Are you Pro-Choice (Yes) or Pro-Life (No), And why?

Asked by: Madeline1698
  • Of course killing is wrong

But only if the person or thing being killed is alive. Fetuses are not human and are only an unwanted blob of matter inside of a person. The second they are born is when it becomes an issue since they are now citizens and have rights. But if they're not even a living thing, then they're not human. People should have a choice as to whether or not they keep this blob and raise it as their child or get rid of it

• I am Pro-Choice.

For me abortion isn't a black and white issue, that abortion isn't always okay or always bad. I think that the decision to get an abortion or not should be between the woman and her doctor. My main point is that I think that instead of focusing on abortion we should be focusing on preventing pregnancy, if we can reduce unwanted pregnancy then abortion happens less. So it is a win win, the pro-lifers can sleep well at night knowing that abortions are a rare happening and pro-choicer can also sleep well at night knowing that less women have to make that decision to get an abortion or not to get an abortion.

• It's her body.

You can call it murder, but that would be an incorrect statement. A murder is unlawful, something that abortion is not. It is a medical procedure to remove something unwanted, which might I remind you is not a person, an individual, or a definite human BEING, from her body, which could potentially ruin her life. Even declaring adoption as a solution is HEAVILY flawed. If you make abortion illegal, then the number of children in adoption care will either A) Skyrocket, thus adding more to the number of children already not adopted, are neglected, feel unwanted, etc. Or B) Stay the same as women will still find ways to have abortions, illegal or not. None of you seem to care about these children in adoption care -- I don't see you adopting any? Petitioning to have it more funded? Nothing of the sort? Remove the reason, not the right. None of you seem to understand this tidbit. Then again, I'm not going to generalize this, so I'll say many of you whom I have encountered. There, that sounds better.

As for the, uh, "person" concept. May I remind you that it is philosophical, not scientific? There's no doubt it's human, but so are my toenails. A human being is an individual, which a fetus is not, being dependent on the mother. Legally speaking, it's not.

Oh, that's right . . . The question of "dependence" is also debated. Let me clarify for you. It is dependent in the way it lives INSIDE her body, takes her NUTRIENTS/PROTEINTS/ETC., and has to survive IN HER. Premature births are another thing to discuss. IF A FETUS NEEDS MACHINES WITH NO DOUBT IN ORDER TO SURVIVE, THEN IT WAS STILL DEPENDENT ON THE MOTHER, AND THUS STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN HER CHOICE.

What I have noticed is that pro-life likes to twist these around and mess with our emotions to make what we think sound wrong. Naughty.

Mature fetuses, ready to be birthed without assistance, are still potentials, and are not fully able. At this point, a woman is, undoubtedly, less likely to abort in that time period without major cause in most situations. 1% or less. Can't remember the accurate percentage, but it is that low.

Now then, preventative measures. Contraceptives are not guaranteed 100% to work. Even using both, and even though it is low, using birth control and condoms can still result in pregnancy. It happens.

Rape and incest -- most of you have never been in this position. You have no right to tell her that she has to have that fetus in her stomach for nine months. No right to force her to have that CONSTANT REMINDER in her stomach. Have it pushed through her. Incest can even result in genetic mutations.

Not sure what I haven't touched up on yet. Hm.. Oh, that's right. Don't like it, don't have it?

Personal experiences drive me. I haven't had an abortion though.

• Women have rights to decide what to do with their own bodies

While some people think it is murder to kill a fetus, they are not looking at all possibilities. Say, for instance a woman is raped. She will constantly have a reminder that she unwillingly has a child. A child that caused her pain and distress because she had no say in it. Or maybe, financially there is a problem. What if a woman is pregnant and then the man leaves her. Maybe she could support herself yes, but what if she can't? What you people don't understand is that some women don't just decide not to have a child when they get abortions. There are a million factors to consider and they have to look at what is best for the child. Bring it in into this world and have it suffer for one reason or another, or protect it from the dangers of the world?
    Thank you for your time and hope you have a good day!

• I am Pro Choice

I don't always agree with why a person chooses to have an abortion but I believe it is up to that person.

I think in some cases that abortion is a mercy compared to what the child would suffer in life.

I also believe rape victims should not be forced to carry the child of their attacker. This causes severe emotional trauma on top of the original trauma.

The fact that people assume that if a person chooses to go through the pregnancy that the child will be adopted and have a perfect happy life is naive.

• Are women just breeding machines?

Who do you think raises the children? While I believe that the woman shouldn't have had sex in the first place if they didn't want a child, they should be able to make the decision over what is in their body.

Women with poor financial situations will be even worse off. Teenagers and college students have to drop out to take care of their children. The stigma for young mothers is horrible and what about the father? Is a single woman allowed an abortion if she can't take care of the baby? What if she's mentally ill? What if the child is proven to have a disability? What if she wants to spare that child a suffering life?

There are so many reasons why an abortion will be necessary. Either way, if you force an unwilling mother to carry her baby to term, it's either going to end up in an abused child or a new orphan among millions in America's system.

You can't expect that a mother, who never wanted a child, would take good care of her child when they're born.

• To everyone for pro life....

Abortions are for the girls, women and even children to decide whether they want to end a life inside of them. On behalf of all those children women and young teens who have been raped they do have the right to decide that. Abortion was designed to help those who need it.
    To everyone who thinks it is wrong...
    Just imagine yourself stuck homeless and pregnant.You were raped and now you have to carry around the memory of that incident for nine months. Now many say well they can get help form family and others or adoption. What if they dont have a family, will YOU raise that baby for them. And do u think that the child of an unwanted life wants to find out who they are and how their life came about. If that was me id want to go back in time and abort me! To feel unwanted and not with your mother is a terrible feeling. You who say that abortion is wrong are selfish. Causing riots and not even considering that the child may be emotionally damaged because they don't feel wanted.. Just think about that.

• A Pragmatist's Approach

Every adult has the right to exercise his or her free will to determine how their life will unfold. To forbid a personal decision, predetermines how that person lives or achieves for many years to come. Therefore cripples individuals from making decisions affecting and their future.

The decision for a woman to have an abortion is not taken lightly. When a child is born its affects are felt beyond the mother and child. Vast resources are required to rear a child; many women do not have the means to support. Families may be under existing financial strain. Single mothers feel it the most. Many women will have to put on hold education or professional development that would ultimately ensure a productive future of self reliance. Too many baby daddies run for the hills. Some even maintain low wage earning jobs just to avoid higher child support payments. The child and mother are victims. The responsibility falls mainly of the woman. (Not to demonize all men, there are an abundance of wonderful supportive dads in existence.) As result, many have no alternative but to rely of social programs for assistance.

Taking into account the present political climate, there seems to be a demonization of the underprivileged that use these services. It appears that the same people, who pound their fist against abortion, are the same who cry foul on public assistance paid to families who have difficulty feeding, housing and clothing their children. It is far more pragmatic to allow women to determine when they choose to reproduce. A child reared with a parent or parents that are financially capable of support puts less pressure on public resources and produces healthier happier children and citizens.

To reverse roe vs. Wade would result in an uptick and expansion of welfare programs for many decades to come; food stamps, Medicare, section 8 housing and the like. Many young women forced to have children will be undereducated and live in poverty and will further pull from public funded education and job training services. Children born to women with addictions will require extensive medical resources and special education services. To destine women and children to poverty for 18 or more years for an occurrence that took less than 15 minutes to occur is ridiculous. I can’t bow to the chatter on adoption for unwanted children, only the well to do who can pay lawyers can adopt. Often children of color or of mixed race are left behind. Any child born less than perfect ends up in a seriously underfunded and under serving foster system.

• A Pragmatist's Approach

The decision for a woman to have an abortion is not taken lightly. When a child is born its affects are felt beyond the mother and child. Vast resources are required to rear a child beyond food, clothing and housing; education and medical services are needed. Many women do not have the means to support. Families may be under existing financial strain. Single mothers feel it the most. Many women will have to put on hold education or professional development that would ultimately ensure a productive future of self reliance. Too many baby daddies run for the hills. Some even maintain low wage earning jobs just to avoid higher child support payments. The child and mother are victims. The responsibility falls mainly of the woman. As result, many have no alternative but to rely of social programs for assistance.

To reverse roe vs. Wade would result in an uptick and expansion of welfare programs for many decades to come; food stamps, Medicare, section 8 housing and the like. Many young women forced to have children will be undereducated and live in poverty and will further pull from public funded education and job training services. Children born to women with addictions will require extensive medical resources and special education services.

To destine women and children to poverty for 18 or more years for an occurrence that took less than 15 minutes to occur is ridiculous. I can’t bow to the chatter on adoption for unwanted children, only the well to do who can pay lawyers can adopt. Any child born less than perfect ends up in a seriously underfunded and under serving foster system.

• It's the womens' choice

If you want to get an abortion, that's great! If you don't want to get an abortion, that's also great! Let's stop controlling the women who are getting these abortions and let them make the decision. You shouldn't force people to not get abortions just because you're uncomfortable with it.

• Abortion is murder.

A woman has a right to her body, but the life of a person is more important. A fetus is a person, not a potential person. A zygote is a potential person. A fetus is no less of a person than an infant, but it is illegal to kill an infant. So why not make abortion illegal?

• No, the unborn have rights.

What the hell has happened? Do we no longer care about the rights of those who can't speak for themselves? As Ronald Reagan said, I find it very interesting that all of the people (unspym[pathetic] idiots) who agree with abortion haven't been aborted themselves (paraphrasing here). I mean, my god.

• Murdering is illegal

You wouldn't go up and kill a baby so why would you kill one that isn't born yet. It is the exact same thing. If the moms can't handle having a child they shouldn't have gotten pregnant. Abortion should be illegal. Unborn babies have lives too and killing them just because the mom's aren't ready is stupid and evil.

• Abortion is just as bad as homicide, if not worse

As a religious point of view... The Bible never specifically addresses the issue of abortion. However, there are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

• It's not right now, its what to come.

If a female lion is pregnant, and I perform an abortion on her somehow, then did I kill a lion cub? Answer: Yes
    If I were to perform an abortion on a female lion, I would bet you I would face a HUGE fine, for killing an endangered species.
    If I hadn't done an abortion, there would be one more lion later.
    Lets apply this to people. A women can definetly enjoy her life more then a female lion, because she can have more sex without consequences. She can get her partner to wear a condom, and she can take the pill. She can also make it where she cant get pregnant ever. Now you have all these options to not get pregnant...And you...Don't use them??!

• Abortion is murder

Abortion is pretty much murder. Except its worse. Its basically killing a unborn baby before they got to experience the outside world. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . .

• America is Sick!

No one should have the right to decide whether a baby is living or not because it conveniences them!
    This is disgusting and evil!
    No one cares about the mother's body, it's the baby living inside it!
    And those cases of abortion where it's incest, rape, etc are only under 5% of abortions, but the left loves to use that argument.

• Abortion is morally wrong

A foetus is a human being, this is the scientific consensus. Consider also that it is wrong to kill human beings. Why? Because it denies our fellow person their future experiences. Now, given that it is wrong to kill a human being and a foetus is a human being, it is wrong to kill a foetus (i.E abortion).

• No. It is murder and unconstitutional.

I'm not going to repeat the same things a second time, but I left comments in the statements of @PokemonSwag97, @MizzEnigma, @CindyM2121, and @FlyBoysGirl90. Their statements and my comment on them are all present on this page, although you will have to look for them. I hope my arguments will persuade you to fight for life.
    May God bless you all! :)

• People avoiding accountability

First off, please answer this question for me: when a pregnant woman is murdered, why is it called a double homicide? But I believe abortion is wrong because people are using it to avoid accountability for their actions. There is the old saying "you get to choose your actions, but not the consequences of your actions". If you are going to have consensual sex with another person, you better be responsible about it. Sex always has the potential to lead to pregnancy, so you better plan for that just in case! It just amazes me all these people that think they can have all the sex they want without any of the consequences of it! Take birth control, wear a condom, do whatever it takes, but if you get pregnant, there is no one to blame but yourself. Of course, this doesn't apply in cases of rape or abuse, as the person was not able to choose that happening to them. So in particular circumstances I believe abortion is justified. But if you are having sex with someone, get pregnant and then have an abortion because you "don't want kids" or think "it would be inconvenient" that is just sick. Too many people are avoiding accountability for actions that they knew the consequences of way beforehand.

DATXDUDE says2015-09-30T21:52:30.203
I honestly don't like this debate. It just pisses me off too much that people view abortion as acceptable.