Assuming it was legal, and assuming the blood was tested for diseases, if you were in need of a transfusion, would you accept blood you knew was "gay blood"?

Asked by: jwbrowdy
  • Blood has no sexual orientation.

Why would the sexual orientation of the donor matter when it comes to the transfusion. I have yet to read about a "gay" gene being part of our genetic makeup, so it is unlikely that homosexual feelings would result from said "gay blood". If the sole reason for a persons refusal of the blood was based on their religious beliefs, perhaps the entire transfusion should be cancelled account there was no mention of that in the bible?

• Of course I would

First of all the gay blood ban is ridiculous to begin with. But I personally find it completely proposterous that someone would not accept blood they knew was gay blood in the aforementioned circumstances if they were in need of it. Which is all the more reason to lift the MSM blood ban.

• This is a ridiculous argument

There is absolutely NO scientific proof that sexual orientation has any effect on blood type or blood donation. The only factors you would need to worry about are possible diseases, Rh, and blood type. And before anyone suggests it, being homosexual or bisexual is not a disease. It cannot be classified as a disease by any doctor or scientist worth their degree.

• Such a silly debate

Like people have said. Blood is nothing to do with being gay. If your parents aren't gay but you are then that eliminates this debate. Such silly debate. Blood is blood. Being gay comes from a choice in your brain not your blood. Pointless debate. Think before you post such silly things.

• First of all....

Seriously? There's a fricking law saying gays can't donate blood? If it was tested, and no diseases were found within, GIMME DA BLUD! That 4 pints of blood lost from that gunshot I got isn't going to refill itself. If that gay guy down the street has the same blood type as I have, and he is willing to donate, screw the law! I want to live!

• Ha ha ha

To any person who has been stupid enough to say no to this, I genuinely pray for you. How pathetic and stupid that you would risk your own life and not accept blood, just because it has come from someone who is homosexual. What do you think it will do - turn you gay too? (Not that that's a bad thing, of course).

• No not at all

Not if that crap is in their DNA. I mean, they can be gay as long as they're not trying to hit on me, but if that's in their genes, and you put that stuff in my body, what's to stop it from taking over? No offense, but I like being straight.