and boring and you can't spend as much time doing the things you enjoy, so they tend to say there a full time mum instead, unlike working mums they work to earn extra money for the kids and not relying on the husband and also has time to look after the kids on days off and when she comes back but some how housewives can't do that or find how they do it.

• Unfortunately, it could be.

From the harsh fact of the social value, workmother generally gain more respect than stay-home mom. Social value is very important for people to define their social status and identity. Unfortunately, women who stay at the home generally rely rely on their husbands , without financial foundation, the housewives are very easily being discriminated, being called superior creasures. When they facing the unfair cheating or divorce , they could easily to lose their power and strength to find financial fund to raising themselves and fighting for the custody of the children. If there not too many female lawmaker, judge, lawyer in court, consider these kind of risks for women, I doubt the equality would come so easily. People who stay at home to raising their family shouldn't been against and discriminated, however, the society and government needs more workforce for potential development, for future, so, people should think a better option let women could balance this, let the smart technology to helps people for taking care family, even to replace women to deliver the baby, and let them have more chances to work, making more outstanding, high level social work achievement. That is how we should think about the future, emancipate the productive forces from people.

• But everyone deserves respect.

I think today's society looks down on housewives. The love of money and achievement is prized and if you take care of children at home your merely a babysitter. Highly sensitive persons have a real difficult time being housewives because of this. I know because I am one. I am a caregiver to my daughter who is disabled. All achievement springs from envy of our neighbors. I think every human deserves to be treated with dignity and respect no matter what they do.

• Working women are respected more.

Most women who work are respected more than housewives although it shouldn't be the case. Just a working women gets out of her bed in the morning to do a job, so does a housewife. Many housewives work harder than women with jobs, but the work is undervalued due to the view of society.

• No latch key for me

Women have the ability to work if they want but they don't have to to have respect. My husband and I love the 1950s and as such our lives follow suit. Now that is not to say I'm a doormat because I am not. Most women weren't doormats back then either. Society has always and will always fill women's heads with false information and today, propaganda. My grandparents and great grandparents loved the 1950s. The women in my family had class, respect and respect for the men in their lives. I am a housewife. I home school my children, my house is always clean, we always have dinner ( always a full dinner) on the table or close to finished when my husband gets home. I would never try to shame a woman out of a career and I expect the same respect. I think it's humorous and rather ridiculous for anyone to say housewives are lazy. Good grief. God bless you all.

• And they shouldn't be.

I grew up in a two parent hous hol where my mother stayed at home with me. I am a very liberal person and it makes me want to say that working women should be applauded because they try to do it all. But realistically you can't put your kids in daycare and be as good of a mother as you would if you stayed at home. I think if you want children then you need to find a good man who can support you. I am not saying be a gold digger but don't marry a sorry man who doesn't have ambition. I know education isn't accessible to everyone but there has to be a balance. Now a single mom who is doing everything she can to keep herself and her children afloat is one thing, but if you and your husband can reasonable afford it and you want to have children, then you really owe your children the best you can give them and that is being at home.

• Housewives are needed nowadays!!

Earning money, not looking in the husband pockets , having a career, having a maid to take care the household chores in her absence may be the best arrangement for single parenting. It is horrible to any new mom who needs to go out and earn her monthly salary so as her family can make this month. Financial independence, professional hike, career oriented can be proudly stated terms for the working women. Hello , there are women who are working as their maid, working in factory, working in night shifts are also working women. Working as a maid and cleaning other person utensils is also a job. Is she proud about that?? Never. Working in top companies and getting 5 digit salary can hire a women and make her do the chores. There are many sick working women who cannot leave the job and sit because of her loan due. I want those ladies who call the house wives as leech to work as maid on some house and earn the salary to pride about the working women status quo. India is still developing countries. A developed country like USA where a women cannot have a maid as possible as an indian working women. She needs to take care of her chores/ sharing the work with her partners. Are we able to make it without a maid/ or any relation(other than a partner)? Preheating a kichiidi and travelling 12 hours a day to work is not a boon. I am speaking the half. The other problems arises when the husband cannot have a living without his wife salary and praying she still carry a job. We are converting our men as a leech who is expecting each income from every person included in the family. We dont know the call till our sons come out and call his sister is useless as she is not earning for the family.Please pride about those women who is working for you in your house hold to type about the house wives as leech.

• House wives work more!! Try being one...

House wives work more!! Try being one... House wives takes care of entire family, house and what not. It helps child and families develop. Working woman will just go gaga over how hard she has to work and to earn for family but most of working women will spend money on Make-up!

• Blah blah blah

Blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah

• Housewives loves more

A working woman may be respectful but a housewife must be respectful at all. A house wife waits for him and a working woman for a relax before him. Housewife puts her loving hands on him and all troubles go away. She drives peace in his veins, a working woman shows only his working experience and hurdles in it.

• Housewives are better mother

In this world all children need care of their parents specially their mothers. Working women do not give much time to their child which he/she required. The hardest work in this world is of mother.
    I am not saying that women should not work but they should give time to their child
    So, I think that house wives are better mother than working mothers.

• Professionally Dead-End, Financially Dependent

House-wives usually have to continue their unpaid domestic chores, lack of access to educations, engaging with caring works for her children, taking most of the household tasks. Needless to say, their time are spent on endless process without bearing any dollars, as to why they become economically and financially dependent on their husbands. For my point of view in wider context, there is no additional stratum to which they can access higher education and higher top jobs.

• Professionally Dead-end, financially dependent