• Yes you are

Biologically you are born gay. If you look at children you can actually see little things pointing to their sexuality. The toys they use the way they behave the way they talk. It's biological and completely natural. You're born your sexual orientation it is a predisposition that cannot be changed like many seem to think it can be.

• Yes, Homosexuality Is Inherent

While people range all across the sexuality spectrum, they largely seem to have certain leanings from birth. Children who are born to the same parents, are raised the same, and are in most other ways the same can still end up with different sexual orientations. To those who believe it is a choice, one should answer the question of when heterosexual people chose to be heterosexual as well, since orientation, if a choice, is a choice for all groups not just one.

• Why would anyone choose that?

Let's give the senario of a boy growing up in a super christian, conservative household. He goes to christian school. He doesn't use the Internet. And yet, he grows up and is gay. There's absolutletly no possible way it was his environment no one would choose to love a life where you're hated, where your insulted and where you have a high chance of being killed.

• You are born gay

You are born gay because you can't just choose to be gay, it's in your nature if your gay or lesbian. You can't choose to like men or to like women or both. It's just in your nature to happen, what happens happens. There is no science needed behind this, you're born gay and that that

• Yes, people are.

To a degree, it is a matter of personal choice and preference. I believe that all people are born 'bi' as we all have the capacity to love another human being for who they are and not what they have between their legs. It is a mixture of view and preference which brings out their natural openness and shapes into 'straight' or 'gay', with some few remaining in the middle. There is nothing wrong with having a preference towards your own gender and we should be encouraging love rather than trying to criminalize preference.

• Yes you are born gay.

I am a bisexual woman that was raised in a Catholic Church, and yes I believe you are born gay. I was always told growing up that gay people aren't excepted and they should be set straight, I choose not to except that. I remember the priest reading that God loves all his children, it never said he hated gay people. No one in my family is gay, and I have a few friends that came out later in high school after I did. I think some people realise that they are gay from birth and I think some people don't. I also think that some people know but choose not to believe because they are scared of being labelled or hated. For those of you who think being gay is a choice, its not. You don't just figure out your gay over night, some people may take weeks, months, or years, before they finally accept that fact that their gay. It took me a year to figure it out. Saying you choose to be gay is like saying you choose to have special needs.

• In a way, yes.

You are not strictly born gay, or so I believe. I think it is a sub-consciousness that is triggered or influenced by those around you. This sub-consciousness you are born with but you will not realise until you trigger it. That could be by something you see, hear, or experience. That's what I believe happened to me.

• Just found out not a choice ,do some research.

My only son told us a year ago that he was gay. We were shocked and I have done a lot of research and we believe that being gay is not a choice. Go to www. Family acceptance.Com and read what helped my family .We believe my son was born gay. We did not raise my son to be attracted to the same sex. When I read people say its a choice I Have found out you are all freaking wrong. There have been gay people from the very beginning of time .It is mother nature.

• You cant change what sex you are attracted too

If your trying to say that being gay is choice, then go ahead and try to make yourself be gay. Or try to think back to the day you decided you wanted to be straight. Exactly that day never took place because it is in your nature. The only people choosing their sexuality are the homosexuals that are trying to change who they are because they are afraid to be themselves because people are too vain to except everyone for who they truly are.

• Yes you are born Gay

Because even though I am Christian I believe that you are born with a sexual preference you just don't know until you are older! The purpose of people saying that you aren't born the way you are is insulting to me and all the gay and lesbian and bisexual community!!

• There are many factors, including genetics

Let me clarify that I am a Christian, and I firmly believe that homosexuality is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22). Let me also say that every sin is an abomination, and no Christian is in any position to judge anyone else for sinning differently than they do.
    I believe that some people naturally struggle with homosexual temptations, while other people don't, but this cannot be 100% attributed to genetics (which is the only way you could be born that way). A study conducted by Dr. Alan Sanderson in November, 2014 is often cited as the biggest study comparing genetics with sexual orientation. In his abstract, he claims that it is "by far the largest study of its kind to date." In his study, he studied the genomes of 409 pairs of homosexual brothers, and found two correlating genes, Xq28, and 8q12. In his words, "Results, especially in the context of past studies, support the existence of genes...Influencing development of male sexual orientation." Notice he did not attempt to claim that these genes control sexual orientation, but only that they influence it. In an article by NewScientist, he reminds readers that sexual orientation depends on multiple factors, both environmental and genetic. He said that even if he has hit on individual genes, they will likely only have at most a small effect on their own. Gays are not born gay, but they may be born with genes that make them more likely to later become gay, in addition to outside factors. This is the only conclusion that can be objectively drawn from the available scientific evidence.
    Homosexual temptations are just that, temptations. Some people are tempted by them, and others aren't, just like with every other temptation. Just like some people are tempted by adultery, theivery, lying, murder, and arrogance, while others aren't. We have a choice whether to succumb to them or not, just like with other sins, but the temptations themselves are, at least largely, something that happens to us, as opposed to something that we choose.

Http://www.Newscientist.Com/article/dn26572-largest-study-of-gay-brothers-homes-in-on-gay-genes.Html#.VNj535t6i2f

http://journals.Cambridge.Org/action/displayAbstract?FromPage=online&aid=9385646&fileId=S0033291714002451

Posted by: Ab_M
  • No, it is not a choice.

Ok so I'm going to start off with a scenario; let's say that there are no gays in the beginning of a time where there is a small population, well if half is female and half is male then there should be even re population, now let's say one of the males wants to be different because of his thought(we all have different thoughts) and decided that he wanted to start acting on his thoughts, not only is the population going to decrease, but now there is a gay(getting to my point) WITH CHOICE.

• Lust Is Cause Not Birth

Lust is the thing that causes humans to be gay. Birth plays no role. The Bible explains how God made humans to love opposite sex. Babies can't decipher who they love yet because they are not mentally prepared to love or fall in love. So, lust is the factor for this.

• Then I was born fat

Saying that your born attracted to your favorite food, color, childhood toy, and sexual preference is saying that you lack self control. Thats it. I was fat for as long as i could remember. So i must have been born that way. Wrong. I restricted my eating habits and fought my temptations to lose my weight. The same method applys to being homosexual or alcoholic. If you dont want to be who you are now, you CAN change. You guys are too old to be blaming your hands for going into the cookie jar. Take responsibility for yourself. There is no imaginary gene that makes people gay. There were gay people back in Rome years ago. Saying that there is a gay gene means that there is a favorite color gene, pedophilia gene, bestiality gene, and a murderer gene.

• No you are not

God made human beings to love the opposite gender. YOU decide because its not possible to be born gay, it just doesn't happen. If you want to be gay be gay but no matter what you do it is still wrong! Most of the gay people I know don't think they were born that way they just came out of a bad relationship, and that's probably what happened to you.

• No, they are not!

A baby does not have a sexual preference. Don't bother trying to tell me that it does! You would be incorrect. People are gay because of lust. The bible says so. They are drawn by lust. A baby does not know lust so it is impossible. A baby is not born that way. Environment influences a lot of things.

• No you are not born gay -__-

A baby can't decipher one thing from another nevertheless if his gay or not. It is not until we hit out teens and pre-teen years that we start to look into the opposite sex or for others the same sex it seems. I think the environment a person grows up in has a lot to influence in a persons decision when it comes to sexual partner. In my opinion no you are not born gay.

• If your religious ( Christian, Muslim or Jewish), you aren't born gay.

Pretty simple if you believe in God 100%, and your religion says gay is a sin, then you aren't born gay. God won't make you gay if it's a sin in your religion, or then that would be unfair (but God is the most Just and fair of them ALL).

Posted by: Ab_M