• Yes it is and here is why...

Music can be Art, I mean isn't that why Musicians are called Artists? Music can be just plain boring sounds but a good Artist can be a masterpiece of their compositions. So yes Art is better than music, this poll never asked if Visual Arts is better than music. So there I would rather listen to a work of Art than just plain old music.

• Art is new ideas, emotions, feelings, bursts of creativity and life.

"An artist depicts emotion with their own new ideas and inspirations to leave an impression that will last a lifetime, where as musicians fill the air with their printed sheet music by Bach and fill the silence for only a moment, but then again leave us in silence that surrounded us before."

• Art is a world

To be honest, I prefer Art because when your are drawing or painting you can express yourself. However, Music you just sing, maybe there are many people interested in it but there are many singers, aren't they?... I think we should promote art in every school, I mean, students can take part in presentations, showing their own thought

• 100% Art & Music

I love art, and music, so i would be in-between, because when you are painting, and listening to music all at the same time, your journey is amazing. Plus when you paint or draw, is artistic, and when you listen to music, you mind can tell you that what you are listening to could become a masterpiece.

• 100% Art & Music

• They are both great it is a matter of opinion

I love to listen to music. I love to look at Art too but not as much as i like listening to music. I think that Art is much more fun to make than music. I play the violin but I enjoy painting and drawing alot more than playing music. For me Art is better to make and music is better to listen to.

• Music is better

Its probably just me, but I find that I can experience much more emtion while listening to music than while looking at art. And I prefer music because you don't have to focus on it, just listen. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Music can be expressed better...

When you listen to music its a feeling like no other. When it hits you; you feel no pain. Its a way to express yourself. Yes, i understand art can be expressed too. But music is different, its more emotional and you don't necessarily have to be "talented" for music. You can be original and special.

• I'm biased, but I'm also slightly in between

Music is an art form, but I believe it was meant to be interpreted as art in the 'pen and paper' sort of way. Going with that interpretation, I believe music is better because everyone can enjoy it. Sure, people can enjoy coloring because it is relaxing, but not everyone likes that either. Pardon my bravery, but I feel it is safe to claim that most everyone on this planet enjoys music, whether they can create it or not. With art, you have to be born with some degree of talent beforehand to really enjoy creating it, and you also have to have a sort of wise appreciation for it to view already made art pieces. I know a lot more people who don't care about art than people who don't care about music. Given, I am a musician so I am bound to feel this way, but I am also an artist, and I've found that music gives me more of a release for my emotions because I can listen to it, write it, or even just play it. There's no limits with music.

• Music is an Art

Music is a type of art. Art requires technical skills, which music requires. People typically think of Art as drawing or oil painting. But that's only one branch of arts - aka Visual Arts. Music falls in the performing arts category. Therefore, it cannot be said that art is better than music since music is a type of art.

• Understanding music is simpler, but music is an art

I personally love to paint and draw, but music is easier to understand for most people. We hear or listen to music almost every day, so it is normal to everyone. While some people will say for a definite that they can not draw and don't understand how people do things like that.

• Understand art is more difficult than understanding music.

We touch music more than art. Art is for those who are talented enough while music is for everyone of us. Even if you don't know any about music, you still can listen to others, to understand what music talks about. However, if you don't know any about art, you still cannot understand what art tells even if you watch others' artwork.

• This is really tough.

I love to paint and draw. Have been doing so in many forms for many years and also love music. What swayed my opinion to music was purely due to how it makes me feel. When I paint I listen to music at the same time and will zone out for hours. But music can relax me, make me excited, make me feel almost euphoric with certain songs... But at the same time I can get completely lost in a painting, I can stare at a painting for ages and think of the story in it and feel like im there. But paintings don't make me cry like music does. Music brings out stronger emotions in me. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that when I listen to a song from years ago I get memory flashbacks from when I heard it first.

Posted by: sj91
  • Music is art, there is no difference to be made.

Art - The expression of human skill and imagination, producing works apppreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

Art is not better than music because they are the same thing.
    If a difference is to be made however, art(as in paintings and statues) is visually stimulating, not audibly stimulating, just as music is audibly stimulating, not visually stimulating. Everyone has a different preference, some prefer audible stimulation, some prefer visual stimulation.
    I personally prefer music.

• No, But Not How You Mean

I personally prefer music to visual art, such as paintings and sculpture, but that doesn't mean music is better. Music is a form of art in itself. Rather than visually stimulating, it is audibly stimulating. Music cannot be definitively better or worse than art, because music is a form of art.