• Why am I Conservative?

I don't feel people should be paid to lay around doing nothing (Welfare) and that EVERYTHING should be legalized, regardless of it's threat or why it was made illegal. I believe Religion is protected from Government, not vice versa, and that all people should have the right to bear arms for sport or protection.

• I believe that, to a certain extent, I am my brother's keeper.

I simply believe that I live in a society and that, no matter how much I don't like the idea of having to pay for certain things, it is a necessary facet of life that I have to do it.

While I believe that there must be limits and that personal responsibility must be recognized, I also believe that we are only as strong as our weakest links.

• Neither, but more liberal than conservative.

I actually consider myself more libertarian than anything, but if I have to say whether or not I'm liberal or conservative, then I would have to say liberal. I believe that everyone has the right to bear arms. Although I do not personally believe in abortion, I do not feel that the government has the right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body. I believe that everyone deserves the right to get married, whether they are gay or not.

• I believe everything starts from the bottom.

I believe the social safety net "welfare" is crucial for the children born into poverty. It gives them the nourishment necessary to excel past their parents' failure. I do not believe the private sector has the incentive to care for the poor because they make more money when there is a larger pool of low wage workers ex: China. This is classic capitalism and does not work for a democracy with such large populations who are well connected ex: Internet. I believe in a social type of capitalism where the people value the working class above the investment class and industries such as agriculture, energy and healthcare are localized and bolstered by the working class. And
    unproductive wealth leeching industries ex: finance are abolished. The government could easily replace the finance industry. They're creating a truly even playing field where if you have the ability there will be guaranteed low interest financing for home and business. This type of economy would explode the middle class and greatly improve our industries by making the peoples' needs the incentive rather than capital. Democrats are not socialists or communists they are progressives who understand there's a better way to do this. Evolution is driving the political discourse we see in our country and business. As usual it has always been changing but is now reaching a tipping point due to society's dynamic needs. Just because we recognize capitalism's faults does not make us adverse to competition. In fact this argument is competitive in itself and threatens the status quo of most conservative beliefs.