Aren't we monsters too if we judge those who judge?

Asked by: RubyDarksoul101
  • Not sure if this is a yes or no option

Most people don't understand what judging is. I can tell a murder that it is wrong to murder people (judging action) or I can say you are a horrible person for murdering someone (judging the person).

Most people would consider the first on judging someone because those people disagree with the statement.

I used murder to get my point across, because I feel fairly safe in coming to a judgement that the vast majority of people think murder is wrong. However, you can insert anything in its place and it still holds true. (popular topics this is used for: abortion, homosexuality and using drugs to name a few)

To sum it up everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. If you are told by someone they don't like something; "So what?" you are not getting a judgment with punishment passed down on you. Its not the end of the world.

• If we call those who judge monsters then we ourselves are monsters for judging them.

My opinion is that those who judge others could be lost in thought and may not know who they really our, is it really are place to judge them, can we really call them monsters for judging if we are doing the same to them. How can we really know that those people are just bad people or if they are lost people who judge just so they can feel like they belong in this world. I know that judging is sometimes good, but it can also be bad, but tell me, do you think that people can be lost an not know what to do or say, can we really judge them for being lost and alone in thought, for example if i was lost and didn't know what i was doing and i decided to judge others just because i am afraid that others will do the same to me, then will you judge me for choosing this path when no body was there to lend a hand and help me choose the right choice. So all i say is are we judging those who judge without even knowing why they do it?

• Judging isn't always wrong

The question is a good point. "Judging is always wrong" is itself a judgment.

The truth is judgment is an important skill and ability for humans. There are things we shouldn't judge and times we shouldn't judge or at least where we should not express (at least not too strongly) our judgments. However, there are also times and places when we should judge, and times and places when we should express those judgments.