• I believe in an afterlife, but I still fear death

I believe that after death my soul will live on in perfect peace for eternity. However, it's still frightening to think about saying goodbye to this earth, despite the fact that life as a human can be difficult. I hope that death won't be too painful. Here's to perfect peace!

• Just because death is inevitable...

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be feared. Fear of death can keep you alive. If you are enjoying your life, if you are happy, if there are things you still want to do, if there are people that depend on you... You should fear death. You wont be able to do or enjoy anything because you are dead and those that depend on you will be worse off. Unless you achieve a high status of fame or infamy before you die, your place in this world, your footprint, quickly begins to vanish after you die. Eventually all who knew you will be dead as well and you will be completely forgotten, as though your existence never mattered at all. Without hitting up ancestry.Com I couldn't tell you a thing about my great-great grandparents and they were crucial to my existence! No one knows what happens after you die, there are those that have been revived and claim to know, but they don't either. I think it is human nature to fear the unknown. We are rational, logical individuals that use knowledge to build expectation. There is no way to know what happens so the mystery will never be solved. That in itself is unsettling. Dying is losing control. Once you're dead you have no control and that is scary. Granted, once your dead nothing will matter anymore, but while on this side of death, the idea of having absolutely no control is frightening. There are any number of reasons why death is something to be feared. It is my opinion that those that do not fear death : believe in eternal life through religion, are lying, haven't thought much about the subject, believe it is inevitable and we shouldn't fear what we can't control, are currently between periods of fear, and/or have lived long and fulfilling lives where they were able to accomplish pretty much what they had hoped to and have every loose end tied up. Very few people I've encountered can relate to the last reason, most seem to relate more to the other options. Though I don't live my life in fear of death, the thought of dying does scare me.

• One mustn't fear something he/she hasn't experienced before

Death is a concept that we the living, couldn't comprehend fully. We might have ideas as to how one gets to reach the stage (the process), but that's all there is to it. Recalling what Socrates said in one of Plato's dialogues, one shouldn't fear that which isn't known, otherwise, it would be an arrogance on someone's part to claim to that it is a negative notion outright. In fearing something, you claim to have an idea of its nature, whether it be +/- . Perhaps a concrete example would be fear of public speaking. It is reasonable to be fearful of such activity because we have concepts such as humiliation, pride, confidence, self-esteem, and the likes; and we live and breathe this concepts as we are living. But going back to death, we don't have the slightest hint of what it is associated with. There are innumerable questions that have yet to be answered (which probably won't be answered in a state of living) like, is there a realm after death?, does one's existence permanently terminate at death?, and more importantly, what does it feel like to be dead? Or is there any feeling at all? There are just too many issues to bring up, and our questions remain floating in an empty vacuum. It is not wise therefore, to resign oneself in such thoughts that have no means of verification. Life is precious that way, and we have to be pragmatic with the limited time that we have. The value of life can be summed up in the words of a certain famous person: don't despair of something ending, be glad instead that it happened.

Let's live our lives while we can

• If I didn't fear death, I would already be dead.

Suicidal people cite fear of death, or not wanting to put their family and friends through suffering as a result of their death as reasons they may have not killed themselves. If you ever stood at the edge of a high place and feared the fall that would kill you, then you fear death. I understand the opposing argument from the philosophical perspective like death is nothing because we won't experience or care about it when we are dead, so there is no need to worry about it. However, I think we are hard wired biologically to fear death.

• I evolved this way.

Humans like me evolved to fear death because it's an excellent defense against dying before reproducing. ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    I believe that whatever happens after death is whatever was happening before one's existence, but I still fear it.

• Yes I'm afraid

I'm afraid of death because I can't choose what I want to do anymore. Bitter sweet happy sour that's life and I like the way it is. I don't want eternal happiness in heaven nor suffering in hell. I can change things and interact with people while I'm alive .

• I am an atheist.

There's nothing waiting for me after death. Either nothing happens, and my life ceases to exist, or it turns out I was wrong, which might be worse. In the microscopic chance that Hell exists, that's where I'm headed, regardless of how good I was in life. My disbelief would damn me. Hell doesn't really bother me, but dying certainly does. I can't imagine not being alive... Death might be my only real fear.

• I am afraid of death cause

I am not sure from what will happen to me after death .. Like whatever i go to heaven or hell .. Whatever my action were bad or good ... Did i do like my god told me .. So I am afriad of my consquences after death not death .. Cause in some point we all gonna die ..

• Don't fear the reaper

We're all going to eventually die somehow and some way, why be scared of death? Perhaps a painful death is one to be really afraid of, but it won't last forever. A person dies every 3 seconds I read once (and a person is born every second), it's completely natural. Since it's unavoidable, it's not really worth spending time worrying about.

• No, I do not fear death

Myself being an atheist, I believe that when I die, that's just the end. I cease to exist. Many religious people who I know believe in an after life, and they sometimes seem shocked by how comfortable I am with the concept of of just not existing anymore. But in reality, existing is much scarier than not existing. After all, to paraphrase Mark Twain, "I was dead for several billion years before I was born and I don't recall being too bothered by it." I see death as a welcome end to it all, and a return to what I was before I existed, which is really nothing to be afraid of.

• It's part of life

We have been given the gift of life and with it comes death. It's a natural cycle that we cannot change. However, what we can change is how we live from we day we’re born until the day we die. I say we should enjoy life as if every day was our last day: http://www.heartythought.com/how-safe-are-you-from-dying/. Have a nice day :)

• Death holds no fear for me.

Death isn't, for me, a subject of fear. Yes, I am a Christian, and yes, I believe there to be an afterlife, but I have considered the posibility of void after death very carefully. I've thought and talked extensively about the deaths of family members, my own death, and the existence of an afterlife. And after everything, I'm not afraid. Even if there isn't an afterlife (and I believe strongly there is), I'm not afraid. I'm afraid of not being able to leave my mark on the world before I die. I want to work hard, and make myself known to the world however I can. And, as I believe there to be an afterlife, I merely consider death to be the next chapter of the journey. I accept that death is inevitable. Nothing can live forever. And I don't fear what I cannot control. But I can control what kind of mark I leave on the world, and I intend to make as big of a mark as I can.

• No, I am not afraid of death

I have feared death in the past, and may again in the future, but for the moment, death does not scare me. I recognize death is inevitable and while some fear what happens after death more than death itself, I believe after death is the same as before being alive, I wasn't aware of anything for billions of years, and I know I won't when I die either.

• It is freedom

Death is freedom. No longer are the constraints and worries of life weighing on the mind. It represents the culmination of a beautiful thing, and it should be celebrated. No religious explanation or concept of afterlife is necessary to be comforted by death. It just provides reason to live life fully.

• Not Afraid of Death

It is just a natural process that we can't control. We may be able to prolong our life a bit, but eventually we all will die. No use in getting all worked up about it. What I am scared of is suffering towards the end of my life. I do not want to be one of those people who can't move and is just in constant pain. Yet, everyone tells you just hold on a little longer. For what, just let me die already is what I would tell them.

• Death is the end

I am not afraid of death because I am not afraid of the end. This life is not a narrative and it has no goal and if I die suddenly it might be unfortunate, but who knows what I have to offer to this world or to other people? I just want to go after my mother passes.

• No, I am not afraid of death.

I do not find anything scary about death since I do not really know what happens after death. I think that living life is a lot scarier than the prospect of dying. But it is only natural for people to be afraid of the unknown including something like death and dying.

Let's live our lives while we can