Are you surprised that members of Congress invest in companies that invest heavily in lobbying?

• No surprise at all, as members of congress continue to line their own pockets.

While it is not a surprise for most Americans, it still is disgusting. We the people deserve members of our government to look after our well being, not their own profit margin. The system is becoming more and more corrupt as more members turn away from their primary duty and look to benefit themselves. There should be checks and balances to prevent this type of behavior. Oh, there is.

• Why would I be surprised that members of Congress would behave unethically?

Why wouldn't politicians invest in companies who were investing in lobbying? They know lobbying works because they are part of the rigged system. For that matter, why would someone go to the bother of rigging a system in the first place if they weren't looking to benefit from it? They continue to act in their personal interests rather than the interest of the people they are supposed to represent. This is just another example of that.

• No, I am not surprised that Congressional members invest in companies that heavily lobby.

No, it is not surprising that members of Congress invest in companies that lobby heavily. This conflict of interest has been in place for over a century. The government is heavily supportive of the financial industry. Unfortunately, this results in an obvious conflict of interest where it is very easy for Congressional members to profit from their investments in lobbying companies due to lack of oversight.

• No, I am not surprised that members of Congress invest in companies that invest heavily in lobbying.

No, I am not surprised that members of Congress invest in companies that invest heavily in lobbying. People invest money to make money, and Congress should be no exception. Regardless of what the company does, if you can make money I see no issues with investing in them and neither should Congress.