Art and gym should be electives in high school.

Asked by: Marideth1996
  • Course Choice & Personal Opinion

First, we ought to allow more school choice in general, and allow children to pick the courses they want to take. After all, it is their education and their future.

Second, it is of my personal opinion that both art and gym suck (well, debate is fun though). Math (the abstract kind, not those easy computations they teach), economics, physics and computer science are much more interesting. Of course, take this argument with a grain of salt (because I'm biased).

Posted by: WXL
  • Aaa das das das

Aaaaaaas asd asdsa asd as das das das das das as das das das das das das das dasd asd as das das dasfsdmgkdjsflgfdjgdofjgodfjgfdjojod aaaaaaas asd asdsa asd as das das das das das as das das das das das das das dasd asd as das das dasfsdmgkdjsflgfdjgdofjgodfjgfdjojod aaaaaaas asd asdsa asd as das das das das das as das das das das das das das dasd asd as das das dasfsdmgkdjsflgfdjgdofjgodfjgfdjojod

• Gym inhibits intellectual growth from those who are interested to learn.

My high school required that all students take 1 credit (one full year) or gym. It was pure torture. My first year I was unable to finish a gym credit due to medical reasons. I then had to drop a class from my next year to make room for my requirements. It royally screwed my for year plan. Also, health classes, the were called wellness at my school, are mandatory. All they are is mental well being and sex Ed. All of this had already been shoved down my throat so there was another two trimesters that I lost. Total, that makes 2 full year classes worth of PE and health classes that I could spent learning something I found interesting like marine sciences.

• YES TO THAT (art is more of a yes and no)

Yes we should because first of all gym just keeps the kids active and energetic and be fit i can say but somewhat i dont think art should because you cant teach students art its just like teaching a kid a talent that they cant do or arent very good at like some are; art is more of a talent rather then a subject. But besides that art is more of a fun subject to do to give and help kids improve there art skills

• Art and Gym should be electives in high school.

I think that Art and Gym should be electives in high school because some people like to draw and be an artist. Also, everyone needs to be active and get some exercise. Some kids need to exercise so they won't be lazy. They also need to exercise to be healthy.

• Art can be an elective, but gym shouldn't be.

Given the growing child obesity epidemic, gym should be a mandatory credit up to graduation. Gym classes should also focus on teaching healthy lifestyle habits and diet choices to ensure today's children will remain healthy into adulthood. Art can should be an elective, as not every child is interested in it and it doesn't contribute much to overall physical health.