Arranged marriage: Does arranged marriage breach the principle of cultural freedom?

• Arranged marriage in some culture are more successful then other

I agree with the fact that Arranged marriage breach the principle of culture freedom. In modern world people prefer love marriage but some culture strongly believe in arranged marriage. I myself being Indian we believe in arranged marriage because there is more chance of being successful marriage because there is more then just two people involved and that keeps their commitment from both sides. The grooms is to be made sure that he takes cares of the bride and same goes for the bride.

• Yes arranged marriage is definitely a breach

Yes, I think that an arranged marriage does breach the principle of cultural freedom. An arranged marriage does not allow people to have freedom of choice, which I think is important when it comes to culture. Being cultural means being able to express yourself, and an arranged marriage just does not do that.