Are you in favor of national common core standards for education?

• I am in favor of national common core standards for education.

I am in favor of national common core standards for education. I think common core standards provide good standards for reading and mathematics as well as other subjects for education children from the grades of k-12. It is important that all children in every part of the nation learn the same standard lessons that all children are learning.

• Yes, I am in favor of national common core standards for education.

I believe that common core has its issues but overall I do believe when tweaked and developed enough that common core will benefit the nations education system, I think that any time something dramatic is introduced people are going to react negatively since most people hate change but over time common core will be adopted and accepted.

• Yes I Am

As a parent of a young child I am in favor of national common core standards for education because it makes me feel as though my child will receive the same education despite where we may move in the country. I think teachers and administrations are opposed because it is a tough change and it calls for responsibility. I think they feel challenged and threatened, however they shouldn't do their job without expecting their own grade card on how they performed. We've let bad teachers roam the halls of these institutions for far too long. It's time to protect the children and ensure they get the right start in life.

• Not at all.

This is just another example of the America education system attempting to cut our children from the same exact cloth, to make them all exactly alike. Not everyone learns the same way, period. Common Core is absolute BS. As a man named Albert Einstein once said: "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Posted by: krz
  • I am definitely not

I am not in favor of national common core standards for education. The reason for this is because intelligence doesn't run on a straight line. There are many ways to foster and nurture a person's intellect; this means teaching has to be more individualized. You cannot expect everyone to learn the same way.