Arranged marriage: Does arranged marriage boost illegal immigration?

• No I do not believe that arranged marriage boosts illegal immigration.

I do not believe that arranged marriage boosts illegal immigration because an arranged marriage is no different than a marriage that is not arranged. Arranged marriage has been practiced for thousands of years throughout history and there has never been a need to separate the marriage from the institution of marriage.

• Not as much as you'd think.

If we are talking about marriages arranged for cultural or religious reasons , then no, I don't think this is the case. Such marriages are made around the globe and are very public in their communities and families, meaning that the vast majority of them will last past the time required for the spouse to obtain a passport or what have you. I don't think that, from an immigration point of view, there is a significant difference between arranged and traditional marriages.