Are you with or against LGBT's and their rights?

Asked by: GameOfThrones
  • They're still people

Love is love, and love is no sin. People have the right to be themselves and if that means they are gay, then so be it. It's not like their "gayness" will rub off on you or anything. No-one has a choice on whether they are gay or straight. If God doesn't like gay people, remind me why he made them again. Being gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, asexual or other (are there more?) is not a sin, never was and never will be. Now let's face more of the threatening issues in today's world.

• Why is it wrong besides "Religion"

Some would say that God does not want people to be in love with one of the same gender. But God would want you to be happy. So if I want to be with another woman, if it makes ME happy then its fine. Where are the freedoms? Its not the 1900's anymore. Grow up! Being gay is not a choice, its a feeling. So tell me someone please why should someone be denied their happiness. You only live once so why live i misery. Live the way you want. Stay strong fellow LGBTQ community.

Posted by: LJ2
  • Separation of church and state to conserve rights

The rights of the LGBTQ community should be practiced and modelled through the laws of the United States including marriage. According to the article “The best arguments for gay rights” from the website Marriage.Laws.Com it is a basic right of all American people to enjoy equal rights and that is open to the gay community as well as blacks, whites, catholics ect. Not only are these people denied a simple liberty of a nationally recognized relationship but also all that comes along with it including joint bank accounts, joint property or the inheritance of property after death. It is absurd to deny people these rights because of biblical disapproval. The line between separation of church and state is blurred which is infringement of rights given by the constitution of The United States, the most important document in our nation.

• Liberty and Equality

Yes, everyone deserves to be treated equitably and fairly.

In response to some of the counter arguments:
    - society should treat everyone equally regardless of whether you agree with their actions or opinions.
    - morality is subjective, and having love in the world is something positive that I believe can only be conducive to society.

• It doesn't offend me

It doesn't matter to me i'm honestly neutral
    if they want love that i'm not stopping them
    to those who are offended by them because it infringes they're religious beliefs ask yourself this:
    do they practice my religion

if the answer is no don't worry they don't follow your beliefs

• Being different is not bad.

People only make fun of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender because they are different. Maybe you are different because you doing something and someone else doesn't. They don't make fun of you because you like to do something different. So you shouldn't make fun of lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender people just because your different.

• They are made as who they are. And we should celebrate our differences.

I believe they were made the way they are for a reason, either gay or straight or bisexual.( I'm still deciding on trans but hey you do you and I will still support you, atleast a little bit.) And either man or female. Also I noticed that so many people are blinded by religion itself and believe in it itself. Not the possibility of it, and this includes all of the religions, including athiesm. But hey I believe in God and for me he has made me believe that he made them in there own unique way on purpose. And hey if I'm wrong, and he doesn't exist or it is a sin, then so be it! But I have had way too many coincidences in my life. And I'm online 14!
    P.S I'm believe I am bi.

P.S I'm believe I am bi.

P.S I'm believe I am bi.

• Society has become too democratic.

There is a significant role played by the Church. There is a sanctimony behind matrimony and gay marriage blatantly ignores the sacred history and has attempted to dominate the cultural norm.

There is only Adam and Eve, not Adam...Oh wait, am I attracted to him? Maybe I'm a girl...Maybe I like guys...

Until there is reasonable scientific evidence to prove people are born gay it is stupidity to believe that you can be gay.

Besides it is down right gross and disgusting what they do to have sex. The human body is biologically and sexually not designed for such acts.

I do not hate the person, but I hate the sin. And sin is what draws our nation further and further away from its purpose.

• Totally against it.

Has literally nothing to do with religion. I'm agnostic. I just simply dislike homosexuality, and bisexuality, it bothers me so much. Most gay men have feminine personalities, and lesbian women have masculine personalities. Which is so stupid if you ask me, and I dislike gender roles being switched. I also hate "transgenders", sorry but your gender is not your opinion or choice. Maybe if you would of passed Biology in high school, but oh wait, you're probably a liberal hippie who dropped out of high school and lives off of tax payers money or a college student taking feminist classes. Fuck the left wing, and everyone who thinks you are born homosexual or a different sex than you actually are.

• It violates my rights

Look as an American, I have the right not to support something that I feel goes against my beliefs or my own rights. But to throw us in jail or call it hate crime is absurd. We as humans must understand that we don't have to support each others actions, thoughts or desires, but just support them as humans.

If I don't believe in your actions or beliefs, then I wont support them. But that doesn't mean I hate you or against you. I just don't support you

• The gay agenda must be stopped

In today's society, we don't just adapt an accepting attitude towards sexual deviants. We actually encourage some destructive and degenerate behavior. I think a problem opponents of this have is when arguing, they appeal to morality and religion. This doesn't work when our opponents reject the basis of morality and religion and find their behavior normal.

A common argument for sexual deviants is that people are born that way and can't change their sexuality. If sexuality was completely genetic, we wouldn't see such a drastic change so fast. The logical conclusion is that immoral societies are what causes all of the new sexual labels people give themselves nowadays. In fact homosexuality was considered a mental disorder by the APA until forced to change their stance through constant harassment and protest. Science shouldn't be decided on by voting to appease harassers.

Another thing is that people have free will. Whether one thinks they were "born that way", mentally unstable, or just a pervert, It is their choice on how to behave. A similar excuse of being "born that way" is used by weak-willed fat people who say it as if they have no choice in the matter even though both are almost universally considered unhealthy. I guess some may actually be born lacking integrity or being too weak to control their impulses. In this sense, sexual immorality can look like a vice that one can either indulge or reject. Other vices; however, are looked at as degenerate behavior to be overcome, while sexual vices are now seen as a social group.
    There are those of us who fall into moral decay and we are given a choice: succumb or overcome. If they embrace their vice as they are encouraged to do by modern society, they have already lost.

Posted by: Nawl
  • Hmm...It's rather sad actually

They already have rights like everyone else they want special rights. They won't ever be satisfied. It's pretty sad actually. It just shows they need everyone around them to tell them what they do is smart and good.

Love should be validated by ones self not others.
    I hope one day they find peace.

• Against LGBT's or against homosexuality?

I'm not against gays, but I am against the act of one man putting his Johnson up another man's one-way street. If a gay couple were to show up on my doorstep in need of help, I would gladly welcome them in, give them a warm meal, and a place to sleep, but they would definitely be sleeping in different rooms, because no sodomy will take place in my house.

If a smoker needed some hospitality, he would be welcome in my house, but his cigs would not.

Tolerance these days is a one way street. The meaning of the word tolerance has evolved into "see it my way, or you're intolerant, and a racist, and a sexist, and a bigot, and a homo-phobe."

I mean seriously, what was Barronelle Stutzman's sin? Not wanting to support an event that conflicted with her long held religious morals? She wasn't asked to make a bouquet for a gay man to give to his significant other, she was asked to support a gay wedding. If a black man who happened to be a sandwich maker was approached
    by the KKK to cater their rally in town, and the black man refused, would that case really hold up in a court of law today?
    Well, that was a bad example, because sadly yes I could see that case going through in today's world...

How about this then, if a lesbian couple owned a banner-making business and were approached by a Baptist church to make signs for their "Homo's go to hell!" conference that weekend, and the lesbian couple refused, would THAT lawsuit hold up? It wouldn't even make it to court...

So I guess... What was the question again?

Oh well, God bless. (forgive the micro-agression) (forgive the "forgive the microagression" microagression for using the word "forgive" which probably implied Theism somehow).......(scratch that, get over it and grow up)

• I am against homosexuality...

But I am not the homosexual/transgender/bisexual. To me, homosexuality is very unnatural. Take this for example, sometimes in a homosexual relationship, one partner will act more masculine and the other more feminine, you want to know why? Because men and women complement each other. Two men or two women together for that matter, do not complement each other which would explain why one partner will act more like the man and the other more like the woman in the relationship.
    However, I do not believe that we have the right to mock LGBT's and treat them like inferior beings. They deserve equal rights but SPECIAL rights which is what I feel they are really campaigning for. They deserve to be treated as fellow human beings but they also need to accept the fact that not everyone agrees with their lifestyle and not go sending them death threats which would make them just as hypocritical as some of those who oppose them.

• Nah those people are wierd

Gay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gaygay gay gay gay gay

• Don't bring children into it

Gays and lesbians can live the lifestyle of their choosing but marriage as the basic unit of society is about creation of families, and I feel all children are born with 2 rights: The right to live, and the right to a binding relationship with a biological mother and father. This doesn't always happen with abortion (infringing on right number 1) adoption and divorce (infringing on right number 2) but it is the ideal a society should aim for. Families created under gay and lesbian circumstances definitely infringe on right number 2.

• Nah those people are wierd

deacc says2016-05-16T17:40:03.293
Neither. I am only for LGB rights.