• Animals dont matter

They havent contributed anything to society but humans have. Animals dont create things or build houses, so why do they matter unless animals start communicating with us then we dont know if they like living in zoos or not so stop whining we the humans are the Superior being so bow down animals

• Really America? Really?

It is ridiculous to claim that animals are happier in the wild. Almost all the animals in zoos are rescues that are awaiting release or animals that are common enough to make its removal from the natural environment not harmful. Also zoos sponsor capture and breeding programs, and they can also keep species alive.

• Animals are not humans

You do not need to be an expert to see that animals are not intellectuals. They rely on instinct to make it through their lives, while humans use our heads (Not all of us it need to though "They is bad") Humans are doing what they believe right and maintaining a population of animals in zoos for both the animals and us.

• There Should be a Criteria

I believe that zoos are good and bad. On the good side I believe that without zoos that many of the animals we enjoy today would not be here. Such as Pere David's deer, black-tailed ferret, and many others. First of all, to those that would argue we are the problem and we should have education to these people. That is all great but there is really not enough money to do this. Next, should animals really be kept in cages to which studies have shown that these animals have psychological fears, boredom, depression etc. NO. They should not they should have large amounts of enrichment, such as lures on zip lines for cheetahs, and lots of climbing toys for monkey. They should also give them enough room. A great example of this is the White Oak Conservation Center in Florida. Second thing, animals are rarely taken from the wild by zoos today without drawing out large amounts of controversy from not only people but the AZA and WAZA as well. This why not many animals are taken out of the wild today. So in conclusion, I believe that zoos are good when put under checks and balances but zoos that are similar to roadside zoos, well the notion should be abandoned

• Zoos are good!

I think that zoos are good for the animals. It is a safe, natural place for them to live. It can even help endangered species, such as the California condor, get back to a non endangered species. In conclusion, zoos are a good place for the animals to happily live.

• Zoos are good

Zoos allow us to research the animals. They also give animals extra housing space. The forest is being cut down so zoos are useful. The more we cut down trees the more useful zoos are. When we are in the future we will thank our selves tat we built zoos.

• Think about it...

Everyone's saying zoo's are bad! That their caging up animals! Not letting them live in their natural habitat! That is happening in some zoo's. Some have careless, rude people working there. Caging animals is wrong. They should have more space, not bars in front of them! Their habitat is another thing. I agree they should rome free in their natural habitat, but that would be even worse for them. Their habitat is getting destroyed...By us. I'm just saying that if all this bad stuff in the animals wasn't happening... I would say we don't need them. Not as much. But the thing is, we do.

• Zoo's Are Terrible, and Selfish.

True Scientist results lead that more animals die in Zoo's then in the wild because 'Humans' (Not even the Animal) Does not know how to completely care for the animals in the proper way. And plus, some of the animals don't even have enough space when in their cages the animals feel compressed and trapped. It would be impossible to make it exactly how it would be in the wild. Think, if animals are in cages do they feel free? And one more thing... Did you possibly ask? Oh wait, you can't. Humans are doing Zoos for their own benefit so even if it's 'cool' to look at the animals, do you think the animals think it's cool to be trapped? Zoo's are incredibly selfish because first of all, 3 of 4 people that work at Zoo's do it for money. Second of all, (Like I said earlier) Do you think the animals liked to be trapped. And Finally Zoo's sometimes sell the animals to either, restaurants (Food), or Other Zoo's. But listen, I am not saying animals should not leave zoo's because now they cannot go back to the wild because they would already be so used to being in the zoo that they would not know how to care for themselves any longer, but if you think about it they could continue to collect animals and then say, "Whoops! Sorry they are already in the Zoo's we cannot give the animals back to the wild... Darn." So please help me and the millions who want to protect animals, not kill them.

• Zoos help everyone

I think that zoos help everyone. If an animal is hert then it can help it and give it the medication that it needs to help it heel. Plus scientists can look at the animals they need to look at up close or if there is a endangered animal is in the zoo it can help the animal population.

• Yes its okay trust me

Yes they do need to be in cages because we have to make sure dangerous animals are kept in cages so no one can get physically hurt, if they stay in their natural habitat they can die off lack of food, predators, diseases but in zoos they have veterinarians on guard if they are in their habitat they can get hurt but in zoos most likely they would be killed because they want to take over their territory

• I don't like zoos

Animals should not be mistreated just for human entertainment. It is wrong that they are caged because humans want to see exotic animals instead of having to travel to foreign countries. The human mind is programmed to find the simplest way to do something and in this case zoos are the easiest. People should get off their lazy butts and go somewhere.

• Caging animals is wrong.

Keeping other animals locked in cages for our entertainment, or even education, is immoral. They should be allowed to roam their native habitats freely. Imagine being taken from your homeland and living the rest of your life in an enclosed space for the amusement of others. Zoos are completely unethical.

• They are cruel and unkind to animals.

They take animals away from their natural habitats, families, packs or neighbors. Although they help save some endangered species, they put them in either the zoo again or the wild,where they are not used to and will probably be killed or eaten by other animals. They also keep the animals in places that are at least 100 times smaller than their habitats in the wild. I rest my case. I disagree with zoos. Thanks for reading this!

• Don't Forget The Ecosystems

We all can't forget that each animals are part of a ecosystem and if there taken out of it it will ruin that ecosystem they were in. Then if there they taken out of the ecosystem they'll become invasive and it will be hard to capture all of them. Also zoos make animals mate on force, what if they don't want to mate with each other. Also there more ways to keep animals safe. For example they can get protected land and they can also put them in national parks. That is why I believe that zoos are harmful to animals.

• Zoos torture animals.

Zoos are miserable places for animals. They don't give animals sufficient space. Animals suffer and die in zoos. Zoos are connected to animal circuses where they hurt the animals. Animals are taken from the wild and put in zoos. The animals don't sleep in zoos. Now, the animals aren't allowed to do whatever they want.

• Zoos are BAD

As much as zoos offer education, they still keep animals caged up so we can laugh at them inside. For example, I took a look at this question and saw a site where it showed animals dying and in need at a ZOO. Some zoos are good, like the Greenville Zoo and the River Banks Zoo. So, zoos are officially bad!

• Zoos are cruel

On a different site I saw that some body shot animals that had escaped and somebody shot them. Also keeping animals in zoos are things we shouldnt do. For exanple there many other ways to make sure animals stay alive, forexample why not buy prtected land for those animals. Somae ani mals need certain exercise to live. Tyhats why i think we shouldnt haave zoos

• I think zoos are hamful

I think that zoos are harmful because your puting the animals lives at risk. You are also putting the animals life at risk,the animals have to have a conpanion to like. Even thought zoos can repopulate endangered species it has killed many animals. I also bileave that zoos have overpopulated animals and made human lives harder to like.

• Zoos are bad

Zoos prevent animals from being in the wild. We use animals for our own good, but i guess it's not really good. Animals are beautiful creatures and we don't want to take way there beauty. People give animals severe distress called zoochosis. So zoo doctors, "vets" give them something called prozac, which is a drug that calms them down. Does this seem fair too you?

• They are bad

They is bad I think a zoo has its good side which is saving species from extinction. Educating the public and giving them an upclose look is great too. However between tv, youtube, the internet, and documentaries you can get your fill there really imo.

The bad. One youtube video I watched was a gorilla slamming the glass and all the people laughing and pointing. For whatever reason it struck me and I wished that gorilla had broken the glass and attacked those people. It was just sad how we dominate and confine a species so close to himan because we can and because we can make a buck.They is bad I think a zoo has its good side which is saving species from extinction. Educating the public and giving them an upclose look is great too. However between tv, youtube, the internet, and documentaries you can get your fill there really imo.

The bad. One youtube video I watched was a gorilla slamming the glass and all the people laughing and pointing. For whatever reason it struck me and I wished that gorilla had broken the glass and attacked those people. It was just sad how we dominate and confine a species so close to himan because we can and because we can make a buck.

Anonymous says2013-08-05T22:47:12.027
Let animals be themselves and be in the wild with their herd.