• America is AWESOME

I love this country, it is amazing. The security (the military and the fact I know I am safe), the fact people love this country as much as I do instead of just saying meh, and of course, the best part of it all, drum roll please. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun... FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cause we are awesome!

Merica, merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica merica!!! Thats why!!

• Yes, I am.

Like the song, "where at least I know I'm free...". The republic has served the world well and is a beacon of hope in a dark and dangerous world. If America was not here, wonder what would have happened to Europe, the Pacific, the fall of Yugoslavia. No doubt here.

• Yes! Of Course!!

I'm proud to be here in a very blessed country. We have the army to protect us if we have any wars. Also the freedom that we have is freedom that other countries only dream about. Being a citizen in this country is a blessing. And that's why I'm very, very blessed to live here in the wonderful U.S.A.

• Yes! Of course I'm proud!!!

• Yes! Of course I'm proud!!!

• Yes, of course I'm proud!

• Heck yes im proud to be an American

America is great as long as we have our freedom. As long as this country remains the home of the free it shall be the home of the brave because we need the brave to keep our great country going and for sure we have thousands and thousands of brave Americans and as long as these brave Americans keep stepping up to defend our flag each and every day America will remain a great country that we love.

• Being the best you can be

I am proud to be an American because it gives me the opportunity to be the best person I can be. Being a US citizen opens you to many opportunities. You can get a good education and you have the freedom to learn as much as you want. You have the freedom to pick the right friends and to get the right job. You have the freedom to say no and to exclude people from your life who are a bad influence on you. You also have the freedom to work hard, enjoy the fruits of your labor, and take pride in the things that you accomplish. You have the freedom to stand up for what you think is right and vote for politicians that you agree with. Lastly, you have the freedom to control and manipulate the world around you to your desires in order leave the nation better than you found it.

• The land of opportunity

I am proud to be an American. My family was forced to come to America long before my time due to oppression from a government that valued limiting the freedoms of its citizens. I am proud to be an American because this great nation enabled my family to find peace and freedoms we never would have had. I am proud to be American because we are a nation formed on a belief system, giving natural freedoms to citizens. Of course America is not perfect, no country is. We may have income inequality, racial bias etc. However we are working towards a better world. In my life time alone I have seen changes for the better that make me proud to live in a society where the people’s voice can make a difference. From the first black president to federal laws legalizing gay marriage. We are a country of opportunity, willing to change overtime to best serve our citizens. A nation does not become weak from pride nor does it lead to negative actions. If pride is a feeling after accomplishing a goal then I am prideful because I know when I wake up in the morning I will be free, I will have my basic human rights, I will have a voice, and I will be a contributing member to my society. Although I may not have been able to control where I was born, my ancestors did, they chose America. My pride does not lead me to hate I pledge my allegiance because I understand many have made the ultimate sacrifice so people like you and I have the right to post debates over pride.

• Pride in country only leads to negative actions.

Pride is a feeling people get after accomplishing a goal. If you've done nothing, you cannot be proud of anything. Therefore pride in one's country is illogical. You can't be proud of being born into a country by forces you had no control over. Pride in nation (nationalism) also can lead to aggression against other nations based on irrational pretenses. So, no, I am not proud to be an American. Geographically, I like living in the United States, but I have no loyalty to its government or its customs. I don't even do the pledge of allegiance because of it always sounds like mindless propaganda to me. I try to respect all cultures and people from around the globe, and I think national pride gets in the way of that. Don't get me wrong I love American people (for the most part), but I have no stake in the nation itself.

• The president has sold America out to Muslim agenda

The president is trying to take away our gun rights, I believe he is trying to dissarm America so we can't defend our selfs.
    Starting a race war with trying to take away the Confederate flag that so many people love and it's our right to fly that flag!! Even if he don't like it. 1st amendment, freedom of speech.

• I am indigenous

I cannot say that i am proud to be an american. A country that has committed so many atrocities against indigenous people and continues to do so, while simultaneously preaching about freedom and equality. A country that continuously whitewashes historical events to vilify its perceived enemies while minimizing its own terroristic schemes. A country that uses information as a weapon not only against its own citizens but humanity itself. No i am not proud

• NO I am not proud....!

I am not proud to have enslaved a whole race, I am not proud of the biggest genocide in human history(Native Americans), I am not proud to have raped and killed countless women and children, I am not proud to have forced people to believe in Christ instead of their own indigenous ways, I am not proud to tell people how to dress, look, talk, & what to believe in, I am not proud to have forced the indigenous people of America out of their own land and put them in reservations with no running water, no electricity. I am not proud of gentrification, I am not pround of the great inflammation set in Latin America, Haiti and Jamaica. Poverty is not in our culture that's only been the last 500 year, take a look at the past 2000 years what we accomplished in terms of medicine, agriculture, astronomy. Before you try to deport anybody lets first realize that this was and still is Native American and Mexican land, so you support deportation? Ok good lets start with the white man!

• I am proud to be a cosmopolitan

E-REFERENDUM FOR A COMMON LANGUAGE NOW
    (Evolution, power to the people, the rule of law)
    Dear comrade! Epidemics and various crises threaten the worldwide civilisation! Stand up now! Curse nationalism, the private egoism and the parties. A billion of our brothers and sisters dies of starvation and epidemics. We live in a terrible inhuman unacceptable private society. We need a worldwide law to replace money domination by law domination. (System: “The rule of law”). With continuous repeated e-polls, we want to transform the “Ηuman Rights” into laws, the labor unions with their bilateral agreements and the United Nations, into the green UHO United Human Organisation and labour laws. We are not sheep to be led. We citizens want to enact constitutional laws themselves. Our own digital basic laws will help us all to own and to control everything together without leaders and parties.(System: “The rule of law”, see: un . Org). We need immediately worldwide common real democratic laws and first of all equality with a common language and a common worldwide civilisation.
    "The rule of law", "Lex Rex" The law is king. Nomocracy, Νóμος=law.
    Fred Blomson, born in 1937, genuine democratic amateur philosopher www.equalitynow.eu in: UH, GR, SE, DE, fred.Blomson@gmail.Com Group: facebook. Com/we cosmopolitans, debate.Org
    A: We need to organise ourselves in UHO United Human Org.
    B: Require e-voting on a common language.
    C: Require e-voting for worldwide constitutional laws (according to the system "The rule of law" Please see: un. Org, please share!

• As much as I love certain things about America, I will never be proud to be an American.

First, America is a country, not an identity. That's like saying if you were born on Mars you wouldn't say that you were a Plutonian.
    Second, although America was based on good values for their citizens, these values have been corroded and washed away much like the pipes in your basement. All this country runs on is major corporations. These corporations control just about everything including the media, social trends, and financial flow. It's like a reverse Robin Hood. These pigs take from the poor and give to the rich. Same with politicians. All they do is lie to the American people who spend their long hard earned money on stuff they're convinced to buy. We also start wars that we have no use fighting in. Terrorism isn't as big as the media makes it out to be. And even if it is, why would we take part in another countries fight? Yeah, they're our allies, but we are in no stable solitude to be starting wars that we know we can't handle ( PS:The Bush family can go fuck themselves...)
    Finally, all of the middle and lower class has been brainwashed to believe that the government will take care of all of our problems. The government gives out social security, food stamps, and many other things without checking if someone is even on drugs or not. I personally lost social security because I wasn't a student for one month, and I'm still fighting it because these pigs would rather help the drug addicts rather than people who are in a real financial downfall. And most of the people who are on these benifits barely even need them. I went down to those offices before and I saw most of those people were either black or druggies. Most of them both. I'm not saying that black people are the minority, but about 90% of them were wearing Jordan's, expensive high-heeled shoes, or jewelry at the least and it stenched of perfume in there! Those three things alone are a minumum of $80 alone. Tell me how they can spend that much money on stuff like that but they can't afford to feed 2 children that are practically old enough to get their own jobs. And the children who weren't that old had about 7 or 8 other brothers or sisters. Maybe instead of these people begging for money, they should get their priorities straight and close their legs, give children up for adoption, or stop buying expensive stuff that they don't need. Instead of depending solely on government funds, why don't we get our priorities straight and find other ways instead of putting our country deeper into debt.

• Don't see what's so great about being American.

It only brings negative stereotypes tp mind and it has never been as great or as free as it preaches to be. Being American is actually embarassing. I Personally only like this country because if its geography, thats pretty much it. Just because i was born here doesn't mean i have undying loyalty to this country,being American means nothing to me.

• God's laws are not being followed.

We have allowed separation of church and state to become elimination of God's laws from our government. Materialism has become the main focus with little regard to human life and the challenges of food, sex and drugs. So no I am not proud to be an American at this time

• Being an american

Doesn't mean that the politicians come under power of the people.They are supposed to be the head not the tail, our four fathers are turning in their graves.If these stupid politicians were any kind of godly people this would have never happened. Same as with the people who voted them in.

• Affinity? Yes. Pride? No.

I was born in the U.S.. I was raised here. I've traveled to many other countries, but nothing feels more like home than America feels like home for me. I suspect that if I was born elsewhere, I'd feel the same about that place. And, like everything that feels like home to me (my family, my possessions, my career) I am invested in them. I care what happens to them. I try to honor and respect and protect them, because they have given, or I expect them to continue to give me something that I feel I need (love, support, comfort, purpose, money etc.). I wouldn't say I'm proud of America, or to be American -- I only feel American when I'm not in America. And, that's because people keep pointing out ways that I am culturally different from them. I don't identify with America's "accomplishments," because I feel like that many were made at the expense of people... Innocent people. I feel like many of them (from the Declaration to the Constitution, etc) were contradicted in practice right from the very beginning. I do feel blessed to benefit from the sacrifices of so many who have come before, but, I am hurt/limited by the legacy of selfishness and inhumanity of many who have come before as well. I'm disappointed/saddened in very many things that the people of America have decided (or allowed) to let happen in their name. I am most disappointed by the rampant denial (or disregard...Or both) of those horrors because, after all, if one can't face the whole truth, then one lives a lie. The nation is noting in and of itself. It is the people within it. Some of them, I'd have no problem identifying with. Others I'd never trust. Maybe I'd feel proud if I was a part of helping America accomplish a worthy goal. Most of the time, I feel like my acts of citizenship, even locally, are irrelevant. I am proud of my efforts to make America a better place.