As time goes on are we keeping the memories of veterans who died in previous wars alive?

• They are honored.

Yes, as time goes on we are keeping the memories of veterans who died in previous wars alive, because there are many ways that they are honored. We have Veteran's Day and Memorial Day each year where we honor the veterans. We also invite them to speak and schools and other public gatherings.

• To A Degree

I believe as time goes on we are keeping the memories of veterans who died in previous wars, alive. Essentially I think this is important for families to do as they are the people intimately familiar with these people. Once a person is gone their memory can live on through their children.

• We are not.

As time goes on are we are not doing a good job of keeping the memories of veterans who died in previous wars alive. We are putting them into the past, and not actively doing anything to remember them. A random day in the year is not good enough to remember them by.

• We try, but memories eventually fade.

I think that in general, we try to keep the memories of people we lose alive for as long as possible. It means a great deal when the loss is very personal. But I doubt very many people remember the sacrifices the vets of WW1 or the Civil War made.

• No we are failing to keep the memories of ALL veterans alive.

The people of the United States are failing to keep the memories of the veterans of all of its wars alive. With no living vets of World War I left and the vets of World War II in their 80s and 90s there are very few people left to share the events of those wars. Younger generations don't see honor in the actions of these vets, a very sad state of affairs.