• Zoos Are Bad

Zoos Are Bad Zoos are bad. Now, I love to look at animals and often go to zoos, even though I do not support them. I think it is very cruel to be taken from the wild or bred for the sole purpose of spending your entire life in a cage. God made animals to rome the Earth and inspire us. He trusted us to take good care of these precious beasts, not throw them in a cage and underfeed them. They need the wild, it's their natural habitat; what they were made for. Zoos confine these creatures to small cages. Many zoo animals suffer from various diseases. Hooves will flatten and look like half-inch-thick pancakes, Giraffes' necks will bend at odd angles, animals will starve, critters will suffer from depression (which could lead to death), and many more deplorable residuums.

• Zoo do not benefit animals.

Zoo's give no benefit to animals. If an animal if sick or injured, I don't think that making it open for the view of large crowds will help it. Some say that Zoo's let us see animals up close which benefits to research, but you won't learn to much, considering it won't act naturally, since it's in a different environment. Its like saying: "I want to study the habits of women! I'll research them whenever they're on their period!"
    Not that the animals hormones act up when in Zoos.

• Zoos Are Bad

Zoos are bad. Now, I love to look at animals and often go to zoos, even though I do not support them. I think it is very cruel to be taken from the wild or bred for the sole purpose of spending your entire life in a cage. God made animals to rome the Earth and inspire us. He trusted us to take good care of these precious beasts, not throw them in a cage and underfeed them. They need the wild, it's their natural habitat; what they were made for. Zoos confine these creatures to small cages. Many zoo animals suffer from various diseases. Hooves will flatten and look like half-inch-thick pancakes, Giraffes' necks will bend at odd angles, animals will starve, critters will suffer from depression (which could lead to death), and many more deplorable residuums.

• Yes and no

I can understand the point of view that they're bad. But a lot of zoos take in threatened animals that are in danger in their own habitats, so the zoo is actually saving them. For example, the deforestation in Sumatra is greatly endangering many species there, so a zoo taking in some Sumatran tigers or rhinos could actually help save the species.

• Zoos are great!!!

I like them a lot j j jj j j j j j jj j j j j j jj j j j j j jjj j j jj jj j j j j jj j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j

• Zoos are not bad!!

Yes, zoos can be horrible for animals, but it isn't like the circus where animals are forced to do things they are not used to and don't like. Zoos make the animals enclosure safe for animals and humans, and just like their natural habitat. If animals like the giant panda for example, were not kept in zoos, then they would be extinct.
    Animals in zoos are not required to do anything, they are given their food and do not have to hunt for it. If you are saying that zoos are bad, then why do you visit them? If nobody visited zoos, then they would close down.

I think that zoos should stay open because they are kind and helpful for animals.

• No, but I'm sure there are some bad zoos.

Whilst I believe all animals should be free and should live in their natural habitat, we must take time to realise the reality that throughout human history we have destroyed the majority of wild habitats on Earth. The history of zoos is deeply rooted in our human desire to conquer nature. Since zoos have existed for so long now the majority of creatures in them are bred in captivity, for a life in captivity. Such animals have never known true freedom so can they miss it? Could they survive it? If an animal is kept in good health and given adequate space then the setting of the zoo is not detrimental. Places like "sea world" though, are a different matter. Oceans are so vast they can not be replicated to anywhere the same degree a zoo can replicate a land based habitat.

To sum it up, I'm sure there are zoos out there that have poor conditions and these are bad. However on the whole a the majority of zoos can be seen a by product of a greater evil, that being the anthropogenic destruction of animals and their natural habitats on vast scales throughout modern history.